Captain
# 11
07-04-2012, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talzerotwo View Post
fix: dont fly with ams equipped. I dislike the stuff myself so dont bother having it on me
Can you pass that on to the rest of your fleet please as they were chaining ams in the match I was in as a pug. They still lost thankfully.
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Ensign
# 12
07-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
Can you pass that on to the rest of your fleet please as they were chaining ams in the match I was in as a pug. They still lost thankfully.
come on now Naz they only had 5 of them.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Here is what I have found:

Whether the saucer (Gal-R or Odyssey) uses AMS depends on whether the player had the AMS console equipped when he launched the saucer. There is a problem though that can lead to unwanted AMS and it is rooted in different saucer behaviour between Gal-R and Odyssey.

When the ship is separated, the Gal-R respawns the saucer everytime the player equips or unequips the AMS console. This means that the saucer matches (with a couple of seconds delay) the AMS status (equipped/ unequipped) of the player. Interesting side effect: You can use this saucer respawn to revive a dead saucer section without having to deal with saucer sep cooldowns.

When the Odyssey is separated, (un)equipping the AMS console does not respawn the saucer. The saucer stays and retains the AMS status of the player at the time of launch. This means that launching the saucer while having AMS equipped and then unequipping the console does not remove the AMS ability from the saucer section, it will keep AMSing as long as it is alive.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-04-2012, 01:06 PM
Seriously pets with pay2win consoles whats next CRYPTIC?!!!!!!!!
Noone.
Banned
# 15
07-04-2012, 01:08 PM
So I take it the MVAM pets don't do this.

It just happens to be something that only works with cruisers?

Why am I not surprised.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-04-2012, 01:11 PM
I tried it, but I did not see the MVAM pets use AMS.
Career Officer
# 17
07-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorandra View Post
Seriously pets with pay2win consoles whats next CRYPTIC?!!!!!!!!
Galaxy ReRetrofit - Carrier Variant. Comes with 2 Hangar Bays and Saucer Seperation. Saucer has its own hangar bay (It'S canon!!!!) launching Danube Runabouts.
Fleet Starbases may also introduce a new pet - Advanced Multi-Vector Tactical Assault Shuttle. Launch 2 AMVTAS per launch, maximum 2 waves. The AMVTAS either run ablative armor or split into 3 parts, one with energy draining tractor beam, one with a self replicating chroniton mine layer, and one with a phaser lance. Will also go to ramming speed if below 50 % hit points, but when successfully hitting their target, boarding parties arrive on your chip.
When boarding party expires, 3 random shuttle craft appropriate for your faction will launch from your ship and return to the Galaxy-ReRetrofit while firing at their source ship. When they make it to you, you gain a Sensor Analysis like buff against the source ship and all hangar bay cooldowns are reduced by 25 %.
Career Officer
# 18
07-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustrumridcully0 View Post
Galaxy ReRetrofit - Carrier Variant. Comes with 2 Hangar Bays and Saucer Seperation. Saucer has its own hangar bay (It'S canon!!!!) launching Danube Runabouts.
Fleet Starbases may also introduce a new pet - Advanced Multi-Vector Tactical Assault Shuttle. Launch 2 AMVTAS per launch, maximum 2 waves. The AMVTAS either run ablative armor or split into 3 parts, one with energy draining tractor beam, one with a self replicating chroniton mine layer, and one with a phaser lance. Will also go to ramming speed if below 50 % hit points, but when successfully hitting their target, boarding parties arrive on your chip.
When boarding party expires, 3 random shuttle craft appropriate for your faction will launch from your ship and return to the Galaxy-ReRetrofit while firing at their source ship. When they make it to you, you gain a Sensor Analysis like buff against the source ship and all hangar bay cooldowns are reduced by 25 %.
full of win.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Not buying unless they spawn aceton assimilators.
Noone.
Career Officer
# 20
07-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post

Tell them yourself bro, I'm not their (generalization) mom and I'm not your messenger boy
<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE

Last edited by talzerotwo; 07-04-2012 at 01:44 PM.