Lt. Commander
# 1 Armitage Missing Type 6 Skin.
07-05-2012, 11:18 PM
As the title says, the Armitage is now missing the Type 6 skin. I had it when I bought it and could use the Type 6 skin in conjunction with my Thunderchild. Just wondering why this is happening?

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-06-2012, 03:28 AM
Confirmed; my Armitage still has Type 6 active, but the ship customisation window only has Type 1-4 as an option.
--------------
We are PWE. Your forums and game accounts will be added to our own. Your community will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
07-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Just checked this and only skin types 1-4 are showing.

Last edited by jounar1701; 07-06-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Commander
# 4
07-08-2012, 12:07 AM
I've been wondering about this as well, as I just renamed my Armitage Class vessel the other day and had a hankering to also switch to the really white hull material, which I believe is 'Type 6' skin?

I'm fairly sure that I ended up switching from Type 3 to Type 1. Yet, I'm really hoping they bring back that Type 6 skin soon, as I recall it being the default skin for the ship itself.
"Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
methos71
Career Officer
# 5
07-08-2012, 12:20 AM
as a workaround until they get to fixing this - drop all your gear into your inventory, discharge and reclaim the ship. You will then have the default type 6 skin again. re-gear and away you go.

In Game: @Liath | STO Join Date: Jan 2012 | PWE Join Date: Feb 2009
Career Officer
# 6
07-08-2012, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiledon View Post
as a workaround until they get to fixing this - drop all your gear into your inventory, discharge and reclaim the ship. You will then have the default type 6 skin again. re-gear and away you go.
I just tried this, it didn't work. My re-purchased Armitage is still sporting the type 1 hull material instead of type 6.
Commander
# 7
07-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiledon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by intrinsical View Post
I just tried this, it didn't work. My re-purchased Armitage is still sporting the type 1 hull material instead of type 6.
I was going to suggest a less drastic possible solution. If I recall correctly, the last time I went to the ship tailor, to the leftmost of the options screen there are preset ship configuration options, the first among them being 'Armitage'. I seem to recall clicking on that option and also recall that it reverted my ship back to its default appearance (with the Type 6, white material, and black stripes and accents). Yet, at the time, I decided against this 'cause I was feeling lazy and didn't want to go through the process of customizing colors and patterns all over again.

I'll give that another try, when I log into the game, later on today, and then report whether or not this option proves successful.
"Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
methos71
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-08-2012, 01:16 PM
I'd like to add I can also select but 1 window type, type 4. Whenever I try to select a different type, it automatically switches back to type 4. Has anyone else had any problems with this?
Don't fall for the fake advertising: Guild Wars 2 is a WoW clone and a poor one too.
Commander
# 9
07-08-2012, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by methos71 View Post
I was going to suggest a less drastic possible solution. If I recall correctly, the last time I went to the ship tailor, to the leftmost of the options screen there are preset ship configuration options, the first among them being 'Armitage'. I seem to recall clicking on that option and also recall that it reverted my ship back to its default appearance (with the Type 6, white material, and black stripes and accents). Yet, at the time, I decided against this 'cause I was feeling lazy and didn't want to go through the process of customizing colors and patterns all over again.

I'll give that another try, when I log into the game, later on today, and then report whether or not this option proves successful.
Well, that didn't work either. I just tried it with ESD's ship tailor to no avail. When I clicked on the 'Armitage' template', it reverted back to the black stripes and accents, but with Material 1, granting no option for Material 6. Not the original default Armitage template at all it seems (as I recall the default featuring Material 6, the toothpaste white option).

As far as the lack of windows options, I'm fairly sure it's sadly been that way since I acquired my Armitage, a few days after its release.
methos71
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-08-2012, 06:02 PM
I came across a Dev on Tribble and asked about this bug and he said it was already fixed and should be in one of the patches real soon.