Rihannsu
So I just posted a spammer on TTS and a minute later I got silenced. Here is what I posted

The spammer /Telled me about his offer. I copied the tell on TTS and a minute later I am silenced for 24 hours. what the ****?
Career Officer
# 2
07-03-2012, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbmoney View Post
So I just posted a spammer on TTS and a minute later I got silenced. Here is what I posted

The spammer /Telled me about his offer. I copied the tell on TTS and a minute later I am silenced for 24 hours. what the ****?
If you copied the exact text that the spammer posted, it could be that someone thought that it was you posting the spam
Rihannsu
# 3
07-03-2012, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
If you copied the exact text that the spammer posted, it could be that someone thought that it was you posting the spam
I posted the spammers name and @handle with the text. is someone so blind?
Career Officer
# 4
07-03-2012, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Well, not saying that what happened was necessarily right, but it is against rules to 'broadcast' another player's username, especially in a negative light.

You need to submit a ticket to resolve the issue.
Banned
# 5
07-03-2012, 07:05 AM
In my personal experience, anyone who comes to the forums and posts a thread after being silenced in game almost always deserved it.
Republic Veteran
# 6
07-03-2012, 07:20 AM
I wouldn't say someone deserved it, but it is a waste of time to complain about it. It'd take longer for the GMs to investigate your complaint than it would take for the silencing to expire.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Career Officer
# 7
07-03-2012, 07:54 AM
Keep in mind that while your intent was to out the spammer, what people saw was advertising for an RMT site. If i wanted to be a clever RMTer who wanted to run the risk of advertising in zone chat i'd do it the way you did, placing a random passer-by's nick in it in the hope that i wouldn't be the one getting silenced while being able to advertise.

I'd say it's best to simply ask if anyone else is getting RMT tells from this person then if a few people confirm it in zone that person is likely to get silenced rather than you.
Joined August 2008
Rihannsu
# 8
07-03-2012, 08:07 AM
im somewhat at a loss as to why you would recopy spam for everyone to see in the first place? you're just doing his job for him.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 9
07-03-2012, 08:22 AM
So a spammer was annoying people somewhere else, and instead of hitting report spam, you copied the spam to share it with people that he had not gotten his message to....

If you had just hit report spam along with a few others he probably sent the /tell to he would have been silenced, not you...

Dec/2008

Last edited by capnbludd; 07-03-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Lieutenant
# 10
07-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Um...yes!

On a sidenote, why is this buried in the PC & Tech Issues forum?