Career Officer
# 11
07-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbmoney View Post
So I just posted a spammer on TTS and a minute later I got silenced. Here is what I posted

The spammer /Telled me about his offer. I copied the tell on TTS and a minute later I am silenced for 24 hours. what the ****?

Actually, it sounds like you got silenced for a good reason. If you didn't enjoy getting that tell, imagine how much everyone in that channel enjoyed your rebroadcast of it. Next time just report the offender, that way they get silenced, and they're added to your ignore list, where you'll never hear from them again.
Captain
# 12
07-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbmoney View Post
I posted the spammers name and @handle with the text. is someone so blind?
I'm not so blind that I can't see the WWW.BUYGAMEGOLDNOWANDBETEHPWNZROFNOOBS (or whatever) right away and automatically click "ignore user." I don't really care *who* is posting the link in chat.

Next time, either just click "report spam" or if you feel especially compelled to make public debate over it ask in chat "Is anyone else getting spam tells from @handle?"

Repeating the spam is just . . . not very brilliant.
# 13
07-03-2012, 08:43 PM
I was just looking for the report button because I saw spam in that post...lucky for you we don't have one yet.

Dec/2008
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
07-03-2012, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
im somewhat at a loss as to why you would recopy spam for everyone to see in the first place? you're just doing his job for him.
Exactly what I was going to say. Just ignore and move on is my suggestion.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Captain
# 15
07-04-2012, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr View Post
Exactly what I was going to say. Just ignore and move on is my suggestion.
Only real way to report them is via a support ticket anyway. Jumping through hoops just isn;t worth the time it takes.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Commander
# 16
07-14-2012, 08:25 AM
I just got a 24h chat ban, including fleet chat and all chat. Well, a total chat ban.

I did the same as captainbmoney, I posted what someone messaged me on the channel Doffjobs including name@handle:
" you're a total f*** ****** and failure, end of story, and it wasn't wc."

Someone wasn't able to get an invite to my bridge. That's what you get for doing people a favor?