Banned
# 1 Salvage kits?
07-03-2012, 09:52 AM
Another game I play allows you to purchase salvage kits which can be used to break down certain looted items into resources. It would be great to have something like this for STO
Republic Veteran
# 2
07-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3gr4ndnagu5 View Post
Another game I play allows you to purchase salvage kits which can be used to break down certain looted items into resources. It would be great to have something like this for STO
I was thinking something similar. In my idea, we could go to the engineering lab on our ship to break down the item. They could even give a probability rate for either success (acquire all resouces used to make the item) partial success (some resources plus common version of item recovered) and failure (item lost with no resources recovered). Could be Doff assignment but, I would prefer my captain complete the task.

Last edited by scififan78; 07-03-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Commander
# 3
07-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
I would prefer hands on myself.
Must ... resist ... not ....

Ya, would like such a system too.
Republic Veteran
# 4
07-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoroon View Post
Must ... resist ... not ....

Ya, would like such a system too.
And the Borg says resistance is futile. You are too kind.
Career Officer
# 5
07-03-2012, 11:03 AM
People suggested for a long time that there be more drops that could be used for crafting, and those kits would go along nicely.

Unfortunately, the crafting in this game is garbage again due to that Dilithium cost and everything that is crafted can be found on the exchange for cheap.
Republic Veteran
# 6
07-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
People suggested for a long time that there be more drops that could be used for crafting, and those kits would go along nicely.

Unfortunately, the crafting in this game is garbage again due to that Dilithium cost and everything that is crafted can be found on the exchange for cheap.
I agree. Dilithium should never have been added to crafting. Especially since there are loot drops and mission rewards that out performs the crafted items.
Career Officer
# 7
07-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
I agree. Dilithium should never have been added to crafting. Especially since there are loot drops and mission rewards that out performs the crafted items.
Yeah, with Fleets having access to Fleet Mk12 space and ground gear, crafting is now rendered useless.