Ensign
# 151
03-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
I would use human boffs in the mean time. the extra hull regen rate is nice.

The rest of you build is ok. most of the tweaks in your build are more personal preference. Plasmas only advantage is cost and embassy Consoles. The Zero Point Energy Conduit works well with the Romulan Hyper-Plasma Torpedo Launcher. I assume you are still waiting for it in the rep system. In the mean time the ap weapons you have are fine. With the investment you already made the real question is are you going to keep building your ap or is it too much and worth switching over and rebuilding. (I know I built mine one peace at a time starting with borg weapons as well) Both options are legit at the moment. Keep in mind that plasma is only the biggest weapon at the moment and as they expand the game the other will probably get more perks. Plasma was first. who knows maybe we will get a sci ap console in a future fleet holding,

Yeah, I have 3 Human and 2 Saurian boffs, the hull regen is great when I end up with aggro to much.

Which tweeks would you make to the build I have? I just wondering, I like to keep an open mind for things of this nature.

As for the Romulan Hyper-Plasma Torpedo Launcher, Tier 3 finishes today so not to much longer.

As for the change to Plasma, it's not like I don't have ships to spare or Boffs to spare to play around with it. Just the start up cost which isn't too bad since I can still sell lockbox ships I have in my bank (and not the mirror universe ones, lol).
Starfleet Veteran
# 152
03-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orinz View Post
when I end up with aggro to much
The only thing I would do is swap out the csv with crf. this will reduce your agro. Efficient officers don't do enough for me. With 2 efficient officers that only adds about 2 or 3 power to the 2 at 25 and maybe 1 to the one at 50. The right doff can make a difference though.
Ensign
# 153
03-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
The only thing I would do is swap out the csv with crf. this will reduce your agro. Efficient officers don't do enough for me. With 2 efficient officers that only adds about 2 or 3 power to the 2 at 25 and maybe 1 to the one at 50. The right doff can make a difference though.
As for Plasma setup, are the [Acc] [Crtd]x2 also for the Dual beam bank and Turrets?

Also, what are the thoughts on the Romulan Plasma weapons?
Rihannsu
# 154
03-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Quote:
As for Plasma setup, are the [Acc] [Crtd]x2 also for the Dual beam bank and Turrets?

It really depends on the kind of build you are going for. You see there are two distinct builds most "pro" players develop. The builds being PvE & PvP loadouts. The Romulan Plasma are tops right now for PvE but you will get face-planted in PvP with them.

Join the preeminent Romulan community now!

Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan
(member #124)
Starfleet Veteran
# 155
03-09-2013, 12:56 AM
Quote:

I use [Acc] [CrtD]x2 because I feel that my dhcs can benefit more from the crit and with crf increasing the number ofshot that means I will crit more often. When I use my dbb I used [Acc] [CriH]x2 because with a 4 second salvo I wanted to increase my odds of criting for when I used Bo3. The Turrets I would go with [Acc]x2 [CrtD]. I wanted the increased accuracy because they fire 360 and if I needed to deal with fighters or high yeild plasma torps I knew I was more likely to hit them. I also chose [Crtd] over [CrtH] on the turrets since they are also affected by crf.

I always chose the modifier based on what the weapon was and what I wanted to do with them which is the reason for the difference.

As far as the Romulan plasma weapons are concerned I like the idea but since I already have all mk xii purple weapons it was hard to justify the dilithium to get them. If you do not have the weapons already they yes the disrupter proc is a fair trade off for one modifier. If I were to buy them they would be the same modifiers except for the x2 part.

As far as weapon performance is concerned each npc has different resistances. For example: at the end of cure space if I am fully buffed up it is not uncommon for my dhcs with crf3 running top crit at 20000 damage on a single shot according to the combat log. however on a cube the best I can crit is 10000 damage per shot. with a 15% crit chance at a global level it happens often. 10000 would be the norm. For some npcs it is less.

A bit more info on the crit
The other nice thing is that crtd stacks with no diminishing returns. CrtD on a global level gets applied to each weapon. since that is at about 80% already the crtdx2 of +50 on the dhc is added to it making my severity of +130. mecause I have +175 plasma damage the raw dps of each shot is that much higher for the 130% crit severity with my 15% chance of it happening meaning about 1 in 7 shots will.
Captain
# 156
03-09-2013, 03:40 AM
If you want a high spike damage build, 3 projectile officers, Front 2 DHC/DC of your choice, rear turrets, and front romulan hyper plasma and omega torpedoes. Disruptors or Antiprotons recommended.

Having Two High yield and Rapid fires is recommended. Spam the romulan torpedoes, and use the High yield for Energy bolts. Use the omega torpedo when the Romulan is on cooldown (this should also prevent the omega from depleting).

Using Attack patterns Alpha and Omega plus Tactical Fleet, Go down Fightning and Mark Target will give even elite tactical cubes a very, very, very bad day.

Using romulan boffs with critical chance bonus and using critical chance romulan reputation path also helps.

Use of the Adapted Omega/Honour guard set is best.

As for consoles, the same as the OP's, but the Romulan threat reducing consoles are a great addition for additional longevity.

I have had this build pretty much take down 1/3 of a tactical elite cube's health.
Ensign
# 157
03-09-2013, 12:40 PM
robdmc, in your Energy loadout screenshot you have two Romulan boffs, a couple of questions - Do the traits stack correctly? Are they both the Rare and Male versions or different? The female one says it's a different amount on the Crit and was wondering if you have used it.
From what I can tell from other posters in the forums that its really the normal version, Non-Superior version.
Starfleet Veteran
# 158
03-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Quote:
robdmc, in your Energy loadout screenshot you have two Romulan boffs, a couple of questions - Do the traits stack correctly? Are they both the Rare and Male versions or different? The female one says it's a different amount on the Crit and was wondering if you have used it.
From what I can tell from other posters in the forums that its really the normal version, Non-Superior version.
At the time of the energy build the traits were not stack-able. Currently they do stack and I use 3 with the superior trait. Only the rare male requisition has this trait at this time.
Starfleet Veteran
Ensign
# 160
03-15-2013, 02:34 PM
robdmc, you stated earlier in the thread that I should beable to unlock the Anti-Proton ship weapons once I hit tier 5, how do you go about doing that? Is it listed under a different name and such?