Career Officer
# 41
07-07-2012, 02:08 AM
and this was...where? because I can't find it. nor does any of that make sense. no 'new team' is necessary. they built everything else without one. and where are all these people they have hired? massive amount of time? No. its missions and reskins of existing systems. the faction framework is already there. If it takes a 'massive amount of time' to do something like they did with the KDF i'd start wondering whats really going on. and paid? nobodys ever said such a release was going to be paid. Players suggested it. this is a free to play game. now owned by a company that explicitly has stated they do NOT charge for content. so that in itself makes me question anything you said here[/quote]

ANSWER IS HERE :

http://www.gatesofstovokor.com/?p=453

And when you look into it deeply :

The only way we?ll ever get there is if we spin up an entirely separate team of content designers to go back and make a few years? worth of content and release it as an expansion.

So there is your answer
Ensign
# 42 fleet ground base
07-07-2012, 07:19 AM
in the future could we hope to see a fleet ground base just like we have a fleet starbase ?
Republic Veteran
# 43
07-07-2012, 07:32 AM
In regards to my question. I feel that waiting till season 7, to fix something that has annoyed the player base since the STF Revamp, is a bad decision. Similar to the increase in fleet cap. There have been fleets asking for an increase for over a year and a half that I personally recall, the call for it now will be higher, pushing it off more is a bad decision especially with a Fleet Centric update. These fixes, and other things, are some things that I don't feel can wait for another season. As it stands if a free to play player finds themselves still at game at endgame, they will probably be turned off by a luck of the draw mechanic.

We have nothing. Nothing but our anger. We will take that spark and start a fire which will become a great conflagration!
Ensign
# 44
07-07-2012, 09:18 AM
No other faction can be added until they at least finish the other faction they already gave up on, KDF!

Nice to see the king of spin doing what he does best.

You spin me right round, right round, like a record baby.....

Vice Admiral Five: Federation Patrol Alliance (Personal Alt Fleet).
Captain Shakira: Ferasan Shadow Force.
Career Officer
# 45
07-07-2012, 09:21 AM
"Q: (deewbot) How does it feel to know you have made one of the GREATEST MMO?s of all time? Because it is in fact my all-time favorite? Also I have to ask ? Kirk or Picard?

Dstahl: It feels pretty awesome. Working on this game is a dream come true. I?m looking forward to seeing where this ship can take us and hopefully history will remember us well.

And it should be rather obvious? 100% Kirk"

False! It's all about Sisko!

Also, what about sectors that exist in different time periods? You know so we could make use of our TOS Constitution.
Captain_Conrad
STO Start Date: March 2010
June 2012, assimilated into the PWE collective. Resistance is futile.
Career Officer
# 46
07-07-2012, 10:27 AM
Are we ever going to get real Star Trek Music in game, besides using my own mp3 player?
Career Officer
# 47
07-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawks3052 View Post
Nothing really interesting. No questions on the KDF were included and many possible or perhaps in the future stetements.
Well, in the past his answers to KDf questions were only causing flame wars. Cryptics attitude about the KDF is very clear. And I for one can certainly live without things like "bang for the bug" or the infamous chicken/egg meme.

Oh and btw, he said Kirk.... he must have been loaded when he answered that.
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Rihannsu
# 48
07-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlapo View Post
That is either the best news for those that were hoping for a Romulan faction or the biggest piece of trolling ever.
trolling seems more likely, but boy do i wish to be wrong
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Career Officer
# 49
07-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
trolling seems more likely, but boy do i wish to be wrong
I'm convinced he does that on purpose. He lives off our sweet, sweet tears.
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Rihannsu
# 50 Cryptic
07-07-2012, 11:27 AM
here are just 5 questions I would like to ask

1) When will the Klingon Federation war end since it would only be logical that at some point the Federation would seek a diplomatic solution.

2) Will emote packs make a return in either the C store or GPL store on DS9 and can you give us a date or time when this would happen since I have some emotes that are locked at the moment like Air guitar etc.

3) Will the CXP ranks be tweaked so that you don't need so many points for its such a grind and I have multiple characters and grinding forever to get them to max diplomatic rank for example is such hard work especially since the DOFF system is the best way to do this?

4) Will the TR-116 rifle be put in the C store at all for I would like it since it relates to DS9

5) When will the dilithium cost for crafting be removed since you already pay for items with samples and schematics.