Ensign
# 1 A small suggestion
07-02-2012, 07:27 AM
Just a small suggestion, would it be possible, for the people in STO to be able to make it possible to link the music player, to the ship.

For example, if you have say, your iTunes account link to STO, so you can play your music through the game, to be able to also play it to anyone on your ship.

So if you have people visiting your ship, they can hear what you're listening to as well.

Just a minor thing, I just thought it would be fun for when people meet up and friends' ships.

I probably didn't explain it very well, if you're confused just say and I'll try again.
Captain
# 2
07-02-2012, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by haquat View Post
Just a small suggestion, would it be possible, for the people in STO to be able to make it possible to link the music player, to the ship.

For example, if you have say, your iTunes account link to STO, so you can play your music through the game, to be able to also play it to anyone on your ship.

So if you have people visiting your ship, they can hear what you're listening to as well.

Just a minor thing, I just thought it would be fun for when people meet up and friends' ships.

I probably didn't explain it very well, if you're confused just say and I'll try again.
I get what you're about -- people throwing DJ parties and stuff aboard their ships. I have nothing against it, but I'm not sure it would ever be implemented thanks to RIAA.
# 3
07-02-2012, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezle23 View Post
I get what you're about -- people throwing DJ parties and stuff aboard their ships. I have nothing against it, but I'm not sure it would ever be implemented thanks to RIAA.
What's RIAA???
Captain
# 4
07-02-2012, 08:24 AM
Quote:
What's RIAA???
Rather nasty record industry types that really, really like to sic lawyers on people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recordi...ion_of_America
# 5
07-02-2012, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezle23 View Post
Rather nasty record industry types that really, really like to sic lawyers on people.
Oh those types.

But technically, STO wouldn't be stealing the music. People are simply playing their own music through the program. That'd be like Rihanna trying to sue Windows Media Player

As much as I would LOVE to see that court case, I don't think it'd happen.
Lieutenant
# 6
07-02-2012, 08:46 AM
Dude, keep in mind...that according to the RIAA you owe royalty fees to them if you are playing music and others can hear it. They just don't have a way to collect it.

While your idea is a cool one, PWE/Cryp would have to pay a massive amount of money to have an open music license like stadiums/convention centers have. Blame the lawyers.
Captain
# 7
07-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Oh those types.

But technically, STO wouldn't be stealing the music.
STO would be providing a "music sharing service." I don't think they're willing to open that can of worms. Especially since the worms are carrying briefcases and wearing pinstripes.
# 8 ship parties happen
07-02-2012, 02:26 PM
Perhaps you should take a gander at SSR.
_______
equal parts cynical and helpful