Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
# 21
07-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the4monkeys View Post
As you can see this has been frustrating for me, Here I am trying to patch up the pvp community trying to make it fun for all. Then getting put into the sin bin for hacking and apparently hes trying to catch me out and send it to the devs.
So you are trying to patch things up by confronting him every chance you get, then posting a long rant here in the forums? Not exactly out of How to Win Friends and Influence People.

As much as I respect the Sad Pandas abilities, I get tired of their "why do they hate us" qqing.
Career Officer
# 22
07-05-2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty8mac View Post
So you are trying to patch things up by confronting him every chance you get, then posting a long rant here in the forums? Not exactly out of How to Win Friends and Influence People.

As much as I respect the Sad Pandas abilities, I get tired of their "why do they hate us" qqing.

I dont think your seeing the bigger picture:

The game is losing pvp numbers and this persons actions is aiding towards its failures. I dont care about why people hate pandas. If they have problems there why dont they ask us we give advice look at the cubs channel.

I am not looking for friends and influence trying to repair a broken community.

Why I brought this to forums is that I rather have full opinion of pvp community I couldn't care about the person, however clearly he is looking for unfound exploits he himself is a bigger troll by ruining the pvp community creating warp outs and fake belief. The person in question does not understand the dynamics of the game.

As for the person in question follower that posted thank you for posting.
Career Officer
# 23
07-05-2012, 11:51 AM
+1 to this thread from me at least. I don't think it has anything to do with sad pandas qqing like last time. it's legit.

so full support, let's get this fixed.
<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
Career Officer
# 24
07-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Dunno bout u guys but this all starts to get really old. lets get on with gaming and the opvp community isnt divided at all, kkthxbye.
Career Officer
# 25
07-05-2012, 03:28 PM
I'm a bit perplexed...

I was approached by said individual, and towards me, he did not behave like the d**k he sounds like in all chats and posts.

I'm sure he genuinely believes there is haxxing afoot.

I asked him about this, and only got wague answers. He offered to explain more clearly in voicechat, but it was getting way past late, so I had to decline and log. He did mention third part programs creating lag that can be exploited. I know this is a old mmo trick, anyone know if this can be/is effectively used in STO?

My point is: Maybe he's right, who knows? I can say I myself is not haxxing, but I can not answer for anyone else. I don't see how anyone can answer for anyone else, unless they know each other R/L and play from the same room.

Frankly, I'd be surprised if noone out there haxx... However, I'm not OK with calling people out on suspicion alone, or even worse, taking action based on belief.
Career Officer
# 26
07-05-2012, 03:52 PM
same thing happened to me, i was up from 1130pm to 6am listen to what sounded like consipiracy theories. then he told me he was working with the devs and they were going to work out a way to get rid of all these 3rd parties and whatnot and I should be mum about it. Also, it was suggested that I support the thread and say I was shown stuff and it exists. blah

that said, I remember back in the day when no one used keybinds. no one used the g12 keyboard that kept keybinds running constant.

those matches were intense. Fly, heal, type target, redistribute shields manually. fun for me at least
<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE

Last edited by talzerotwo; 07-05-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 27
07-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Just to chime in on this. That individual to which we all know about, was on my friends list. Decent player, listened most of the time in team chat for targets, sucks as a fight controller (too narrow minded). However, in the course of the last 6 months..he got on my fleets nerves, coming on to TS, talking about hax this, blah blah that, and at no time did we ever get any concrete evidence proving claims. We kicked/banned him from our server, after unanimous decision. And then replied to one of us before we got ignored by 'Have fun playing with idiots'

No one is unkillable, just that theres a bunch in this thread that are damn tough, but it can be done we all know that teamwork wins the day. That and a good batch of cookiees

Cheers!
Career Officer
# 28
07-05-2012, 11:34 PM
I can say that I have never encountered anything that could not be explained by plain and simple use of the game rules or technology as they are.

But I can see why some people would want a different community for their PvP than the OrganizedPvP chat channel.
Career Officer
# 29
07-06-2012, 12:50 AM
my question to you guys is why am I targetted by this individual, im just a decent clean player in a decent fleet thats good at teaming not exploits.
Captain
# 30
07-06-2012, 01:00 AM
The main issue with STOs pvp community... is that it is a PvP community.

Being a Star Trek game I find 2 things to be true....

1) The games "hardcore" PvP players are PvP players and are also Star Trek lovers... and there fore are mildly egocentric competitive Type As... that when compared to most MMOs "hardcore" PvP players are extremely kind and giving and in general pretty laid back...

However...

2) the game is also filled with the Star Trek Role Player PvP players... (admit it all of us have at one time or another put "canon" type layouts on something... but group 2 people are adverse to putting a better weapon on cause it doesn't look fed enough or klinks don't run phasers ect ect) Now the issue is for these players being a Type-A compete hard type person is just not very trek... and even though as MMO PvP communities go we have one of the most open and inviting... they don't see that. (it doesn't help that in general these players have never touched another MMO)

Now the people that fit under 1 can accept with in a bit of reason the people in group 2... and I don't need to name names we all know who the Group 2 people are. Of course for people in group 2 I am not sure that some of them will ever really fit in. (of course some do... and some of them have given us the most entertaining Zone and Opvp chats I can remember... *cough* Star. I hope he comes back soon)

Last edited by husanakx; 07-06-2012 at 01:03 AM.