Starfleet Veteran
# 1 TO ALL - PvP MEETING
07-05-2012, 10:06 AM
I know several things have been tried in the past to try and unify (please excuse my spelling left school over 20 years ago ;p) all the fleets that pvp as premades, hell even if fleet members go pug.

I know, and im sure you all do, the thread Naz set up "fleet directory" where each fleet posted their contact details, time zones etc etc, and the latest one 4monkeys set up to try and unify the community. Can we all of us just arrange a meeting place in game on a set date to say what is acceptable and what is not in regards to stuff used in pre-mades and hell even if we go pug?

The way I see it, is that the majority of pvp'ers all belong to a fleet of some sort, so if the majority all stick to the outcome of propposed meeting, would that not mean that the majority of the PvP community are keeping it within the agreements, spreading the word to other pvp'ers old and new.

Majority of pvp comunity following agreement = more and more enjoyable matches = more and more pvp'ers

So lets all say sod it, bury grudges if any, man up, attend meeting, follow out come of meeting.

I proppose set the meeting one month from now, give everyone plenty of notice to ensure they can attend:

1) Max of three members per fleet attends,
2) If not in a fleet come on your own,
3) Items that can be used in pvp all voted on, simple aye or nay, vote carries forward,

It really is as simple as that. If you all care about PvP in STO then lets at least give it a shot, the more that sign up, the more chance of this succeding. Yea there are gonna be idiots that sod it ill use what ever, but the majority CAN make a differnce.

Hell ill even host the meeting if needed, just say the word.

PLEASE REPLY ONLY IF YOU ARE IN FAVOUR AND AT LEAST WANT TO GIVE IT A TRY
Tex says...... hey

Last edited by mettlemicky; 07-05-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Lieutenant
# 2
07-05-2012, 10:09 AM
I love u tex

Captain
# 3
07-05-2012, 10:24 AM
And all you're going to get are the people trying to resolve the issues, not the ones causing them.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Career Officer
# 4
07-05-2012, 11:47 AM
is it possible to do this in forums or maybe do it as well in forums? times zones and life is being a ***** as far as reps go
<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
Captain
# 5
07-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Good luck with that. Lets be honest you are forgetting the troll factor. Some of us just like to watch the world bur... uh I mean. No one is going to ever agree on everything... such is the way of life. If a "ruling" council tries to invoke a rules to live by accord... it will die shortly after. When the first fleet or one person decides it might be fun to watch people fight.

I for one DO NOT want everyone to get along... what the HeDoubeHockeysticks will I do for fun then.

FIGHT fight FIGHT. Its more entertaining.
Career Officer
# 6
07-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mettlemicky View Post
I know several things have been tried in the past to try and unify (please excuse my spelling left school over 20 years ago ;p) all the fleets that pvp as premades, hell even if fleet members go pug.

I know, and im sure you all do, the thread Naz set up "fleet directory" where each fleet posted their contact details, time zones etc etc, and the latest one 4monkeys set up to try and unify the community. Can we all of us just arrange a meeting place in game on a set date to say what is acceptable and what is not in regards to stuff used in pre-mades and hell even if we go pug?

The way I see it, is that the majority of pvp'ers all belong to a fleet of some sort, so if the majority all stick to the outcome of propposed meeting, would that not mean that the majority of the PvP community are keeping it within the agreements, spreading the word to other pvp'ers old and new.

Majority of pvp comunity following agreement = more and more enjoyable matches = more and more pvp'ers

So lets all say sod it, bury grudges if any, man up, attend meeting, follow out come of meeting.

I proppose set the meeting one month from now, give everyone plenty of notice to ensure they can attend:

1) Max of three members per fleet attends,
2) If not in a fleet come on your own,
3) Items that can be used in pvp all voted on, simple aye or nay, vote carries forward,

It really is as simple as that. If you all care about PvP in STO then lets at least give it a shot, the more that sign up, the more chance of this succeding. Yea there are gonna be idiots that sod it ill use what ever, but the majority CAN make a differnce.

Hell ill even host the meeting if needed, just say the word.

PLEASE REPLY ONLY IF YOU ARE IN FAVOUR AND AT LEAST WANT TO GIVE IT A TRY
Sorry but im going to reply anyway, no offense intended:

But the funny thing is, half or more @ organizedpvp or people that regularly pvp is not bond to ANY fleet what so ever. They keep pugging and stuff. Because of this I doubt this thing you want to try and setup will never ever work.

You said it yourself, people already tried this.

From what I can see, the only real solution for a single player perspective is to get better @ PvP. Improve yourself and see how magically it works vs spam, p2w and other stuff.

I'd say the pvp community isnt as divided as people think to believe. There are some rotten apples there ofcourse which try to go up against all what we believe in, and that actually actively try to divide the community. I'd say, it wont work for them either. The majority of the pvpers (For whatever thats worth) will eventually come in contact with the longer term and reasonable pvpers and they will get indoctrinated with our magix hax!
Career Officer
# 7
07-05-2012, 12:27 PM
i really do like the idea of a monthly meeting, but honestly. i dont think itll get you anywhere.

until cryptic itself starts to make balance changes nothing is going to matter for pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Its been done before then some *******s think its fine to use it anyway then tsi uses it and then people cry anyhow.. endless crying. I dont like pay2win dont play it but I really dont care if my fleetmates use it because most people are hypocrits anyhow.
Noone.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
07-05-2012, 01:04 PM
Ok read all your posts, and get the jist. Hey cant blame someone for trying. So I guess its just down to each individual to do what they think is right.

Still gonna pew pew and see how many I can take out b4 the wave of spam comes and the players pets get one over on me...... I kinda enjoy saying "good game pet, teach ya host how to pvp" ;p

thanks for response all
Tex says...... hey
Career Officer
# 10
07-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorandra View Post
Its been done before then some *******s think its fine to use it anyway then tsi uses it and then people cry anyhow.. endless crying. I dont like pay2win dont play it but I really dont care if my fleetmates use it because most people are hypocrits anyhow.
zorenada did u really needed all those p2w stuff and sci spam zorena then'P{
?