Lt. Commander
# 241
05-15-2013, 11:48 AM
In regards to the DHC vs DC, I may have to go back to possibly recommending DC's for people just getting started and/or those with limited resources. Based on the numbers that were compiled, the DHC's only seem to have a very slight edge over the DC's. However, the DHC's on the exchange right now are much more expensive than the DC's (especially at higher levels, i.e. mk XII Purple) . Just a thought.

In regards to using 2xDHC's and 1DC, I guess it's just a personal preference. I have no evidence or data proving that it is better.

In regards to updating things when the romulan expansion starts...yes. I will have to edit the thread and likely put a separate part for the Romulans as their setups are a bit different. It will happen slowly but surely. (I do work full-time).
Career Officer
# 242
05-15-2013, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgorillapx View Post
...Based on the numbers that were compiled, the DHC's only seem to have a very slight edge over the DC's. However, the DHC's on the exchange right now are much more expensive than the DC's...
You make good point. If we agree DHC are better, they aren't that much better that their price may suggest. So having some DCs to be frugal isn't a bad idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgorillapx View Post
In regards to using 2xDHC's and 1DC, I guess it's just a personal preference...
PvE STFs are steamroller easy after a while... Being even 20% more/less effective is not typically going to cost you the Optional, much less the whole Mission. Might take you a 2 minutes longer, but still totally doable and enjoyable. I'm Rep-leveling a couple toons now that still have white Mk X gear, because I don't want to waste any resources until I can buy "the best" Purple MK XII stuff. If I get a suitable green or blue drop, I'll throw that in. It's a little patchwork, but they pull their own weight, the team doesn't fail, and we're having a good time. This is just a game after all!

I have another build, that uses one of those C-Store Quad-Heavy Cannons, DHC, and DC up front (turrets in the back), just cuz I like the look of all those different sized/timed blobs of energy spraying out the front (especially when using CSV), lol. It's hellacool and melts whatever's in front. No prob.

Spec well, get good DPS, sure. But don't forget to have fun!

When XP earnings during a Double-XP Weekend still feel like I'm underperforming,
there's something terribly wrong with the reward system...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. RIP Terry Pratchett. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Lt. Commander
# 243
05-23-2013, 09:33 AM
Well after playing around a bit in the new expansion, it looks like I've got some changes to make. I will make some recommendations in regards to traits first, as it will become a bigger part of the game now.
Lieutenant
# 244
05-23-2013, 10:04 AM
Very interested to see what you come up with. Can't wait to spend some time sharpening my weapon of choice (Mirror Qin Heavy Raptor)
Addicted: January 2012

batlh QIH 'ej!
Starfleet Veteran
# 245
05-23-2013, 12:40 PM
Spheres are zippier now so acc might be more important
Lt. Commander
# 246
05-25-2013, 07:20 AM
They sure as hell are. Those little bastards escape gravity wells and use EP2E with very little cooldown.
Lieutenant
# 247
05-25-2013, 12:58 PM
Well at least there is still eject warp plasma. even the measly tier 1 has a decent immobilisation if a more maneuverable ship can afford the engi slot to skill it in. And TBR can also be utilised in the hands of a competent captain for shoving the small stuff away when needed.
---------------
We are many. We are legion. We are the proud, the bad, the infinitely expendable.
We! Are RED SHIRTS!
...Tremble in thy footwear.
528th fleet
Lt. Commander
# 248
05-27-2013, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by espiritas View Post
Well at least there is still eject warp plasma. even the measly tier 1 has a decent immobilisation if a more maneuverable ship can afford the engi slot to skill it in. And TBR can also be utilised in the hands of a competent captain for shoving the small stuff away when needed.

This will make the [Vent Theta Radiation] console much more valuable.
Lt. Commander
# 249
05-27-2013, 12:40 PM
I have updated the original post to include warp core information. (I haven't included singualrity cores yet). I also added the new "Pirate" space trait. (originally a ground trait until Legacy of Romulus) Updated this on STOWiki as well.

Last edited by xgorillapx; 05-29-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 250
05-29-2013, 12:11 PM
Anything else that would be useful for the OP? (other than romulan-specific stuff.)