Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 28
1 Infected Ground OP is next to Impossible to completed even with a full party of people who completed all the other OP

2 Rep System!
i bugged you about this and i shall do again
So many noobys join STF without a clue how it works.... there shroud be a basic rating system like....

Tutorial 0-200 STF Exp Points
Normal 201-1000 STF Exp Points
Vetren 1001-3000 STF Exp Points
Elite 3001+

(Adding in new Tut and Vet for more your class sort of stf)
And have at the end of every STF a rating system and a tally of what DPS thay were doing heals ect ect....

As we all know we seen Noobys in STF who have no clue how to do tactics Or re modulate... mostly feds.

What do you lot have on these ideas?

~TGD
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 321
# 2
06-25-2012, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatdragon1 View Post
1 Infected Ground OP is next to Impossible to completed even with a full party of people who completed all the other OP

2 Rep System!
i bugged you about this and i shall do again
So many noobys join STF without a clue how it works.... there shroud be a basic rating system like....

Tutorial 0-200 STF Exp Points
Normal 201-1000 STF Exp Points
Vetren 1001-3000 STF Exp Points
Elite 3001+

(Adding in new Tut and Vet for more your class sort of stf)
And have at the end of every STF a rating system and a tally of what DPS thay were doing heals ect ect....

As we all know we seen Noobys in STF who have no clue how to do tactics Or re modulate... mostly feds
What do you lot have on these ideas?

~TGD
1) Infected is the hardest optional to get, but it is not "next to impossible" for an experienced team. The most common reason I see for failing it is being too slow pulling drones out in the first four rooms and killing them without crossing the trigger lines. Two best ways to deal with that, imo:
- Do not use any knockback (ie. sniper secondary) on targets that are more than 15m away when your doing the pulling. You'll just keep knocking them out of range slowing it down.
- If the pull is still taking too long, then you should only pull & kill one of the two mobs and rush the room and fight the other mob in there (2 go for the workers, 3 aggro the mob) to speed the process up.

If you fail because you cross the lines early, then study the map harder. If you fail because you rush a room with one mob in it and the team wipes, you have build / general combat tactics issues, such as failing to either CC or focus fire on Heavy Tactical drones, that are probably showing up on other STFs.

I'm sure other people might have some more useful things to contribute on Infected.


2) I'd definitely like to see stats at the end of STFs, if for no other reason to see my own contribution, but I don't think having people rate their team-mates is feasible for the following reasons:

- A player can give his/her friend(s) obscenely high marks that they don't deserve.
- A player might mark his team-mates down for a failed optional that was actually their own fault, but he's too stubborn or stupid to realise it.
- You may not always see what each individual player did in an STF, and stats may not tell you the whole story. Okay, with your model there'd be stats, but for what? You could have them for quantifiable stuff like healing & damage, but it'd be alot harder to get reliable stats for temporarily neutralising that Heavy Tac drone. Or stats for some dumbtit aggroing stuff they shouldn't be aggroing. Or stats for crossing trigger lines in Infected at the wrong time. Don't see how they'd be able to programme those.

Quote:
Tutorial 0-200 STF Exp Points
Normal 201-1000 STF Exp Points
Vetren 1001-3000 STF Exp Points
Elite 3001+
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make with this? Do you want higher difficulty STFs gated off until a certain number of lower difficulty ones are completed?

I don't think that works because people can be carried, can be lucky, or can just grind out enough completions in a sea of failures/quits in order to get the necessary #### of completed STFs or Exp points or whatever without actually improving a jot as players.

Last edited by skhc; 06-25-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 790
# 3
06-29-2012, 07:30 PM
the trick is you need to run fast up to them kill the borg
the problem is the imer on the crew is mad fast and if a sniper starts shooting in that room well timer starts

the only way you get it is with a team that set up for it and knows it I have almost gotten itI got to the lastone almost had it but had bug failed




get a shot gun
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 194
# 4
06-29-2012, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean2448 View Post
get a shot gun
This might be the only worthwhile piece of advise sean has ever posted.

For Infected though, you also need long range weapons for dealing with the pulls before you shotgun the workers to smithereens.
Having trouble with ground STFs? Looking for help?

Join the STFHelp channel
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 120
# 5
07-02-2012, 10:54 AM
The trick to Infected Ground Elite is not to trigger the assimilation ahead of time. There are floor trigger points that start the assimilation. Pets can cross the trigger line without starting the assimilation but any player that crosses it will start it.

The method is to stop before the trigger point and use a range weapon to draw the borg to you and kill them that way. Avoid weapons with knockback at this stage. The trigger points can be found on this map:
Map (Click Here)

You can also watch this video by the Russian Fleet (I am not affiliate with them) to see how to run Infected Ground:
Youtube (Click Here)

You should study the map and the video. If anyone in your team crosses the trigger line early, you will probably fail the optional. If you follow this method and still run out of time then increase your pace by having someone start the next room (Science Medic is great for this role) while the other members still mop up the current room. Keeping those barrels hot and glowing is important. Don't forget to continuously be buffing an debuffing.

Good Luck!

The first reply by skhc to the OP already covered this method:
Quote:
Originally Posted by skhc View Post
Infected is the hardest optional to get, but it is not "next to impossible" for an experienced team. The most common reason I see for failing it is being too slow pulling drones out in the first four rooms and killing them without crossing the trigger lines. Two best ways to deal with that, imo:
- Do not use any knockback (ie. sniper secondary) on targets that are more than 15m away when your doing the pulling. You'll just keep knocking them out of range slowing it down.
- If the pull is still taking too long, then you should only pull & kill one of the two mobs and rush the room and fight the other mob in there (2 go for the workers, 3 aggro the mob) to speed the process up.

Last edited by pug02; 07-02-2012 at 10:58 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 790
# 6
07-04-2012, 06:26 PM
I think current infected optional on ground need to be redone it is to hard for newbie team


however it is doable with veteran team
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 433
# 7
07-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean2448 View Post
I think current infected optional on ground need to be redone it is to hard for newbie team


however it is doable with veteran team
Hmm, I would suggest that peeps that have issues with this run, get with a fleet that has people who can teach you how to. Many of great fleet have teams of members who can show you the ways of the "Farce" It's not really all that hard once you get 4 other members geared up pretty good and know how to play the game. It's not rocket science.

There is a reason some of these STF's are a bit hard. It's called a challenge. If you cannot do the run on "Elite" and you have 10 gear. Then , I would tell you to grind out ground normals for a while with people who can lead you.

Next,we'll see a complaing thread on Normal Infected ground is too hard. Gozer, please make an easyier one . I can see it.. There is Elite, Normal and now and Noob run setting. Noob run would be where the Borg are - 20 and walk around in circles. You can kill them with a rocks and paper cuts.

I'll bet you could do that run in 10 minutes and complete the optional. Here is your accolade and title "Noob King" for completion. And your reward would be a tribble giving you XP and cookies. (Sorry, I had to. Not poking or trolling at anyone)

The Topic of REP system. Hmmm, why do we need it. For noobs to STF's..Nah. If it ant broken, dont fix it. They dont need another thing to add cause of a few,"Its hard to get the optional" comments. Good idea. But not needed.

Sorry for the rant.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 321
# 8
07-05-2012, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean2448 View Post
I think current infected optional on ground need to be redone it is to hard for newbie team
What's the challenge and accomplishment in something you can do easily without much practice?

Last edited by skhc; 07-05-2012 at 05:01 AM.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 399
# 9
07-05-2012, 06:11 AM
For a very good example of how well playerdriven ratingsystems work, just look at the foundry (or one of the other 1.523 billion other examples on the net) ...
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,289
# 10
07-05-2012, 08:38 AM
I think is simpler solution is to just require a certain accolade before unlocking Elite ground STF. They should require you at least have a Mk X or Mk XI ground set first before doing Elite.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:53 PM.