Ensign
# 1 Doff critical awards
07-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Sooo... im getting these critical rewards for certain missions that SAY they buff certain stats. How exactly do i tell what stat went higher? Is there somewhere i can see exactly what stat changes were made from this success? Or do i not even HAVE the upgraded stat yet? Do i have to pick the new stat up from somewhere else? So confused about critical success missions right now.
Commander
# 2
07-06-2012, 06:13 AM
When it crits you get a buff for your ship/char, it states exactly what it does
Captain
# 3
07-06-2012, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoroon View Post
When it crits you get a buff for your ship/char, it states exactly what it does
The poster doesn't know where to look for it though. I think that;s what they're asking about.

The buff is automatic. You don't have to do anything to pick it up. Just claim the assignment when it;s done.

When you looking at your screen while you're a person, look at the health bars at the upper left. You'll see little icons underneath them. Hover over those to see your current buffs.

When you;re in your starship, the icons are above your shield display at the bottom middle.

Hope this helps
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
07-06-2012, 06:38 AM
The crit buff begins when you accept the completed mission & collect the rewards. You can see a little icon attached to your ship or character icon (depending on space/ground buff). It will have a countdown timer as well, and and only shows when you're in the area for the buff. Meaning, you will see a ground buff when you're on the ground, space buff when you're in space.

The countdown starts immediately, and runs whether you're in space or on the ground, so it can be prudent to wait until you're going to be able to use it in combat before you accept the completed mission, if you so desire.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
Captain
# 5
07-06-2012, 11:06 AM
The crit skill bonuses appear as buffs for your character. In space, look at the status window of your ship (ship outline with shield strength circle, etc). The active buffs (and debuffs) show as icons on the top of that window. You can find out what the buff is by hold the mouse cursor over the icon. The icons will also show time remaining for the effect. For ground skills, look at your character's status window. The buff/debuff icons will show.

And the skill bonuses will be related to the what the DOFF assignment is about. For example, Engineering assignments about your Warp Core will results in a skill bonus for Starship Warp Core Potential.
Ensign
# 6
07-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Ugh. Alright, i guess i thought they were permanent buffs. Oops, ill remember that for next time i guess.
Captain
# 7
07-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjnd View Post
Ugh. Alright, i guess i thought they were permanent buffs. Oops, ill remember that for next time i guess.
Aren;t most of them like 2 hours of gameplay?

There's a little timer under the icon.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Captain
# 8
07-07-2012, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
Aren;t most of them like 2 hours of gameplay?

There's a little timer under the icon.
Most of them are two hours. and they freezing when you are not logged in, just like tribble-buffs. However, you can pick them up again and have them buffing you almost all the time if you find them.

P.S. theapparatus... Love your avatar

Last edited by kyeto13; 07-08-2012 at 03:10 AM.