Ensign
# 1 Alternative leveling way
07-04-2012, 03:00 AM
This is my third character that I've create (after 2 different tactical characters), and it is a Engineer, but I'm very bored to level this character at the same way of the other two.

The only things that I know is that for leveling the only way to go is the Story Line (Klingon -> Romulan -> Cardassian -> Borg -> etc). It's really boring to do it for the third time!

So, my question is: there are other way to leveling? I don't know, for example to run exploration missions, distress calls, or patroling systems??

You who have more than one character, as you did this?
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
07-04-2012, 06:18 AM
There are enough missions for leveling that for my second character I have been skipping the ones I don't like. I just finished he Romulan arc at lvl 42 or so, so that seems to work fine.

I have a third character a KDF engineer, who right now is has gained a few levels just from doing DoFF missions.

I'll play that 3rd one more once my second is of STF level, then I will have a tact, a sci, and an eng.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
07-04-2012, 06:33 AM
Try levelling with nothing but the Doff system.

It's ... exciting :p

I did this with an alt I was leveling on the side while playing my main.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
07-04-2012, 06:39 AM
I recenty made up a new fed engineer and RP'd him like he was a true explorer and just patroled all the planets in the game and I got to level 50 before I finished the Alpha centauri sector. My course started in the Sirius Sector, moved to Regulus, then to Eta Eridani and then to Pi Canis. I also did a few explore missions in Delta Volanis and the Hromi cluster and did some Dilithium grinding. All this without doing and mission past the Azura mission(basically I thought I couldn't live without the comm to the Azura II).
Also have to add that Doff'n also levels you up A LOT! and it was really fun and made the game seem like it had a behind the curtain feel to it.
Q: [quoting Hartley] "Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays..."
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-04-2012, 06:59 AM
Between Doffs,clusters,patrols,redalerts etcetc its doable but keep throwing some story missions in there in case you want some of higher tier missions
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
07-04-2012, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalo View Post
Between Doffs,clusters,patrols,redalerts etcetc its doable but keep throwing some story missions in there in case you want some of higher tier missions
Well, you can always "skip" story missions, so the next ones get unlocked if your level is high enough.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Captain
# 7
07-04-2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Well, you can always "skip" story missions, so the next ones get unlocked if your level is high enough.
You have to do that with some of the missions as they're broken.

Could always do just those patrol and defend missions as well. With my main, I did all those that I could find and hit 50 by the end of the Klingon series.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Ensign
# 8
07-04-2012, 08:33 AM
The first thing I've did is the trainer mission (the first mission where your ship was attacked by Borg) to boost the lore rpg! When I become a Official Lieutenant, I do only the SS Azura rescue mission. Later I don't play the story line mission, but I will run only exploration missions, patrol and after level 7 I will start with Doff assgn.

I hope that this way to leveling isn't hard to reach lvl 50, but I'm very bored to redoing the story line mission (for the third time).

I will try this way. Thanks guys!
Career Officer
# 9
07-05-2012, 05:36 PM
You could try leveling via pvp.

It would be slow, but no two pvp matches are ever the same, and it will build up slowly your experience in the game, so that if you ever decide to try VA pvp you will have more solid grounding than people jumping in after only pve'ing.
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.
Captain
# 10
07-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Ker'rat used to be pretty good for leveling, but haven't done that in a while(just starting second Fed toon). Leveling via only DOff'ing takes quite a while, but only requires a few minutes of your time each session. Most daily missions aren't too hard, and most reward dilithium along with the Exp you get, so hitting those can be a good choice.

The last toon I brought up KDF side, I mostly did Empire Defense daily missions and DOff'ing, only bothering to do a few missions with good gear rewards. Did that up until hitting 44/45, gaining the ability to do proper STFs. Note: STFs give surprisingly little Exp, DOff'ing and Red Alerts is most of what leveled me from 44 up to 50.