Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Rihannsu
# 11
07-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Indeed.. P2W really should not be used if your wearing a fleet tag, because then it makes the rest of your fleet out to be a P2W Spammer..

Just like generally when I see -nova core- in the Search I know to expect P2W of some form, if not every memeber of that fleet to have one. It's just what they have become known for from my perspective and from what I have been hearing from other players as well.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Career Officer
# 12
07-05-2012, 02:18 PM
What's this like your third post bringuing us up? Find a better way bro.
<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
Commander
# 13
07-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
TSI's policy is-

if you have ams or grav pulse, try not to use it unless someone else on the othe rteam uses it first.

this only applies to full 4-5 man tsi teams.

everything else is fair game i think.
SOB flies with this policy as well.

Arawn - SOB
Ensign
# 14
07-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talzerotwo View Post
What's this like your third post bringuing us up? Find a better way bro.
Find a better way to do what??
Career Officer
# 15
07-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Mhh ok.

I just ment that after all, the game is about numbers, and variables. Mainly I would say, as a 5 man premade fighting another 5 man premade, where the opposing team does use crap and p2w stuff, id say as a panda team we can beat it without using it as well. Mainly because we try to improve ourselves without it. and it IS possible.

On the ohter hand, in a 1v1 situation or pugging, and the opposin team uses all what god forbids, I have the following thoughts about it;

This game, and all its effects, consoles, etc... in the end its all numbers, yes. Behind the scenes its all numbers vs numbers.

And the thing that people tend to forget is, if one of these consoles puts those numbers out of whack to a great extend, almost no player is up against that. Not because experience is in the way, but because you cannot bend those behind the screen numbers. You can compensate for it with experience, but there is a line _somwhere_ there where even the most experienced PvPer cannot stand up against these odds.

Luckily, again, in a premade you have 5 good players at your side and you can all compensate for a few players on the ohter side using cheap sh*t.

kkchnk.
Career Officer
# 16
07-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Why is it OK to run P2W if there is Three of you but not Five? It isn't!

Your ****ing PvP up for everyone, do you really need untold pet spam and P2W to win?

Just yesterday I witnessed a PvE Fleet trying PvP for the first time, getting AMS'd and Graved ***** every other second by a PvP Fleet, great welcome, thanks fellas
Lieutenant
# 17
07-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Hahahahahahaha

You all act high and mighty "We don't use P2W!" no-this-that-or-any-other-thing-lets-only-lick-each-other now, but I've been around long enough to know it doesn't matter what fleet name you sport.

You will always see it in warzones. I don't care what fleet name you have, it's more the individual than the fleet.

I've been in enough fleets where they turned into build nazis, so my only policy is this. I see it flying in the match, it's fair game.

EDIT: Soon it'll not stop at p2w. It'll be this ability, or that ability, or your grandmother's cookies that were accidentally laced with ... something...

It's the old slippery slope argument but hell, you've all seen opvp chat long enough to know it'll end that way.

Last edited by gx4th23; 07-05-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Career Officer
# 18
07-05-2012, 02:58 PM
OmegaXIII used to have a "fair play" policy...

That meant no abilities that were considered griefy, and no anything that was acknowledged broken by a dev.

The idea was that by avoiding the broken things, and learning to cope without them, we would be stronger every time a broken ability was fixed.

Unfortunately, as the observant reader will have noticed, there was a flaw in the plan... Cryptic didn't fix the broken crap. (Or they took months/years to do it)

And the result is evident... Just think about it... When was the last time you fought a OmegaXIII premade? Can't remember? Don't worry, it's not amnesia. There hasn't been a OmegaXIII premade in over a year. Actually, I'm the only one left that is doing any PvP at all

So my advice would be: Keep it loose. Use the BS only if you're loosing bad. Don't use the crap to steamroll PUGs. You'll feel better beating them with fair play.
Career Officer
# 19
07-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th23 View Post
Hahahahahahaha

You all act high and mighty "We don't use P2W!" no-this-that-or-any-other-thing-lets-only-lick-each-other now, but I've been around long enough to know it doesn't matter what fleet name you sport.

You will always see it in warzones. I don't care what fleet name you have, it's more the individual than the fleet.

I've been in enough fleets where they turned into build nazis, so my only policy is this. I see it flying in the match, it's fair game.

EDIT: Soon it'll not stop at p2w. It'll be this ability, or that ability, or your grandmother's cookies that were accidentally laced with ... something...

It's the old slippery slope argument but hell, you've all seen opvp chat long enough to know it'll end that way.

Good thing its always saved into peoples brains in the recent year who do use it and who don't
same for spread, lol'pengz, faw when all that crap was broken. It was all obvious and it still will be

Last edited by marctraiderz; 07-05-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Career Officer
# 20
07-05-2012, 03:39 PM
I don't often comment in posts like these... too much emotion over a leisure activity.
No one pays my internet bills, C-store purchases or anything else that allows me to have fun but me. So i'll use what I want. And so can/should anyone else.

Saying or believing anything else eventually comes down to a negative emotional reaction to something that is supposed to be fun!

And if you're not having fun... why are you still here?

Enjoy your /popcorn all,

Derek
Leader of Quantum Gaming.
Join us @ www.quantum-collective.com!