Empire Veteran
# 1 Steam Wallet Info
06-20-2012, 07:48 AM
For those of you who miss the good old C-Points or dislike the option to only buy Zen now....

If your a Steam user (steam account = free), while in game in STO you can click by C-Points and use the Steam Wallet to top up your balance without messing about with Zen.

you can use the Steam Wallet to buy;

500, 1000, 1500, 2000 and 2500 C-Points per transaction.

HOWEVER !!!!

You will miss out on promo Zen sales if you choose to never use that method of topping up your C-Store balance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-20-2012, 07:53 AM
But your billing information doesn't get stolen!
Empire Veteran
# 3
06-20-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthymcthief View Post
But your billing information doesn't get stolen!
It does not matter where any digital information about you is stored, it is always at risk. Even Cryptic and PWE computer systems are at risk, as any computer connected to the information super highway is.

If you want your personal information to be perfectly safe, disconnect your PC from the internet and shred all your personal documents, close any bank accounts and never tell anyone your name, address or date of birth :tongue:

Even the good old snail mail has proven to be unsafe in the past with mail fraud :tongue:

All I'm doing here is showing there is another method of buying C-Store points for those who do not want to mess about with Zen.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-20-2012, 08:48 AM
Yes, and I applaud you for that. Everybody should be using Steam Wallet because it's a really great no hassle system.

I admit I'm a bit of a Steam fanboy though and I actually meant to say with Steam it's less likely to have your info stolen or receive any spam mail from a company you never actually signed up with like after PWE bought Cryptic and started sending me some mails.
Empire Veteran
# 5
06-20-2012, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthymcthief View Post
I admit I'm a bit of a Steam fanboy.
LOL, I'm not the only one :biggrin:

I know a few people will read this thread and dislike my suggestion to play through Steam, but at the end of the day it does make it easier to buy things in game and removes the whole converting Zen step from the process.

Also, I did the install in a bit of a cheeky way, I started the STO download in Steam, left it a few minutes and then paused it, dragged my STO install from the Cryptic folder over to the Steam install folder and let it install/verify the install (it did download a few files because of the Steam overlay function) - once it was all up and running i deleted the Cryptic install locations and done - less than 30 minutes work :wink:
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-20-2012, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockey1979 View Post

I know a few people will read this thread and dislike my suggestion to play through Steam, but at the end of the day it does make it easier to buy things in game and removes the whole converting Zen step from the process.

Also, I did the install in a bit of a cheeky way, I started the STO download in Steam, left it a few minutes and then paused it, dragged my STO install from the Cryptic folder over to the Steam install folder and let it install/verify the install (it did download a few files because of the Steam overlay function) - once it was all up and running i deleted the Cryptic install locations and done - less than 30 minutes work :wink:
I am sooo glad you said that, if i were to DL it through steam, it would take me days due to my cruddy connection, this will save me hours ta very much!
Captain
# 7
06-20-2012, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the heads up

I am a steam fanboy too I do believe that I'm done buying c-store points though. One day things might change haha.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-20-2012, 09:02 AM
Quote:

Ahhh, that might be why it won't work for me, I just "linked" the game into Steam, I didn't install it via the Steam Client. When I click the "Buy CPoints" option ingame it still takes me straight to the PWE Zen page.

Come to think of it, will it work at all if I've already linked the Cryptic and PWE accounts together?
--------------
We are PWE. Your forums and game accounts will be added to our own. Your community will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Empire Veteran
# 9
06-20-2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sosolidshoe View Post
Ahhh, that might be why it won't work for me, I just "linked" the game into Steam, I didn't install it via the Steam Client. When I click the "Buy CPoints" option ingame it still takes me straight to the PWE Zen page.

Come to think of it, will it work at all if I've already linked the Cryptic and PWE accounts together?
Yes, you can still buy C-Points directly using the Steam Wallet in game if your account is linked.

I linked my account on the first day you could, then thought to check if I could still use my payment method.. what a sigh I let out when it still worked lol

And yes, it has to be a Steam install of the game not a non-steam game link. On the plus you get your full Steam overlay if you use like using it

Last edited by jockey1979; 06-20-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Commander
# 10
07-03-2012, 08:39 AM
Quote:
For those of you who miss the good old C-Points or dislike the option to only buy Zen now....

If your a Steam user (steam account = free), while in game in STO you can click by C-Points and use the Steam Wallet to top up your balance without messing about with Zen.

you can use the Steam Wallet to buy;

500, 1000, 1500, 2000 and 2500 C-Points per transaction.

HOWEVER !!!!

You will miss out on promo Zen sales if you choose to never use that method of topping up your C-Store balance.
Is there any other downside to this? Cause from what i understand when Season Six comes the C-store doesnt look like it will be called the C-Store anymore but the ZEN store instead.