Lt. Commander
Hello, I'm SFC3. You may not know me, but if you do, I'm that guy who won a lot of awards at Friday's social event.

Now anyways, I've been lurking on the forums and seeing a lot of T5 Connie threads. I just want to make sure you know I don't want a sticking T5 Connie. We can't have a T5 Connie. That's the TOS Constitution, and T1 as well.

We can possibly get a T5 Connie REFIT. Now, before you start hating, let me tell you something. The Constitution Refit is the best ship design of the entirety of the Star Trek universe. Now, a idea of how it would work would be easy.

There would be a T5 Connie Refit in the Fleet store, as a retrofit. The retrofit wouldn't be as good as the one you could get in C-Store, or worse, it could be a lockbox. (I hope not)

The T5 Cruiser Retrofit would have the Refit skin, the Exeter skin, and the Excalibur and Vesper classes. It would have better stats to bring it on par with the Excelsior and Galaxy classes. It wouldn't be too powerful, but powerful enough for endgame VA's.

Now, the C-Store (or lockbox, but I sincerely hope not) version would be called Constitution Class Cruiser and it would include phasers like in The Wrath of Khan, something I like to call "pulse phasers":
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...Enterprise.jpg

Also, it would come with a console, "Energize Defense Grids" like in The Wrath of Khan shortly before the Enterprise got the crap beat out of her (sadly). It would add +10 percent shield bonus, and protect all crew while in combat for 5 seconds.

It would be the normal 2000 CP (or should I say ZEN? ) and be designed for VA 50.
The stats of the ship would be a little better than the Retrofit, but not too much.

Well, that brings this Connie Refit Thread to a close. I just want a Constitution class refit retrofit or something. Anything. I'm desperate.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
07-04-2012, 05:45 AM
i will counter your proposal with the traditional "no tier 5 connie" .... can we all demand something else instead... like...

Tar Monster Stf please.
Empire Veteran
# 3
07-04-2012, 06:01 AM
I want a battlestar. Let's call this a Starbattle class, for IP reasons.

If you think it's ridiculous beause it wouldn't fit in this universe, timeline, or whatever, then you'll see my point.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-04-2012, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
i will counter your proposal with the traditional "no tier 5 connie" .... can we all demand something else instead... like...

Tar Monster Stf please.
Hmm now that sounds like "a sticky situation"
Career Officer
# 5
07-04-2012, 06:53 AM
You are late to the party. Cryptic has been claiming that CBS won't allow them to make a T5 Constitution (if you call it a refit, replica or whatever doesn't matter) for ages now, in spite of older or contemporary ships (D'kyr, Excelsior, B'rel and now D7 and K't'inga) making it.
That's why a lot of people are now asking for a refit of the T2 cruiser without the Constitution skin. Unfortunately Cryptic doesn't respond to that or answers that CBS doesn't allow Constitutions at T5. What that has to do with the Excalibur and Vesper is anyone's guess.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Captain
# 6
07-04-2012, 07:00 AM
We had a social event?
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Banned
# 7
07-04-2012, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfleetfc View Post
I just want to make sure you know I don't want a sticking T5 Connie.
What you or I want doesnt matter at all. CBS said no T5 connie, so thats the end of that story. However the Excalibur and Exeter *arent* connies, and if every other T2 ship is getting a T5 fleet version there is no reason they should not either. Thats really all there is to it. And that has *nothing* to do with the T5 connie issue.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-04-2012, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3gr4ndnagu5 View Post
What you or I want doesnt matter at all. CBS said no T5 connie, so thats the end of that story. However the Excalibur and Exeter *arent* connies, and if every other T2 ship is getting a T5 fleet version there is no reason they should not either. Thats really all there is to it. And that has *nothing* to do with the T5 connie issue.
I would be happy with a T5 Exeter. It's one of my favorite STO vessels and if they could make just that, I would buy it in an instance.
Career Officer
# 9
07-04-2012, 07:44 AM
If you are going to say that CBS said "No" to a T5 Connie.. make sure you state it in the correct Context.

CBS stated that there would be no T5 TOS "Connie" as they hold exclusive rights to that ship design.

Now the TMP "Connie" is a Viacom/Paramount ship design that is share licensed with CBS from their split in 2005.. as such, CBS can not give exclusive refusal on that ship hull (or the Miranda hull)... the refusal would have to come from Viacom/Paramount.

Cryptic/PWE on the other hand has stated that there would be no upgraded TOS or TMP "Connie" or Miranda hulls while citing CBS's refusal on the TOS "Connie" hull.

Just to clear things up.

STO Forum Account Creation Date: June 9, 2008 (Perpetual Entertainment at the time)

Pestalence_XC
Proud member of Xenocorp

"Listen, and understand. That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead." - Kyle Reese, 'Terminator'

Last edited by pestalencexc; 07-04-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Banned
# 10
07-04-2012, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pestalencexc View Post
If you are going to say that CBS said "No" to a T5 Connie.. make sure you state it in the correct Context.

CBS stated that there would be no T5 TOS "Connie" as they hold exclusive rights to that ship design.
I have never seen *any* distinction made between the TOS and TMP in any Dev post or interview saying that CBS will not allow a T5 connie. If you have a link to a specific statement that makes that distinction, please share. However, as I have followed the dev posts and interviews pretty closely, IMO what you just said is a complete urban legend that someone made up.

Last edited by th3gr4ndnagu5; 07-04-2012 at 08:05 AM.
Closed Thread