Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Lieutenant
Is this a good ship for a tac character?

Getting a few new toons up to level 40 now and thinking about what ships to get. I am thinking of trying out flying a Vo'Quv carrier as a tac officer. Wonder if anyone has experience doing this and can post their feedback.

Thanks,
Peet
Captain
# 2
04-29-2013, 05:02 PM
IMO, the Kar'fi Battlecarrier from the C-Store is a lot better fit for Tacs than the Vo'Quv. It's so slow APA barely effects the turnrates, and most other Tac captain abilities focus on damage from your main ship, which a 3/3 weapon layout isn't going to be huge. Plus, you're likely not Skilled into Flow Caps and Subspace Decompiler to take advantage of the innate Subsystem Targetting.

However, I still had good fun with a Tac in a Vo'Quv for a while, even without great synergy with my captain type. At least until I got a Kar'fi anyways (a slow raptor with dual hangars basically).
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
05-01-2013, 02:49 PM
It's functional as a Tac but a Sci will make the most out the best "free" ship in the game imo.
NO to ARC...Keep it in Beta
Captain
# 4
05-02-2013, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom61sto View Post
IMO, the Kar'fi Battlecarrier from the C-Store is a lot better fit for Tacs than the Vo'Quv. It's so slow APA barely effects the turnrates, and most other Tac captain abilities focus on damage from your main ship, which a 3/3 weapon layout isn't going to be huge. Plus, you're likely not Skilled into Flow Caps and Subspace Decompiler to take advantage of the innate Subsystem Targetting.

However, I still had good fun with a Tac in a Vo'Quv for a while, even without great synergy with my captain type. At least until I got a Kar'fi anyways (a slow raptor with dual hangars basically).
This, pretty much. If you can get it, get the Kar'fi. It's a great carrier + DPSer. It has just enough mobility to make those cannons work, especially if you know how to handle the ship and load up on Tractor Beams, Warp Plasma, and other immobilizers. The Fek'lhri frigate pets are also pretty badass.
Lieutenant
# 5
05-02-2013, 06:09 AM
Thanks for the replies, guys.

I am talking about the Vo' because I am wondering what free ship to get for my level 40 character. i have a number of toons and want to try different things with each of them. The Kar'Fi is neat but I don't feel like spending the $ on it right now.

That much being said I think I will try a Vo' for one of my tacs. Any suggestions about builds?

Thanks,
Peet
Captain
# 6
05-02-2013, 06:13 AM
I use the Mirror Vo'Quv on my KDF tact captain, it absolutely ruins stuff
Lieutenant
# 7
05-04-2013, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
I use the Mirror Vo'Quv on my KDF tact captain, it absolutely ruins stuff
Can you post anything about your build? I might try this. I think I have a Mirror Vo box that I haven't opened.

What engy boff abilities make it work?

I'm guessing Boarding Party is a big one. With 4000 crew BP won't cost you much.

Also DEM would be great if it affects your fighter pets... does it? I don't know.

EWP might be useful... tough to get enemies in it with a Vo though since your turn rate is so poor.

Aux to Dampeners improves your turn rate, which might be nice.

Interested to know.

Peet
Lieutenant
# 8
05-04-2013, 12:08 PM
Mirror Vo'quv, yes, absolutely works.

I'build around Mask Energy Signature and Bird of Prey pets. I'd go all beam bank since the BoPs have enough torps and less trouble maneuvering. I'd also throw in a lot of electroic warfare like Jam Sensors and Viral Matrix. And i'd throw in a Impulse Capacitance Cell - it may not be able to turn but at least it can be fast, no?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWj1A63dts0
Captain
# 9
05-04-2013, 12:28 PM
http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...mingvoquv_3536

Launch the cheap BOPs in follow mode, drop a gravity well on target, and then set the pets to attack. The romulan torps are for stuff thats in front of me, either spread 3 for swarms or the nadeon console for big targets. Four disruptor beams and the KCB, with APA/FOMM, EPtW2, high weapon power, and BFaW running, I can melt most stuff that I'm not directly pointing at. Deuterium Surplus lets me move around when I need to. The hardest thing about this ship is keeping up with all the ways I can destroy stuff, between torp spray and beam spray and BOPs and gravity well, I lose DPS because I cant multitask fast enough

edit--forgot to mention the EPtW2

Last edited by ursusmorologus; 05-04-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Lieutenant
# 10
05-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Don't forget the Elite hangar pets... which I believe a certain fleet is going to start selling access to in a month or so.

They should be interesting.

Tacs might be able to buff the pets damage, now add a siphon build to that, that's pretty mean pressure damage.
I'm the guy that uses unconventional builds, and don't fall to the normal. I also don't believe in "No-BS" crap, it's in the game, it's ready to be used. Think Clint Eastwood in Heartbreak Ridge.