Lt. Commander
# 21
07-02-2012, 02:33 PM
One more fed carrier wouldnt be so bad tbh I would like to see what they came up with.
I like ships what else can I say and hope they devote at least a hundred people to there development so they could crank out a new one every month
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
07-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cusashorn View Post
Yes, the developers took *SOME* influence from the extended universe novels. Very specifically from Star Trek: Titan.

Other than two vessels and a handful of repeatable-quest giving NPCs, that's really it.

That doesn't just mean that the entire extended universe is now officially canon or is officially part of this game though (which itself is not canon to Star Trek anyway.)
i never said they should bring absolutely everything in the point is , that saying such stuff isnt canon doesnt really matter very much to cryptic, since they seem to decide whats canon for this game or isnt
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Career Officer
# 23
07-02-2012, 03:44 PM
pretty sure the only reason Atrox doesnt have Sensor Analysis like other sci ships is that people complained that would make it op. not sure I can find threads since the board change but it rings a bell that it was intended to have Sensor Analysis also as well as the target subsystems common to sci ships

In Game: @Liath | STO Join Date: Jan 2012 | PWE Join Date: Feb 2009
Career Officer
# 24
07-02-2012, 03:45 PM
No more carriers.

No fleet carriers.
<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
Commander
# 25
07-02-2012, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrincy View Post
i never said they should bring absolutely everything in the point is , that saying such stuff isnt canon doesnt really matter very much to cryptic, since they seem to decide whats canon for this game or isnt
I'm not so sure about that anymore.

Recently we've been hearing more and more about how CBS is the sole decider of what gets to be put into the game. For example, turning the Akira into an actual carrier like it was originally designed to be but never shown in the series, and why they introduced a T5 Miranda but will NOT give us a T5 Constitution.
"My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
-The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
Starfleet Veteran
# 26
07-02-2012, 05:35 PM
true i suppose , although if CBS approved novel stuff , who knows what else they might
also as far as im aware , there is NO t5 miranda. the one added is the starter ship for those that discharge it
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Captain
# 27
07-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Books aren't canon.
Its not a novel. That book is a 100+ page of starship schematics and blueprints with some information on the ship class attached to it.

It is similar to this one made by fans online except it has actual blueprints and schematics.

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars...leet-Vol-1.php

Quote:

Hm. Why not just move the "hangars" section to the weapons slots, and make hangars equippable "weapons"? So you could equip 8 hangars and have no weapons, or no hangars and 8 weapons, or anything in between.
I REALLY like that idea. It'd be a wonderful fix.
Survivor of Romulus
# 28
07-03-2012, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
The caitian is the same crap as the Voquv: 3 guns on each side plus 2 hangars. Its BOFF layout is a bit better. Its still a ship with a lot of firepower plus 2 hangars.

And sorry, there is no 'ai limitation' for deployed craft. NPC carriers routinely deploy more than 14~ ships at a time (aka assimilated carrier can deploy 6 birds of prey, 10 or so assimilated fighters AND repair drones at once).
Have you considered not running max power to weapons and running it to Aux it should lower the fire power more than removing weapons would.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Empire Veteran
# 29
07-03-2012, 01:23 AM
while you're asking for one more carrier for federation, why don't you go ahead and ask for sword of kahless for federation?
Commander
# 30
07-03-2012, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notapwefan View Post
while you're asking for one more carrier for federation, why don't you go ahead and ask for sword of kahless for federation?
What? No, really. What? This makes no sense. What are you talking about?
"My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
-The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition