Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Starfleet Veteran
My attempts to bring attention to the powers non-activation issue here and here have yielded exactly ZERO dev response. The game is not fun when you have to click powers two and three times to get them to activate, or you look down to figure out why your friend exploded only to find that the heal you clicked didn't activate.

Even the stupid "Jam communication" button in the KDF Pi Canis missions sometimes doesn't work on the first click.

I'm sick of it!!!

Negative threads are sometimes the only things that seem to get attention around here. I've been always been positive before but I'm human and I've reached my limit.

Acknowldge this flaw and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!

**Update**

Brandon (PWE_Branflakes) tweeted me that this has been sent to QA. Thanks Brandon and sorry about the frustration.

To anyone else experiencing this issue -- please post here and make yourself known so we can get this fixed.

-Forjo
Join Date: Aug 2008 -------------------- My oldest post (that I can find)
Location: Houston, TX ------------------ Former Cryptic User #11424

Stop the easily abused and unfair auto-silence "feature"!

Last edited by forjoatinxan; 07-03-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
07-03-2012, 11:02 AM
never happened to me!
Career Officer
# 3
07-03-2012, 11:03 AM

[SIZE="7"]WOW[/SIZE]

<chcukle>
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Republic Veteran
# 4
07-03-2012, 11:04 AM
Go here and run the tests included. Failure for something to fire is generally a lag issue. And as the above person stated, this is not something seen by everyone.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
07-03-2012, 11:11 AM
I have no lag or rubberbanding. My latency is less than 70ms, and the Comcast junction is in my back yard so I get 30MBit down and 6MBit up consistantly on my Comcast Business Service (even though I only pay for 20Mbit).

I'm an IT consultant and know a little bit about networks, by the way.

This problem started after a patch, was fixed a year or so again, and came back. It was acknowledged back then in one of the threads I linked, but has never been acknowledged since it came back.

It DOES affect others and they said as much in the other threads.

Dismissing this will only allow it to continue.

We need proper command queuing like other MMOs. I never have this problem in LotRO, Diablo (when there aren't server issues) or Guild Wars.

-Forjo

Republic Veteran
# 6
07-03-2012, 11:16 AM
Ok, go here and run the tests included so that the devs have more information to work with besides "It's broken." If it is not a widespread issue then is has to be something else. Doing the tests will help them localize it.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Commander
# 7
07-03-2012, 11:16 AM
I understand what you mean, had the same problems once in a while (and no, they are not networkrelated).

I switched from "partclickey" to full hotkeys, which helped a lot... but I get regularly annoyed by the queues (pushing buttons to fast which means jumping skills).
Banned
# 8
07-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Last edited by pwebranflakes; Today at 10:10 AM.
LOL!

/10char
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
07-03-2012, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3gr4ndnagu5 View Post
LOL!

/10char
Yes. Insult to injury. They see, but they do not respond. He edited the post to reduce the font size and moved the thread to the bugs forum.

Let's hope he also brings it to the attention of the correct person.

Sadly, putting it here effectively buries it with respect to other users reporting the same issue.

**UPDATE**

I retract the complaint above. Brandon responded to the tweet I sent requesting that this be looked at and stated that he would forward the report to QA for testing.

I hope they are able to replicate it or ask for more information if they cannot.

I stand ready...

-Forjo

Last edited by forjoatinxan; 07-03-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
08-08-2012, 04:26 PM
I have this happen all the time. I do experience quite a bit of lag and rubber-banding at times, so believe it or not I can tell the difference between a lag issue and this issue.

I have seen it the most in Nukara Prime, any of the easy or medium difficulty missions. And - it appears to me to also be related to firing weapons. I have to stop firing at least two seconds before hitting the power at least twice. This is regardless of whether it's by mouse click or keybind. If you're trying to also heal someone, this is insane - and almost guaranteed you and the other person are going to die.

I've tried just activating sci team or a hypo when six or eight nasty spiders surround me, and in order to do it, I'll drop from 80% health to dead in the time it takes me to not fire, and hit the key two or three times.

Also, a bit related, if you return fire by keybind to a Tholian who runs away, under a bridge or something, and another one fires on you, you have to either tab or manually click on the current attacker. It will not target the attacker. I get it now, but it caused a lot of problems as I was hitting keys that wouldn't activate at all, not realizing that the target was out of line of sight.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.