Commander
# 21
07-03-2012, 06:36 PM
Here's what I'm looking for in a fleet. I want to join a casual fleet, but they have to be large enough to be socially active.

However, I don't have a mic, so mandatory use of Teamspeak or Vent or any other verbal communication is a no go.
They also must be an English speaking fleet, and their fleet name needs to be creative. Not "147th Starfleet Elite Tactical Defense Squad" or any other military-themed names. That's what I'm looking for. I know that's being really picky, but I know there's someone out there who fits all those qualifications.
"My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
-The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
07-03-2012, 06:45 PM
I still like "Doesn't play well with others".
Captain
# 23
07-03-2012, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaglestani View Post
Its cute at first, but then realize you're walking around everywhere in the game with that floating over your head all the time. Its like names that are cute when a kid is 3, but really suck to have at 15.
Career Officer
# 24
07-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaglestani View Post
DPWWO

/10chars

Join date: Jan 2010 - Original Forum Name: Rules.Of.Acquisition
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
07-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deyvad View Post
You have more to gain from joining a fleet than you risk losing.
Worst case scenario you can always quit the fleet.
Such as:
  • Drama
  • Politics
  • Backstabbing
  • Stuff vanishing from the fleet bank

Yup. Definitely more to gain.
--

Coffee, chocolate, bacon, and phasers. What more do I need?
Empire Veteran
# 26
07-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Quote:
The Contribute button for projects is now disabled if a player doesn?t have contribution permissions.
Fleet were just turned into dictatorships/bureaucracy on tribble now. What a great news...
Career Officer
# 27
07-04-2012, 05:25 PM
*shameless promotion begins* The "Knights That Say Ni" is Always recruiting, casual, social, helpful to each other players, who can take a good joke or ribbing and give it back. We do casual Play, RP, Hang out at the Awesome Subspace-Radio Parties. STF run etc. My command chain is very loose and we are working on how to figure out crafting the new ships when they release, To my knowledge not everyone can craft them at once. The starbase has to craft them one at a time (unless it changed) All i ask is you help each other if you need it, otherwise have a bloody good time! I just have one simple Rule, don't go bashing on members due to race, religon, sexual preferance and all the other typical hateful things. Unless done in a playful and not hatemongering way! We're all here to have fun! *shameless promotion Ends*

Oh you must bring a neat, but not so neat shrubbery!
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Career Officer
# 28
07-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Public fleet controled by Cryptic! Perfect idea, they could even call them STARFLEET, and the Klingon Deep Space fleet!
Wish I could think of something wise and cool, and all That!
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
07-04-2012, 05:57 PM
For those that want to have a 1 person fleet, the question has been, how do I get enough Marks for the projects. The problem is that the Fleet event requires a team of players.

However, the new "Officer on the Watch" daily is on Tribble and grants 5 Marks (the task was to check some lockers, count the equipment, and enter the qty on another console). Using 5 character alts you could save 25 per day for projects. A project that requires 300 Marks would take 2 weeks to save up enough marks.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Career Officer
# 30
07-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr View Post
For those that want to have a 1 person fleet, the question has been, how do I get enough Marks for the projects. The problem is that the Fleet event requires a team of players.

However, the new "Officer on the Watch" daily is on Tribble and grants 5 Marks (the task was to check some lockers, count the equipment, and enter the qty on another console). Using 5 character alts you could save 25 per day for projects. A project that requires 300 Marks would take 2 weeks to save up enough marks.
There are also the new fleet themed missions/events that pop up in the public PVE queue. Most of them only require you to be in an fleet of some kind (at least one of them doesn't even require fleet membership).

edit for Cryptic quote from Tribble thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
Solo players can earn fleet marks in a variety of ways. If you are referring to solo and by yourself the only current way planned is to run a starbase daily. These have not been released yet but it will be a fast way for a single player to earn a small amount of Fleet Marks. I'm not sure if the conversion system made it in before Heretic left, but I knew it was in discussion.

Now, as a solo player you can join any queue and play the fleet content with a random team to earn fleet marks as well, though I don't know if that's what youre after. This way is just as viable as playing only with fleeties.

Last edited by sparhawk; 07-04-2012 at 06:47 PM.