Lt. Commander
This is the thread for all feedback for the Power Plant section of the Defera Borg invasion map.

Discussion points:
  • How clear are the objectives here?
  • Does the setup make sense?
  • General mission bugs.
  • General art bugs.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Revised:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
  • How clear are the objectives here?
If you get the mission from the NPC, then the objectives are clear.

Quote:
  • Does the setup make sense?
Not really.

Quote:
  • General mission bugs.
HARD Mode: Kept saying "Need 3 people" but we were 4 people in the group and all unlocked HARD.

Quote:
  • General art bugs.
So far none detected.

Personal Note:

Easy Modes: Easy

Moderate Mode: Easy to rescue the Deferi, enough you can solo. But doing the Alcoves was nothing but SPAM.

I forcabily joined a group (joined team uninvited, which I feel is wrong but was a necessity due to the Event), and we just sat there killing hundreds of Drones. It was as if we were camping the same spot. Took us a while to realize we needed regenerative keys. (BTW, one person was needing everything and denying us greeding. This really angered me).

Doesn't make sense to have keys be a drop and you being in a group, you should figure out another method that doesn't require Drops.

HARD Mode: Attempted, ran into a bug where we couldn't initiate the event. Tried even the STF approach with 3 consoles at the same time or 3 seperate consoles at the same time. Nothing worked and we gave up.

Conculusion: Less Spam, more functionality.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-10-2011, 06:00 PM
when event is inactive and you beam to power plant, you are able to enter the building, but after some seconds you will be beamed out, it should be closed...
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-10-2011, 07:28 PM
How clear are the objectives here?
No issues

Does the setup make sense?
No issues. Easy missions are very easy, but that is ok.

General mission bugs.
Didn't notice any.

General art bugs.
Didn't notice any. I thought the art for this and the City was very good.

Overall, not quite as fun as the City one, because it was nice to have masses of visible players in that one, but quite good.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-10-2011, 11:58 PM
some mission directive on what we actually need to do except for grinding borg kills would be nice indeed.

P.S.

... my game crashed 4 times in a row when spilt-beaming the borg while walking forward holding down my 2 mouse buttons, to be clear that seemed to make the game client crash, & I always play like that so I'm pretty sure the problem is not on my end.

For the rest I'm loving it, just get us some more mission info to point us in the right direction & where all good.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-11-2011, 02:52 AM
Unable to do the Hard interaction to do mission but every thing else works fine with no detected texure issues. The Med alcove missions is a little confusing as to how to first obtain the keys
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-12-2011, 03:38 PM
I just finished up to hard mode here, and dont see any other comments...

So, the easy missions were simple enough to run through, not much to say here.

The medium missions, I only did the shut down borg regneration thing, didnt try the rescue defari as I was running out of time and wanted to try out the hard mission. The medium mission I did play seemed a bit annoying, lots of borg spam, and even in a team of 4, it took a while. Still enjoyable, but it did get annoying towards the end, but perhaps we just need more practice and itll get better

The hard mission, honestly, was my favorite. Multiple wave of borg, and then at the end, the plasma cannon things caught us off guad, we weren't expecting them. Had to run it a second time, and get some help as we had only 10 minutes left. Next round I give this a go, this is the first one I'm running again to get a better feel for it, but initially, I found it challenging (which is a good thing) and fun

As I said in my review of the temple, we need more content like this. Solo play + group play all in one.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-12-2011, 04:28 PM
The power plant is a good set of missions but in my opion there needs to be more mood lighting, the lighting is to bright, darken it down a few notches and it would be perfect visualy.
Ensign
# 9
09-01-2012, 09:43 PM
Is the rescue the defari mission broken? I killed all the borg in the room but nothing happened... The engineer just stood there and asked me to kill the already dead borg...