Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lieutenant
# 21
07-05-2012, 05:08 PM
My fleet will, for the most part, hold off any console unless we are getting hit with crazy ams/grav pulse stuff.

Like if we run into another premade, we like to run "clean" for those. Unless of course it's an akira happy nova core team
Koopa27 -X-treme
Rihannsu
# 22
07-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talzerotwo View Post
What's this like your third post bringuing us up? Find a better way bro.
I have not been able to post all day yesterday, so it could not be my third post bringing up the P2W fleet. Sorry. Though this might be my third post.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Career Officer
# 23
07-05-2012, 05:28 PM
I gotta say though, I can see where some other fleets threw in the towel at some point and said **** it, screw you over with p2w. I haven't reached that point yet, but bs is bs and it keeps being brought up in threads that arent even aimed at what you want to get at. I never said 'bringing it up today', but you do so in different threads.

After the first call for cease fire on the p2w arms race a while back. Everything seemed to work for a little, and then people started finding other crap to troll about. Then some folk said **** it, ima use it cuz *insert reason here*. The some fleets that were part of that p2w cease fire said "man **** this ****, if they broke it, I'ma break it too." Example that comes to mind is tsi. People call them hax or whatnot for whatever reason. I like them, I think they have awesome teamwork. At some point (and this is just from what I've read in forums. They got fed up with all the bs from trolls or legit players. *shrugs*

I could probably tell you the same thing I've been telling you until I'm blue in the face. Nothing will change your mind, and then you'll find someone else to go after.

At the end of the day, I don't know you. My life is great. So **** you bro. Peace out cubscouts.
<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE

Last edited by talzerotwo; 07-05-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Rihannsu
# 24
07-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Honestly, even though I love playing my Klingon.. Klingon side of the game just feels like P2W central... If it ain't P2W.. your doing it wrong.

And I hate it.. cause it means that the Feds that don't like fighting that sort of thing will que up for FvK less. But of course this is the wrong thread for this..

KDF Side any fleet I'm in, I'll play Fair regardless and not use P2W. You REALLY don't need it.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Banned
# 25
07-05-2012, 06:12 PM
FSI also banned AMS in arenas, even when pugging, and generally we encourage people to not use other P2W consoles.
We also instruct our members to not leave arenas when pugging against a premade.
Captain
# 26
07-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Noca Core is so funny... are they not the fleet that is most directly responsible for the AMS immunity. I don't remember any other fleet I ever played against the could so expertly time the AMS cho cho train. Noca Core is THE Ams fleet... don't be made at the forum loud mouths for point out your fleet is well known as such.

Anyway peace out bro.
Career Officer
# 27
07-05-2012, 06:21 PM
The way I see it as a pugger:
  • I see people whine about P2W who are using phasers, with all phaser teams.
  • I see people spamming danubes compain about graviton pulse (which at least has a significant cooldown)
  • Most of the ques seems to use AMS, etc.
  • Pretty much all FvK is Klingon console/fighter spam

As a sci/sci, what is fair to use? Is the concern with P2W just the cost or is it that the abilities have no reasonable counter? Is the concern only among a couple of vocal PVP fleets (and/or those that can't afford the consoles) or is it truly community wide?

I'm honestly curious to know - I play a sci and several of the consoles play into the build theme...but I really don't want to be a jerk.
Rihannsu
# 28
07-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintsat View Post
  • I see people spamming danubes compain about graviton pulse (which at least has a significant cooldown)

As a sci/sci, what is fair to use? Is the concern with P2W just the cost or is it that the abilities have no reasonable counter? Is the concern only among a couple of vocal PVP fleets (and/or those that can't afford the consoles) or is it truly community wide?

I'm honestly curious to know - I play a sci and several of the consoles play into the build theme...but I really don't want to be a jerk.
LOL QFT, also consoles are P2W, but Doffs and Lockbox ships are fair game
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Career Officer
# 29
07-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
Noca Core is so funny... are they not the fleet that is most directly responsible for the AMS immunity. I don't remember any other fleet I ever played against the could so expertly time the AMS cho cho train. Noca Core is THE Ams fleet... don't be made at the forum loud mouths for point out your fleet is well known as such.

Anyway peace out bro.
You funny man. Nothing else I say to you will matter otherwise; so **** you too bro .

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintsat View Post

You bring up an excellent point. Depends on who you ask though, phasers are in a sense op. On one person, not so much, on 4 to 5 people in a team, yeah probably.

People might say the same thing about scramble sensors or the subsystem procs. But how many people really spec at least 6 points into subsystem repair to counteract phasers, or spec at least 6 points into scramble resist. Not many people do, although I do. It does explain my crap dps.

In cases such as that things are either op, or people don't want to take away skill points from certain parts of their build to compensate. I fly two different setups if im fvfing or fvking (spam clearing)

As the primary healer I can't afford to be subsystem proc'ed and on someone else's 'tricobalt launch time'. Can't really afford to be scrambled either, even by a SS1. I'm specced out full defense, but even then things like theta or graviton pulse can swing me 50/50 if it's a stalemate.

P2W is what you call it personally. As a sci captain using sci skills though, fly whatever you want. imo the sci abilities are underpowered in the sense that most people have resists to tb, tbr, energy drain. So use what sci abilities most atm aren't specced to resist. There looks to be a reasonable counterbalance.
<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE

Last edited by talzerotwo; 07-05-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Ensign
# 30
07-05-2012, 07:08 PM
I myself speak for
Alpha legion,
Were a new fleet that has just started focusing on premades and pvp. luckily we have good teachers at the moment (Thank you all pandas), and have come leaps and bounds from where we were(much room for improvement still )

But to the op, we're run clean no question, no p2w in pvp outside the fleet.
All pve and in house pvp spamm the crap as much as you like, we all have it, it sits there in our banks gathering dust, but you got to ask yourselves do you need it?

We're doing well with out it..... And we're new....

I believe one of the pandas in a previous post mentioned a pve fleet turning pvp and I think he means us... He pugged and ended up on a team of 4 that spammed everything under the sun, we had 3 new fleet member that had NEVER Pvpd and that was what they ran into, guess what they though they needed to be competitive?

Myself as fleet leader didn't make the rules, the elders in my fleet did, we keep it clean to make it enjoyable, winning isn everything but it is better than loosing but at what cost....

Ripping apart a pug so bad he never comes back to pvp?

Were resilient...and we will be back, not nice when the people using the crap gloat they beat a premade in opvp..... Remember this it's not you it's your op consoles.

We wont run it and I believe the highly respected fleets should not promote it either

Alpha legion leader
Mikey

Last edited by mikey20133; 07-05-2012 at 07:12 PM.