If you have purchased a Legacy or Starter Pack, please see this thread for instructions on how to claim your items in-game. (Please see the yellow text in the linked thread for instructions on creating a Reman.) (Not seeing your pack in-game? Please see the lime-green text in the linked thread above for information.)
If you have additional questions about the Legacy or Starter pack, please read this FAQ.
Thanks SO MUCH for all your support, and we'll see you in-game!
- The Star Trek Online Team
"Login failed for unknown reason" error
Missing additional character slot for current/ lapsed Gold Members
Slow patching in the launcher
A bug that involved Romulan Liberated Borg captains and their skills once they chose an ally
Some characters were stuck in a loading screen with a "Server Not Responding" message
It should go
3. 6 month
4. Cryptic choice
I been waiting longer meaning i have been expecting it longer and following it longer. Which mean i am more then likely going to stay playing longer. Its called being a fan.If you was into like u say you would have been following it sooner. I mean i have been here longer then some of the red names. I think it should be auto in. Just b/c i dont like champs enough to buy lifetime are even 6 months. Its to much like a comic. I will play it but only a lil. Seniority should always rule. B/c those are the ones that are loyal. I still play CoH/CoV even though fan base is almost dead. B/c i been playing forever and i do like the game. Its not the company you are suppose to put the bank in. Its the game itself. You dont just sink all your faith in X-Box just for Halo.
Typically I would agree with you, but when money has been exchanged already for access. Seniority drops below the people that actually paid for access with their CO package.
And just how to judge seniority? C'mon, being vocal and active on forums doesn't make you more of a fan than someone who's sitting patiently and watching and reading.
Heck, I've been following STO since the first time it was announced, well before it came to Cryptic. First time I've posted here...because there's little reason to add to all the chatter.
I too have been following STO from Perpetual days...I agree that senoirity should not be viewed as mindless thread count chatter but it is...unfortunately...Today is my first time posting to the forums also. I chose to pay a a Lifetime Subscriptions because I wanted to "Guarantee Access" as a BETA TESTER since they don't go by date of signup for senority purposes
[quote=_Pax_;863409]Thank you for the perfect opening for this:
From an STO dev:
From a CO Dev:
...... AND ......
940 CMR 3.01, Definitions (small, relevant parts only, emphasis mine):
Advertisement, Advertising, Advertise. Any commercial message in any newspaper, magazine, leaflet, flyer, or catalog, on radio, television, public address system, or made in person, in direct mail literature or other printed material, or any interior or exterior sign or display, in any window display, in any point of transaction literature or price tag which is delivered or made available to a customer or prospective customer in any manner whatsoever.
Product. "Product" includes goods, whether tangible or intangible, real, personal, or mixed, services, or franchise or distribution systems of any nature whatsoever.
Warranty/Guarantee. The terms "warranty" or "guarantee" or any term connoting a warranty or guarantee as used in 940 CMR 3.00 are synonymous. The terms apply also to purported warranties and guarantees and to any promise or representation in the nature of a warranty or guarantee.
An express warranty or any statement in the nature of an express warranty or guarantee includes any affirmation of fact or promise made by the seller to the buyer which relates to the goods and becomes part of the basis of the bargain. Any verbal or written representation, as well as any description of the goods, or sample or model of the goods which is made part of the basis of the bargain creates an express warranty. It is not necessary to the creation of an express warranty that the seller use formal words such as "warranty" or "guarantee" or that he have a specific intention to make a guarantee.
940 CMR 3.02, False Advertising
(2) No statement or illustration shall be used in any advertisement which creates a false impression of the grade, quality, make, value, currency of model, size, color, usability, or origin of the product offered, or which may otherwise misrepresent the product in such a manner that later, on disclosure of the true facts, there is a likelihood that the buyer may be switched from the advertised product to another.
Even though the true facts are subsequently made known to the buyer, the law is violated if the first contact or interview is secured by deception.
940 CMR 3.03, Deceptive Advertising of Guarantees (emphasis mine):
(1) In general, any guarantee in advertising shall clearly and conspicuously disclose:
(a) The nature and extent of the guarantee. This includes disclosure of:
1. What product or part of the product is guaranteed.
2. What characteristics of properties of the designated product or part thereof are covered by, or excluded from, the guarantee.
3. What is the duration of the guarantee.
(6) A seller or manufacturer shall not advertise or represent that a product is guaranteed when he cannot or does not promptly and scrupulously fulfill his obligations under the guarantee.
940 CMR 3.05, General Misrepresentations:
(1) No claim or representation shall be made by any means concerning a product which directly, or by implication, or by failure to adequately disclose additional relevant information, has the capacity or tendency or effect of deceiving buyers or prospective buyers in any material respect. This prohibition includes, but is not limited to, representations or claims relating to the construction, durability, reliability, manner or time of performance, safety, strength, condition, or life expectancy of such product, or financing relating to such product, or the utility of such product or any part thereof, or the ease with which such product may be operated, repaired, or maintained or the benefit to be derived from the use thereof.
I guess you didn't read my post. or see when I signed up... I'll re-qoute it for you. They take senority not by date but by how many frivoulus page theads you can respond to...that is not senority in my book so I paid to get "GUARANTEED ACCESS" to be a BETA TESTER...NOT A BETA PLAYER.
I coughed up the $200 lifetime subscription to Champions Online for 2 reasons
1) I wanted to get into Star Trek Onlines Beta since I'm such a hardcore Trekkie and didn't want to take the chance that I wasn't chosen even though I was registered on this site from day one from Perpetual days.
2) Cryptic is a good software company and they put out quality products. i.e. Champions Online had its issues at start but it is turning out to be a great gaming experience.
All that being said I would hope the chain of emails would go as follows:
A -Lifetime Subscribers
B - 6 month Subscribers
C - Cryptics choice
I at 1:30pm EST have not received an Email and/or the graphic to the right when signed into Star Trek Online does not read I've "Been Accepted" .......yet.
I hope I will be one of the first to see Star Trek Online in Beta as a tester. Remember this is BETA PEOPLE......
I will give you this you signed up at a good time. But that being said. It is 100% not right to allow people in that just have money to throw around. Are that would have just bought a lifetime sub. to the game anyway. In front of people that was on original beta sign ups. I was sign up on the forum and also the other company that had it before cryptic. I was signed up for there Beta before they got the rights. And i think that seniority like that should be in first. Just saying the ones that was here pre cryptic buy out. Champs is a good game but if they go that route that you are talking where lifetime play and 6 month ppl get in before people like me who have been waiting since before they had the game. Then they might as well re join with NC Soft b/c it makes them no better. Thats money hungry. Thats not showing player any respect. I agree Lifetimes and all them should be in first wave. But so should the people that was here before cryptic got it.