Career Officer
One thing that stands out to me about the "First Contact Day" Phoenix pets is that they use a standard hull skin. That results in red buzzard collectors.

I'd like to see this brought up to speed with the proper gold buzzard collectors.

And maybe the way to warrant doing that would be a Cochrane-inspired gear set with a hull pattern that supplies the gold buzzard collectors. I think this could even be cross faction as he sortof "transcended" Federation membership by the end. Archetypally, he was more like the hermit who left his nation behind for life in the stars. Heck, he apparently spent out his days (rumored to have died around the Borg attack circa First Contact) with an energy cloud lover.

I'll add: James Cromwell is a big fan and has been known to do appearances cheap (he took an uncredited role in Enterprise and let them reuse footage and use a body double for the Mirror episode). Somebody like Brent Spiner might (rightfully) want compensation for his likeness but I bet Cromwell would sign off on a Cochrane statue for STO (heck, he signed off on the Decipher cardgame photoshopping him into statue) and maybe a Cochrane hologram or appearance of some kind.

I think it would be awesome if we could meet Cochrane and he helped us design a gear set. I bet Cromwell would even cut a major deal if anyone from Cryptic saw him at a convention and had a recording booth booked across town.
Commander
# 2
07-01-2012, 06:48 PM
There's no way that Zephram Cochrane would still be alive at our time. I know there was that one TOS episode where the crew sort of meets him, but even that was over 140 years ago.
"My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
-The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
Career Officer
# 3
07-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cusashorn View Post
There's no way that Zephram Cochrane would still be alive at our time. I know there was that one TOS episode where the crew sort of meets him, but even that was over 140 years ago.
So? This is Star Trek.

I mentioned that soft canon sources had him die circa the Borg invasion in First Contact. (He had immortality that reverted him back to his 20s but gave it up in TOS era.)

Doesn't rule out time travel, holograms, an alien who downloaded his memory and personality.

Heck, I got one for ya! Let's say the Undine started replicating historical figures to better understand us (hello, neo-Space Lincoln!) and they had one of their own become Cochrane, using data from transporter logs and scanners.

But there was a problem. The Undine who became the historical figures had to commit to the role. And Cochrane's Undine double was so overcome by the epiphany of First Contact that he defected. They had him locked up for observation but like Daedalus (or Iron Man) he tricked them into supplying him with parts for a warp ship he used to escape.

Undine Cochrane is hiding out on a base somewhere and willing to share his knowledge, both of general warp design and Undine systems.
Commander
# 4
07-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
So? This is Star Trek.
I think from now on this ends all arguments around here.
Career Officer
# 5
07-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
So? This is Star Trek Online.
Corrected that for ya 8P
The Account formally known as Rayvenwing
Actual Join Date : Feb 2010

Career Officer
# 6
07-01-2012, 08:54 PM
To be honest, if Cryptic decided to add Zephram Cochrane in STO, the only way I would like to see him is a Historical Hologram or seen via the Monument in Montana.

Then Cryptic would have to do something about Cromwell's likeness rights, which isn't likely to happen.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captrayvenwing View Post
Corrected that for ya 8P
Doesn't change it mush,hell it make work better.Not that I think you were trying to discrete him.
Career Officer
# 8
07-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenhawk View Post
Doesn't change it mush,hell it make work better.Not that I think you were trying to discrete him.
Im not totally sure what you where saying but...

the point is that this is almost anything but Star Trek. I was not trying to discredit him if that was what you where saying.

I was making the statement that calling anything in here Star Trek is like calling a free for all rugby match the Olympics
The Account formally known as Rayvenwing
Actual Join Date : Feb 2010

Career Officer
# 9
07-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Bussard. Pronounced like Picard. No buzzards in space. Unless that is a new Romulan BoP class?
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Admiral Quinn was never over ALL of Starfleet << Link
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Career Officer
# 10
07-01-2012, 10:41 PM
I always heard it pronounced "BOO-sard".. but then I also heard "NAY-sells". I got used to "nuh-sells" after a few years, though.
Username: PodSix
Fleet: None