Commander
Hello all,
I'm planning for a disruptor build for the Mat'ha raptor I'm going to buy on Tuesday. I have some Elachi cresent dual heavies lying around, and I noticed they don't have two procs. Just the one: 2.5% chance to bypass 100% of enemy shields and 50% of damage resistance. Which is a great proc. In fact in a way it seems like two procs in one... but I wonder:

Is it better than, say, Biomolecular disruptors?

They have: the standard disruptor proc (2.5% chance to reduce damage resistance) AND biomolecular proc (2.5% chance to slow down, and therefore further lower the damage resistance of, the enemy.
Thoughts on which is better for overall DPS kill power, assuming everything else being equal?
Thanks!

If you like Foundry missions, try mine here!
Captain
# 2
10-11-2014, 05:25 PM
Elachis are best for PVP.
Afaik normal Dis are better for pve.
Captain
# 3
10-11-2014, 05:42 PM
Standard Disruptors are best in all situations including PvP.

Bio Ms are fine... they will do a slight amount less dmg as all 2 mod weapons do. My suggestion would be if your running cannons to run the Bio M Heavy Turret + a Bio M turret with Standards Disruptor DHC... the only thing an elachi may be ok for is a DBB for overloads... frankly even then Standard Disruptor is just as good. The chances of scoring an elachi proc on an overload is low... you will see at best one every 30-40 Overload shots if that.

The only other viable option is if Your KDF E Disruptors... which in PvE won't be a big deal but are nice in PvP.
Captain
# 4
10-11-2014, 06:57 PM
Neither.

Everyone who knows what's what in PVP tanks against disruptors.
I AM WAR.
Commander
# 5
10-11-2014, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heckgoblin View Post
Neither.

Everyone who knows what's what in PVP tanks against disruptors.
It might be too late to get many more responses, but I should have clarified that I only PVE, never PVP. So this will only be again NPCs. So what disruptor proc is better now?

If you like Foundry missions, try mine here!
Captain
# 6
10-11-2014, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djf021 View Post
It might be too late to get many more responses, but I should have clarified that I only PVE, never PVP. So this will only be again NPCs. So what disruptor proc is better now?
Standard or bio, maybe polarized. Most NPCs are giant bags of HP with relatively limited shielding, so for PVE its whatever kills hulls fastest. Standard are probably more efficient, but I enjoy the bio proc (particularly with the set bonus boosting it). Polarized maybe if you're also running Plasmonic Leech and a LOT of Flow Capacitors, which in tandem is enough to knock weaker subsystems out whenever you get a proc. Elachi is for punching through super-hardened shields, that mostly is just a player-ship thing.