Lieutenant
# 1 Wolf 359, fan overview.
07-03-2012, 11:34 AM
I created this map/overview of the Battle of Wolf 359. I tried my best to make it look like how it was depict it as best I could using the information I had. The only ships that are technically cannon correct are the Melbourne, Saratoga, Bellerophon, and the Yamaguchi; the rest of the ships are where I believed they logically would go. Also not every ship was named in the battle so there are at most a dozen ships with names I came up with. Feedback would be really nice.

http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/u...05/WOLF359.png
Lieutenant
# 2
07-03-2012, 03:37 PM
Can we make a neater version?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet. Straan@captainowen1. USS Potemkin
NX-978532-A. Tra-Lan in the VKF. "the green dude"

I survived the forum massacre of 2012! Join date: Feb 2012
Career Officer
# 3
07-03-2012, 04:10 PM
Interesting. Its a little messy, but it reminds me of the type of 2d pencil adventures I'd draw when I was very young and in a boring class at school. If I was drawing a battle, then by the time all was said and done, the page would be illegible to everyone but myself.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Ensign
# 4
07-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
Interesting. Its a little messy, but it reminds me of the type of 2d pencil adventures I'd draw when I was very young and in a boring class at school. If I was drawing a battle, then by the time all was said and done, the page would be illegible to everyone but myself.
I used to do that too, but I used an eraser.

I remember being fascinated with how the Death Star looked in Star Wars VI so when I'd have my imaginary space battles, I would draw the ships and stations being damaged and repaired in such a fashion (much like the devs with this whole fleet starbase thing). I had actually liked Star Trek more at that time (in elementary), but my ship, fighter, etc designs were quite a mix of inspirations. I had also used the back of the page to blindly draw out ticks and count them in a way of randomizing battles (so every action had a 50/50 chance, good/bad), for lack of dice. Was a fun way to exercise my imagination (and get through boring classes).

Last edited by demon971e; 07-03-2012 at 09:14 PM.