Career Officer
# 121
07-05-2012, 10:32 AM
If you cant differentiate feedback from whining then i'm out. You sir are nothing but a failed troll with a blinkered agenda and a complete inability to see another persons view.

Again just for reference, you have been outed by facts many times in this thread yet you will not address them or even acknowledge them.

Your opinion of KDF as a faction and its players is blindingly obvious even though you say you play one (Freud would have a field day with that one)

And your ability to twist, misinterpret and outright lie to get your own agenda across is outstanding +1 to the internetz troll.

End of.
Banned
# 122
07-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Last night I spent am 1hr in Ker'rat in my Heavy Bop - surprizingly there were way more Kdf than fed.
The KDF faction has been repeatedly sold to us as 'the PvP faction', and you're suprised there's more KDF PvPers than Starfleet PvPers? Seriously?

As for this supposedly being the reason that many Fed players hate the KDF - that bird just won't fly.

First, an anti-KDF attitude on the forum first started before the game even launched, and became the norm when we began demanding more information about the Klingon faction in November 2009. Since the KDF wasn't even in the closed beta at that point it couldn't have been caused by Feds getting killed in Ker'rat by superior KDF PvPers. Additionally, many of the Fed players that have made anti-KDF posts, by their own admission, never enter Ker'rat or PvP at all. So your theory can't possibly account for their anti-KDF attitude and posts.

In my opinion, which unlike yourself I admit could be wrong, many people have displayed an anti-KDF bias because they could. Because the moderators allowed it and the developers encouraged it with their continuous beating of the 'we have a small team and can't afford to work on the KDF' drum. As I think we've all seen over the last decade, many people derive some enjoyment from antagonizing and insulting others on the internet. The actions of the community on these forums since they first opened show that this community isn't above that either.

Also, Ker'rat is not a 'Farming Zone', it's a PvP Zone and is clearly marked as such. Anyone who deliberately enters a PvP zone and then gets angry when they get PvP'd isn't being rational. Anyone who never learns how to PvP and then can't figure out why they're no good at PvP and then comes to the forums to complain that the KDF ships are overpowered is being an idiot.

Quote:
What I find most interesting in the thread - that in just 5 days it has generated 3200+ views - but there has been ZERO points from cryptic saying my Title of "NO more KDF ships" was not true or a "misrepresentation"
The developers used to occasionally post in the KDF forums and every time they did they got promptly chewed up faster than a Miranda in Ker'rat. So they haven't posted in the KDF forums in almost 2 years now. But you somehow thought they'd post in your thread? Wow! I thought I was supposed to be the one with the big ego!

Besides, no one has to read a dev post to know that you're wrong. One only has to actually listen to the podcast (or read the transcript of the pertinent section that I posted here) to know that you're wrong.

Quote:
(although I have stated in the original post that Al did say -no more KDF ships for a long time
Once again you're misrepresenting what Al "CaptainGeko" Rivera said. He did not say 'no more KDF ships for a long time'. He said: "So they'll still keep getting them, but in general you're gonna see more come out for the Fed than you are gonna see for the Klingon."

Quote:
You can believe what you want - say what you want - it still won't change what we get :more c-store Fed ships well into 2013
Here's the thing levi3, I believe that you're right. I believe that, other than the fleet ships which aren't really new, that the KDF will be lucky to see a new ship in 2013, much less 2012. But that's not what I'm disagreeing with you on.

You're claiming that Al "CaptainGeko" Rivera said that the KDF wouldn't get any new ships, or any new ships for a long time. But that's very clearly not what he said.

Anyone that doesn't believe me is free to click this link right here. Go to 1 hour, 7 minutes and 54 seconds into the podcast and you'll clearly hear what he really said.

- Peregrine Falcon
Captain
# 123 Falcon is 100% right
07-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Al did say that the KDF would continue to get ships but that the FEDs would get many more

that is they say is that - but it is very possile for the rest of this games life they get none - as Falcon agrees 2012 is a right off for any new KDF c-store ships and 2013 is not looking much better

Frankly with this game - looking beyond 2013 is just silly

I have taken the low road in this thread as many have point out - and it takes an honorable and one who has his "ego" (as many say I have a big one) in check - to admit such a thing.

On that note I will take the high road and hope there is something better to come out of the situation

I would suggest that the KDF and FED war is put to an end - it only fosters negativity from both side - and from a player perspective the KDF is losing badly - so it is in the best interests of the KDF that this fight/war/hostility is removed from the game

If that is not done - and demanded by the KDF - I see the KDF's demise as a playable faction in the not to distent future

Demand a Peace between the KDF and FED - if you truely are interested in the KDF survival in this game.

Thank you to the many that have put me in check.
Empire Veteran
# 124
07-05-2012, 11:25 AM
[quote]
Quote:
many of you including Falcon, Roach, Hawk, etc have said that Cryptic does not read/care/comment on the KDF forums -
rEALLY? I said the Devs do not comment on the KDF section of teh forums.

You call it posting an informative thread on the condition of the KDF ships in the future.
I call it trolling looking for a rage reaction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by staq16 View Post
The Federation may have all the superficial attention - but the game engine has a Klingon heart that lives only for battle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiecho View Post
I'm seroiusly thinking about leaving this game for a while.
Career Officer
# 125
07-05-2012, 11:26 AM
Cryptic won't do anything about the KDF Fed war.

They have put out so much bush fires at all that they no longer have a clear vision where STO should got. If they would STO wouldn't go from on direction to another.
Empire Veteran
# 126
07-05-2012, 11:49 AM
What I find funny about a point that PF brought up on the subject of Anti-KDF attitudes, only parts of the fed playerbase has expressed a hatred and dislike of the KDF and all things Klingon.
I have as yet to see a single post, comment or even a inkling of a statement saying that the Devs hate, dislike or otherwise have no love for the KDF and wish they where not a part of the STO MMO.

Only some of the fed fans seem to continuelly troll the belief that we KDF are not wanted in this game and expect us to believe it.

SO where is all this Dev related KDF hate?
Quote:
The Federation may have all the superficial attention - but the game engine has a Klingon heart that lives only for battle.
Quote:
Career Officer
# 127
07-05-2012, 11:52 AM
They are pretty much doing it by themselves raping up KDF with all the nerfed ships and exaggerated Raptor and Heghta skins.
Empire Veteran
# 128
07-05-2012, 12:12 PM
tRUE, there current actions say they dislike the KDF (or more so it says they desperately are trying to appease the feds and keep them emptying thier wallets for STO) but the actually phrase or phrases to the effect of hating the KDF have not been uttered as far as I know.

As I said, only certain fedfans seem to try to push that belief to us on a repeated basis. So much so that they come inot the KDF section of teh forums to do so.

As well, levi3 you seem to be wandering all ove the map at this point. First you say we KDF are not getting anymore ships, then its KDF dislike due to PvP and now you say we KDF need to beg the Devs to end the war and roll us into the fedfaction.........
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by bitemepwe; 07-05-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 129
07-05-2012, 12:32 PM
You guys are junping all over the OP as if PWE's actions haven't been screaming exactly the line he's selling.

If you heard as much devspeak over the years, as many of us have, they are flat out saying that new KDF ships/content will be few and far between. Considering the current imbalance that already exists, that's bad news for the KDF and pvp in general.

Whoever is making these decisions is pretty stupid imho. If they had two plants, theyd cover one in water and miracle-gro and then wonder why the other plant is dying.

Then thier solution would be more food and water for the healthy plant....
Empire Veteran
# 130
07-05-2012, 12:48 PM
I'm jumping the OP becuase I am tired of another " KDF is doomed" thread just for the sake of rattling our cages and envoking a series of rage responses.

Why should I or any KDF fan put up with the trolling?

We already know the writing on the wall of how the KDF has been and will be in STO.
That doesn't mean we need sit here and take another "Neener neener" thread from about it.
Quote:
Quote: