Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,218
# 31
07-01-2012, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peregrine0falcon View Post
I'm not saying that you're wrong in your assertion that Cryptic won't make any more KDF ships, I'm simply saying that what you claim Geko said is not what he actually said. Therefore you misquoted him.

And I also question the purpose behind your creating this thread. Your post history shows that you're not a KDF player, so if you're not trying to simply stir up those of us who are, then why did you start this thread?

- Peregrine Falcon
After the emotions this thread has provoked in me, I can't but agree with you. The OP's expressions seems like he's rubbing our noses in it. Its a personal sense of AMAZING satisfaction.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 32
07-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistressssinss View Post

I guess it is why I look at many acting with such venom and hurt feelings, being a devout Klingon player myself, I can understand those feelings, but realistically that is no reason to go about acting how many are as if this is a personal accosting and insult to them at such a level.

Cryptic is a company, and like any company they are going to put forth their effort where the money is. It is not rocket science, or a personal insult to anyone. It is good business sense.


Listen dears, some of you really make me worry over you all. If I ever was half aggravated with a game as much as many of you post, I'll be honest, I'd leave it and have my husband remove it off my computer the very second and take our money someplace else. We (he and I) have done it in the past leaving maxed out characters, 10 of them, decked to the gills in World of ********, and 9 Dark Age of Camelot. This game is no different.

Maybe it is just my experience giving me a different way of looking at things Levi dear, but in the essence of it all, is it really worth all that aggravation?

What you are are hashing over is not news, Nau we may not like it, but the last board meeting they(cryptic) had they didn't invite me, sooooo that explained where I stand ^^. My only recourse is either
1. spend money with them
2. take my money someplace else.
Thank you for your post - it is pointing out a main fact that I am trying to get accross - THIS IS JUST A GAME

Why am I a "Federation Troll" as someone said for pointing that this should not be taken seriously and to get on with what you have?

I have 3 Klingon lvl 50 toons - I have 5 lvl 50 Fed toons- do I like the Fed side better - of course - that's what the IP is about

I have fun with those Klingon toons - why can't the rest of you? If you don't like them - don't play them - just don't cry about something you can't and won't change

I am an STO player - the problem with many Klingon players is they take this personally - as if they were Klingons - which is scary to think about their mind set
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,490
# 33
07-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
snip
fine believe what ever you wish. the reality of the situation is what it is, accept it or dont. i dont mind either way.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 114
# 34
07-01-2012, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
That's it - issue solved - there will be no more KDF ship designs put out as it is not profitable

If you listen to Al in the latest podcast on the main page you will here him say how the Borta was the last(at least for a long time)

to quote him "The Oddy sold more than the Borta by an order of Magnitude!" while costing pretty much the same to develop - so why should we invest time and money when it's not profitable

Frankly thank goodness as the Borta is ugly.

I fly both the heavy BOP and the Raptor and they are excellent ships! So KDF will just have to do with Fleet upgrades

On the AMAZING note it looks like I will be getting my Science VESTA!! What a beauty! And apparently she will be the "god" ship - I guess everyone with an oddy will have to upgrade!

So no more threads are needed about what the next KDF ship should be as PWE is not interested in making one.
Yeah, Hey Z... baby do not reply to this guy and feed the trolls. He starts stuff that is always out of context and just to start stuff.

Perigreene and Roach are trustworthy, and a couple others I know.

Just the OP and the ones I texted to you, yeah Just do not feed the trolls baby.

cya when I get home.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 35
07-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peregrine0falcon View Post
I'm not saying that you're wrong in your assertion that Cryptic won't make any more KDF ships, I'm simply saying that what you claim Geko said is not what he actually said. Therefore you misquoted him.

And I also question the purpose behind your creating this thread. Your post history shows that you're not a KDF player, so if you're not trying to simply stir up those of us who are, then why did you start this thread?

- Peregrine Falcon
I have stated over and over that I play both sides - I have a preference for Fed - but no alliegence

See this is what I think needs to be address - as to my post - to give up this feeling that Cryptic somehow "owes" the KDF anything - its a business - you get what you get - they sell what sells

If the KDF poster would lose this Fed vs KDF ideal or that it's a real war then things would be better- you mention emothions about somehing that is just computer code!!

I guess my main point of the thread was I liked to hear - at least for me - a dev not BSing things and saying KDF is not profitable

That's it - so play with what you got and don't get worked up when you don't see anything else come out

I really thought long and hard about buying the B'rel for my Tac toon on this sale - but the Heavey BOP is almost as good - so I ended up buying the Refit Defiant - thats just the way it is - and I talked to several B'rel owners before making the choice - so I gave it DD

I will keep using the Heavy Bop everyday and not get worked up over this as none of you should either
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,218
# 36
07-01-2012, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
fine believe what ever you wish. the reality of the situation is what it is, accept it or dont. i dont mind either way.
Sorry for the fury. You are right. It's pointless.

I get caught up in this because for me its not just a game. For me its as competitive as for anyone that goes to play tennis, etc.

And in that competition, I want both sides to be treated fairly. "Play with what you got" does not see you through matches...

I PvP, thats all I do.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 07-01-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 37
07-01-2012, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludagger View Post
Yeah, Hey Z... baby do not reply to this guy and feed the trolls. He starts stuff that is always out of context and just to start stuff.

Perigreene and Roach are trustworthy, and a couple others I know.

Just the OP and the ones I texted to you, yeah Just do not feed the trolls baby.

cya when I get home.
This is not about trolling - its about acceptence! The sooner you accept that the KDF is what it is and won't be getting much better- the sooner you will feel better

What I don't like is all the KDF trolls - making threads telling people that there is hope for the KDF- when it is very clear - the KDF is a minor bit for PWE

There should be no more posts/threads inspiring false hope - play with what you have

No-one should be given false hope about the KDF - then they won't be hurt as much when they get nothing

I don't want to cause any other issue than acceptance and move on with what they have - leading people to believe there is hope is the problem - not spelling out what is clear to almost everyone
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,218
# 38
07-01-2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
This is not about trolling - its about acceptence! The sooner you accept that the KDF is what it is and won't be getting much better- the sooner you will feel better

What I don't like is all the KDF trolls - making threads telling people that there is hope for the KDF- when it is very clear - the KDF is a minor bit for PWE

There should be no more posts/threads inspiring false hope - play with what you have

No-one should be given false hope about the KDF - then they won't be hurt as much when they get nothing

I don't want to cause any other issue than acceptance and move on with what they have - leading people to believe there is hope is the problem - not spelling out what is clear to almost everyone
And I wonder if the tables were turned, and you were in a faction that was where the KDF are, would you share that sentiment.

Last edited by drkfrontiers; 07-01-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,490
# 39
07-01-2012, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Sorry for the fury. You are right. It's pointless.

I get caught up in this because for me its not just a game. For me its as competitive as for anyone that goes to play tennis, etc.

And in that competition, I want both sides to be treated fairly.

I PvP, thats all I do.
That's fine. i understand. people are passionate about the game.

I would like nothing more than to see a fully fleshed out klingon faction on complete par with the feds. I actually like the klingon side far more than fed despite the differences. and id love a complete romulan faction or a cardassian faction too some day as well.

i want nothing more than this game to get better and while i am confident it will get better i want to be realistic and pragmatic in the terms of how it will get better.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 40
07-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Did anyone ask you to play Siegmund Freud, and lead the masses from their stray?
Can you accept the fact that this will never be a PvP game? And that one side will get all the favor from now on?

If you can then you are liberated from the masses and can make a real choice - accept what you have and don't become disapointed if there is not much else, or move on to something else.

Then yes I do feel like I have accomplished some good - you will not waste any more emotional energy waiting for something that most likely will never happen.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:56 AM.