Lt. Commander
# 1 AMS and the saucer
07-03-2012, 03:58 PM
As far as I know, equipping the AMS console on the Gal-R or Odyssey enables AMS as an ability for the saucer. This means that AMS can be triggered despite the player not actively using it.

Now we had a match where the other team claimed getting AMSed despite non of our players having the console equipped. Checking into it, we found that one of our players had the console on one of his other ships equipped.

Is AMS already being enabled for the saucer if the console is equipped on any ship of a player even if it is not his currently active ship?

How is the code working? Is STO checking all ships of a player for the console? Or only the currently active ship? Dev confirmation would be really helpful.
Empire Veteran
# 2
07-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Isn't it available on the science version saucer even if you don't have the console equipped?
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Captain
# 3
07-03-2012, 04:35 PM
That is an interesting piece of coding if its that bad.... the idea of pets getting p2w abilities is a bad idea anyway.... wait hold on...

Perhaps they could work the code so they could sell our pets accessories, I think Hello kitty has something like that. I want to dress my pets up to perhaps some Pet skins could hit the Cstore soon. (sorry had to put it out there in the unlikely event that a dev does show up)

Seriously though just admit that one of your team mates forgot to unequip the dumb thing and one of his hax macros set it off. Then there ya go all good. I run an hide now.
Commander
# 4
07-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
That is an interesting piece of coding if its that bad.... the idea of pets getting p2w abilities is a bad idea anyway.... wait hold on...

Perhaps they could work the code so they could sell our pets accessories, I think Hello kitty has something like that. I want to dress my pets up to perhaps some Pet skins could hit the Cstore soon. (sorry had to put it out there in the unlikely event that a dev does show up)

Seriously though just admit that one of your team mates forgot to unequip the dumb thing and one of his hax macros set it off. Then there ya go all good. I run an hide now.
quiet husanHAX!

PRIVATE MATCH???

crap, if I was going through the c-store and was looking at the ship with the console, do you suppose my pet may have ninja-acquired it without my knowledge? that would be...embarrassing...
Rihannsu
# 5
07-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Testing with the Galaxy-R, Confirmed with Equiping the Console on the Galaxy-R, the Saucer Sep will use AMS.

Funny side note: If you are not in combat, and you swap the AMS Console ON and Off it will Spawn a new Saucer with or with out the Console, depending on if you had it on or not. Also, if you are not in combat, but your saucer is attacking some one, you could swap AMS console out, to Despawn that Saucer, getting a new Non AMS saucer, then Re-equip the AMS console for a new Saucer with AMS fully recharged.

Not that you could actually do that situation really.. At least as far as I can tell.

Tested Equiping the console on a different ship, but the saucer didn't discharge AMS. Seems to only, for the Galaxy-R, work if the console is equipped.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
# 6
07-03-2012, 09:40 PM
To be fair I have played some No P2W crap matches on my klinks where I didn't bother to remove a dumb theta or aceton unit, that I like to spam on the borg in stfs. Just didn't have another sci unit around, and wasn't going to bother finding one before a match. Just didn't use the ability.

So if the pet works that way and you where not aware I could say that would be a pretty honest mistake. lol
Career Officer
# 7
07-04-2012, 01:17 AM
fix: dont fly with ams equipped. I dislike the stuff myself so dont bother having it on me
<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-04-2012, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talzerotwo View Post
fix: dont fly with ams equipped. I dislike the stuff myself so dont bother having it on me
Did you actually read what I wrote? I was specifically addressing the possibility that unequipping the console on your current ship is not enough.
Rihannsu
# 9
07-04-2012, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakehilbert View Post
Did you actually read what I wrote? I was specifically addressing the possibility that unequipping the console on your current ship is not enough.
When I tested it with the Galaxy-R, not having the Console Equiped, ment the Saucer you summon doesn't have it.

I do not own the Engineering Odyssey (or any of the 2,000 Cryptic Point Odysseys) to be able to test how the AMS console interacts with that ship and it's Saucer Seperation.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-04-2012, 01:36 AM
I hope to find some time today or tomorrow to test various theories I have regarding the saucer issue.