Empire Veteran
# 21
07-08-2012, 04:58 AM
I've experienced it once so far, so I'm wondering why you get insulted all the time. I even get congratulations from time to time, so people aren't that aggressive.

When you play a stf, it's not easy to play well and to teach someone some rules about it at the same time, honnestly. I have no time for this. At the end of the STF, when I see major flaws in a player's build, I'll tell him that he has issues with that but I won't give lessons, I'm not here for that, but when you see a sci/eng dying against a tactical cube or the gate in infected space elite, there is definitely a problem with the build. It's not even the gear, most of the times, it is just a terrible bridge officer layout (eg : no 2x tactical teams, boarding parties, engineering teams, etc). Most of the gear is OK for elite, even a green one, but you have to know your ship and have a decent BO build.

There isn't one way to win STFs but there isn't 15 either, and in some there is indeed only one way allowing to get the optional objective.

All I can say is if people don't like pugs, they shouldn't play with pugs, because half of them will have those terrible bridge officers layouts I mentionned, it's a fact, and we can't do much about that. But if you play elite, an effort wouldn't kill you either, and a good STF build will be ok for any other situation - maybe not the best in pvp but that's your problem.
Empire Veteran
# 22
07-08-2012, 05:02 AM
EliteSTF channel is your friend.
http://i.imgur.com/RVocq.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdrake View Post
EliteSTF channel is your friend.
If you prefer your friends to be egomaniacs and just generally terrible, sure.
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
07-08-2012, 11:06 AM
The problem is that STFs by design, are problems solved by specific solutions. Until Cryptic decides to not only make them soloable, and compatible with the Boff AI, you're gonna have to deal with the wonderful, diversity, of the STO player base. This is why I just don't play STFs. They're a crapshoot.
Captain
# 25
07-08-2012, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drasketo View Post
You realize that one of their mods are going to come along and write at some length about how wrong you are, right?
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
07-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Merely putting "elite" into the title makes it clear they are NOT worth looking at for most people

remember folks "Elite" in a game context tends to mean "bully"
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
You realize that one of their mods are going to come along and write at some length about how wrong you are, right?
If one of those "fine folks" wishes to come prove my point for me, they are more than welcome to.

Seriously, though, Id stay away from that place. Since "Episode Three: the Return of the Admins" the atmosphere, and almost more importantly (since, if you set a few key people to ignore, most of the problem is no longer visible) the quality has gone straight down the tubes.

Most of the time when someone in one of the groups of people I typically do these with fills up a team with people from that channel, it turns into a headache. 9 times out of 10 you get people who cannot read, refuse to read, or seem to be on a mission to make the quality of random PUG queues look good.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-08-2012, 07:56 PM
I don't think Return of the Admins has anything to do with player quality, I think that's more to do with the fact there are 3.5k players in.

It's the biggest channel for recruiting people for elite stfs (hence the 'Elite' in the name) and player skill/attitude in an stf is not an entry requirement. As such, it's one of the easiest places to fill a private game from but what you get is indeed a crapshoot.
Having trouble with ground STFs? Looking for help?

Join the STFHelp channel
Empire Veteran
# 29
07-08-2012, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drasketo View Post
If you like playing stf with leavers. If you like running stf with 3 people who don't teamwork. If you like playing with griefers or aggressive people. I wonder it's your own business. And so then elitestf channel is not for you.
http://i.imgur.com/RVocq.jpg
Lieutenant
# 30
07-08-2012, 11:25 PM
I have quit doing them altogether