Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 948
# 11
07-05-2012, 07:39 AM
Fleet Assault Cruiser Retrofit needs this Boff layout

CM ENG
LT CM TAC
LT ENG
ENS SCI
LT SCI.

Fleet Galaxy's Ensign should be Uni.

Last edited by captainbmoney; 07-05-2012 at 07:41 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 205
# 12 Bad news...
07-06-2012, 05:21 PM
So bad news everyone...

The Fleet Assault Cruiser is still MIA as of 7/6. This either means one of the following:

1) It is still being retooled...maybe to be more in line with the original assault cruiser.
2) It has gone to "limbo" with the likes of the Andorian escort and the Saucer-Sep Galaxy-X.
3) They didn't want it to overshadow a C-store version coming in the next few weeks.

While I would love for the answer to be #3, I feel pretty sure its #1. Though, I must admit, I am quite afraid its actually going to be #2.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 449
# 13
07-06-2012, 05:41 PM
I fear it's gone never to return outside of the Cstore.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 205
# 14
07-06-2012, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackswaggert View Post
I fear it's gone never to return outside of the Cstore.
Of all the things that could happen, this may not be the worst. While not cool that one would HAVE to pay for this ship, this could at least get it into our hands sooner.

For me, I just think it is the position of "not knowing" that is rather uncomfortable.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 119
# 15
07-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martakurill
1) It is still being retooled...maybe to be more in line with the original assault cruiser.
If it comes out as a slightly buffed version of the T5 Assault Cruiser (as with the Galaxy R) then it's all but useless to me. I already have a T5 AC and another with a small bump to its base stats is just a waste of a potentially interesting BOff layout. It's bad enough one of the Enterprise's (the Galaxy) is going to be receiving a pointless HP buff, having two in that position is really annoying as it offers nothing new, and certainly nothing that makes me want to level a starbase to T5 to get my hands on.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 449
# 16
07-06-2012, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martakurill View Post
Of all the things that could happen, this may not be the worst. While not cool that one would HAVE to pay for this ship, this could at least get it into our hands sooner.

For me, I just think it is the position of "not knowing" that is rather uncomfortable.
My take on the version of the Fleet Assault cruiser was that it would be comparable and maybe slightly better then the Odyssey. I was really looking forward to it. My fear is if it becomes a Cstore ship it won't resemble the one we saw in the slightest.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 205
# 17
07-07-2012, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackswaggert View Post
My take on the version of the Fleet Assault cruiser was that it would be comparable and maybe slightly better then the Odyssey. I was really looking forward to it. My fear is if it becomes a Cstore ship it won't resemble the one we saw in the slightest.
A fair point.

I was sort of thinking this morning that Cryptic decided that they really wouldn't sell a C-store version of the AC if it only came with a console and a skin (I'm very interested in the skin, but I feel like a lot of other players aren't)..therefore they took this jacked-up version out of the fleet store and are going to make the whole package a C-store purchase...thereby ensure that they make the most money out of this endeavor. This may be somehwhat optomistic on my part, but I think it also would be good business sense on theirs.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 622
# 18
07-07-2012, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martakurill View Post
A fair point.

I was sort of thinking this morning that Cryptic decided that they really wouldn't sell a C-store version of the AC if it only came with a console and a skin (I'm very interested in the skin, but I feel like a lot of other players aren't)..therefore they took this jacked-up version out of the fleet store and are going to make the whole package a C-store purchase...thereby ensure that they make the most money out of this endeavor. This may be somehwhat optomistic on my part, but I think it also would be good business sense on theirs.
This is good news, if it will be the complete high end/endgame sovereign refit which comes with new skins and maybe a new boff layout plus all the basics bumped up e.g. turn rate plus a new console/s than I'll be happy to grab my wallet.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 765
# 19
07-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj011 View Post
This is good news, if it will be the complete high end/endgame sovereign refit which comes with new skins and maybe a new boff layout plus all the basics bumped up e.g. turn rate plus a new console/s than I'll be happy to grab my wallet.
Ditto. We'll find out eventually what happened in any case.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 91
# 20
07-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Yes...i agree too that the new c-store ships should be in par with the Fleet ships in terms of hull, ships and console slots. The Fleet ships system should be another way for people to get these ships minus the console and skin without going to the C-store.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:05 PM.