Starfleet Veteran
Hey Guys / Gals

With there been a fair few Pre Made teams from various fleets knocking around I was curious as to what, if any, you guys have as rules set from your fleet leader or your fleet general thoughts when you team up as a 5 man fleet premade.

Do you say to your team use what ever you like, equip your AMS, fly your carriers, use all the p2w consoles, or do you tell your fleet team.. keep it clean?

I am just interested as I have seen (as you all have) different fleets with different mindsets.

So if possible and you dont mind and you are in a fleet premade please answer the following:

1) Do you have set rules that you limit your fleet team to use, eg: no AMS, no Theata, no pet spam

2) Do you think its right premade teams from the same fleet use p2w consoles, pet spam when in the queues?

We at the 110th do have several players that sometimes like to form a 5 man team and join the queues, how ever we do have a strict policy that we dont use p2w consoles eg: AMS, Theata nor do we pet spam from carriers. Granted we are not the best out there but we give it our all and keep it clean.

Thanks for your time, interested to hear on what other pvp fleets thoughts are to the above 2 questions
Tex says...... hey
Banned
# 2
07-05-2012, 09:27 AM
I'm of two mind sets. I believe that if you are just starting out in pvp you shouldn't use the p2w toys. Because of how ludicrously powerful they are, they can and do become a crutch (particularly on the KDF side of things). You need a very firm grasp on the basics before you start using the toys.

Once you're stepping up to the majors though, it's time to break out the toys. No one shows restraint anymore anyway (be it through 4 cruisers and a bug ship, or consoles, or both) so let it rip.

Now Ideally, this crap would never have been put into the game, but sadly we can't hit the reset button on this, at least not as long as cryptic (more specifically Gecko) is in charge.
Career Officer
# 3
07-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Usually before a match that I am in a -full 5man premade- I say let's keep it clean consoles. Take that as you will, its tough to get everyone to do, but at least in a 5man premade it doesnt or shouldnt have a place.

My take on the matter, or at least my suggestion is the following:

List the various p2w consoles that shouldn't be in use (obviously an oddy chevron -could- be considered different from ams or theta).

Once that is done, have reps from some known pvpish fleets post what parts they agree or disagree with.

Then have anyone that is part of the core pvp premades in their fleet sign in agreement. (my thinking on this is that it should also apply to opvp 'pugs').
<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
Career Officer
# 4
07-05-2012, 09:38 AM
Generally, The Sad Pandas fleet is against any form of Pay2win (consoles) because its well known that these consoles are much more effective than a simple Hull Plating console, etc. (And also require more counters which is just impossible to do (Double sci teams, double engi teams, what not)

Sad Pandas is not against the use of Cstore or lockbox ships. Its kinda obvious that people want to fly the ship they like, if you would go and restrict the usage of those ships I doubt lots of members would stay in a fleet with such a restriction.

Another reason why Pandas is generally against the p2w (consoles) is that we'e like to keep our member pvp quality high, which ultimately means that players can develop and improve theirselves without resorting to the p2w 'stuff'. And I can assure you, that you can win from someone even without any pay to win, but because you know how to outfit your ship, skill it up and have excellent experience at PvP.

It has also been shown and proven in the Tier 3 vs Premades that even then a non pay2win using fleet with the odds against them (running lower tier ships) that its all about player skill eventually.

I've become an excellent PvPer without it, and so will/are my fellow Panda fleetmates.
Using these (sometimes) cheesy items will never make you a good PvPer in my opinion.

kkchnkthx
kkthxchnk
kkchnk
kkthx

Last edited by marctraiderz; 07-05-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Career Officer
# 5
07-05-2012, 09:39 AM
Nothing is so bad as the seemingly endless holds. It doesn't always happen, but it DOES happen. So sure you can counter some of them. But not all of them. There are just to many. That being said the only bit that should be removed from the game no questions asked just do it are the pet specials of draining, slowing or holding and all pets need to stay within ten K of the carrier or they vanish. Period. All done. All the tiny ships and devices rely on momma ships CINC and FC and that's ten K.

KKTHX bye.
Ensign
# 6
07-05-2012, 10:12 AM
atm we run the most sporting builds possible... but if i encounter tsi-scramble-runabout-spam-carriers one more time, i might be a very angry clown again nonetheless, in the end i believe one should be able to deal with whatever s**t might happen
Commander
# 7
07-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Critz is p2w console free but with no restrictions on ships. Considering the number of players that justify the use of consoles now, whether right or wrong, it's definately a crutch not using them
Captain
# 8
07-05-2012, 11:14 AM
I've actually seen surprisingly few fleets use gimmicky consoles, at least in F v. F (F v. K queues are always too long for me). The advantage of team communication is so strong that you really don't need them, and to be honest if I came across a full team spamming Acetons or something I'd figure they were either completely unsure in their abilities or just bored.

EDIT: I have seen some teams use two or more carriers, though. I'm not against it (you should be able to fly whatever the hell you like) but I just cannot enjoy myself in those games for the life of me.

Last edited by shimmerless; 07-05-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Career Officer
# 9
07-05-2012, 12:20 PM
TSI's policy is-

if you have ams or grav pulse, try not to use it unless someone else on the othe rteam uses it first.

this only applies to full 4-5 man tsi teams.

everything else is fair game i think.
Ensign
# 10
07-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marctraiderz View Post
Generally, The Sad Pandas fleet is against any form of Pay2win (consoles) because its well known that these consoles are much more effective than a simple Hull Plating console, etc. (And also require more counters which is just impossible to do (Double sci teams, double engi teams, what not)

Sad Pandas is not against the use of Cstore or lockbox ships. Its kinda obvious that people want to fly the ship they like, if you would go and restrict the usage of those ships I doubt lots of members would stay in a fleet with such a restriction.

Another reason why Pandas is generally against the p2w (consoles) is that we'e like to keep our member pvp quality high, which ultimately means that players can develop and improve theirselves without resorting to the p2w 'stuff'. And I can assure you, that you can win from someone even without any pay to win, but because you know how to outfit your ship, skill it up and have excellent experience at PvP.

It has also been shown and proven in the Tier 3 vs Premades that even then a non pay2win using fleet with the odds against them (running lower tier ships) that its all about player skill eventually.

I've become an excellent PvPer without it, and so will/are my fellow Panda fleetmates.
Using these (sometimes) cheesy items will never make you a good PvPer in my opinion.
kkchnkthx
kkthxchnk
kkchnk
kkthx

The highlighted part is my thoughts on the matter. We are p2w free in Show me your Critz, Pugging or if we have a 5 man going.