Career Officer
# 11
07-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captrayvenwing View Post
What do you mean need to.. LOL on this planet we WILL Shotgun them in the chest

So true also. I am afraid we will be more Terran Empire than Federation unless something drastically changes our perceptions and behavors.
Too true - we can't live with each other, let alone an alien species.
Commander
# 12
07-05-2012, 09:05 AM
when star trek tso first came out my dad told me a lot of what we were watching on star trek would really exist by the time i was an adult. in many cases we have achieved some of those things or even surpassed them, for example, the little computer disks have already come and gone. doors slide open. space travel, but not at warp speed.

i don't think this new particle will impact anything and some things are just impossible, for example, "beaming up" and light speed travel.

i figure if we keep going the way we are future technology will consists of sticks and stones, we will mine landfills for resources and if we are lucky live with non-lethal levels of radiation.

Last edited by rdm1958; 07-05-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Career Officer
# 13
07-05-2012, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdm1958 View Post
when star trek tso first came out my dad told me a lot of what we were watching on star trek would really exist by the time i was an adult. in many cases we have achieved some of those things or even surpassed them, for example, the little computer disks have already come and gone. doors slide open. space travel, but not at warp speed.

i don't think this new particle will impact anything and some things are just impossible, for example, "beaming up" and light speed travel.

i figure if we keep going the way we are future technology will consists of sticks and stones, we will mine landfills for resources and if we are lucky live with non-lethal levels of radiation.
History Channel did a documentary on all of the changes that star trek made to the world - you can watch it here http://watchdocumentary.com/watch/ho...c449ac6ed.html
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
when aliens land we'll need to shotgun them in the chest.
Wrong universe.

Then again, I do see a lot of people with little beards/mustaches these days...

Most of my characters suck | I suck at Twitter, too!
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
07-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Sadly this "discovery" will set back science by a millenia or more.

The "particle" if it existed would render the universe itself nul
thus it hopefully is a fraud

I pray its a fraud

of course if it isn't
you can forget a future
the earth won't have one