Career Officer
Just like the title says, the Fleet Assault Cruiser is gone from the Tribble shipyard. What do you think this means?

Has it gone back to drydock for retooling, or could this be a sign of something else?
Empire Veteran
# 2
07-04-2012, 12:37 PM
i looked for any changes in the store last night and didnt see any. the fleet sov was there then though

edit- oh for christ sake, its gone! at least the fleet vorcha is still around

proboly because a very vocal minority isnt happy that the fleet sovereign isn't the exact same ship they already have with the word fleet in front of it
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus

Last edited by dontdrunkimshoot; 07-04-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-04-2012, 02:41 PM
What about the poor old Galaxy class then. Plenty of disgruntled people around about her getting a un-ness 5th engineer console instead of a 3rd tact console. The fleet sovvie looked pretty dam good and prob what she should have been from the start minus the 10th console slot. if anything the Galaxy and nebula need the love, extra engineer consoles when they badly need tact ones.
Empire Veteran
# 4
07-04-2012, 05:34 PM
i'd just like to make it clear that the number 1 thing i dislike the most about the fleet ships is the fleet galaxy console and station setup. its so bad, its like they are mocking us.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 5
07-04-2012, 05:43 PM
Oh, don't tell me they're really gonna change it because of the few whiners!

If that's how the game's played: I WANT the one we've seen with the very nice LT. COMM. TACTICAL BOFF SLOT!

But I guess I'm just not vocal enough. Thats just sad.

EDIT: I share dontdrunkimshoot's opinion on the Fleet Galaxy. It's probably the most useless Tier 5 (or higher, depends on how you call it) ship in game.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!

Last edited by toiva; 07-04-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Commander
# 6
07-04-2012, 10:02 PM
Maybe they are adding more tac? I was looking forward to trying out a OOH RAH! 3 tac build .
Career Officer
# 7
07-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martakurill View Post
Just like the title says, the Fleet Assault Cruiser is gone from the Tribble shipyard. What do you think this means?

Has it gone back to drydock for retooling, or could this be a sign of something else?
http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/p...sDataYESUM.gif

YES!

Be nice if the team communicated more on Fleet ships. I still think they should drop the current ship system and completely redo it where you can level the ships you want, especially with Novas and Sabres are Tier 5 now. And at Tier 5, configure your favorite ship to where you want it (within certain guidelines of course).
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Captain
# 8
07-04-2012, 10:55 PM
So Cryptic can backtrack and "fix" the fleet Sovereign if players don't like it, but they won't fix the Fleet Galaxy if players don't like it either?

For shame, Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-05-2012, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulleatherjacket View Post
So Cryptic can backtrack and "fix" the fleet Sovereign if players don't like it, but they won't fix the Fleet Galaxy if players don't like it either?

For shame, Cryptic.
Agreed 110%
Career Officer
# 10
07-05-2012, 07:27 AM
I have to say that I agree with a lot of the sentiments raised in this thread.

Firstly, dontdrunkimshoot, I have to say I've agreed with what you've been saying about the Galaxy since back during the F2P conversion. Time and time again it just isn't getting that third tactical console slot....4/3/3 just makes sense on that ship.

Secondly, I liked the Fleet Sovereign the way it was on Tribble. As it was, it was different enough from the Tactical Odyssey that a player would really have to choose between the two. If they change it the way I think they're going to change it, it'll be about the same with an extra tactial console slot (and whatever speical tricks it gets from the C-store version).

Hopefully we'll get some news on all of this soon...