Career Officer
# 1 Chap. 2
07-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Q: (robinsonfamily) With Gozer leaving, will the PvP project he was working on still receive the same level of commitment? Can we expect an announcement from Cryptic Studios regarding PvP and who will now lead it?

Dstahl: While I?m sad to see Gozer go, we have an amazing array of new content designers, such as Mr. Dods (Alpha, Starbase Incursion, Starbase Alert) who will be continuing the work on PvP as we move closer to the redesign of the system. We expect the updates to PvP to happen on our Test Server first and will not be going Holodeck until the PvP community has had ample time to provide feedback. We know that this will take some time, whether Gozer was working on it or not. Fortunately, the work already done is still there and will be continued. I wish Gozer the best in his future endeavors, but if you are worried his departure is going to slow down content production, it will not. We?ve hired several new content designers and the content team is rock solid. We will continue to make great content, such as what you are seeing in Season 6.
- Ask Cryptic

Bull**** or quietly optimistic?
Commander
# 2
07-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Right.

So that he can shoot down everything said new content designer puts forth like he did with Gozer to make him want to leave Cryptic? And Geko can continue to introduce wild-assed, unbalanced, untested systems to the game willy-nilly? Odd new designer hasn't made a "Hello" post in pvp forums.

Awesome!

Oops, we've been Stahled again! <Britney singing>

Arawn - SOB
OP *is* the new balance!
Empire Veteran
# 3
07-06-2012, 06:48 PM
all thats for sure right now is that sto will EVENTUALLY get the pvp architecture thats been developed for never winter. other then that, we can only hope Jeremy pops in from time to time with a thread about fixing this or that.

unless another dev introduces themselves and does something reminiscent to the weekly update
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 4
07-06-2012, 07:27 PM
I'd love to see Jesse Heinig take up the mantle, he's competent. I'd settle for just about anyone who's willing to work the community though.

Knowing Cryptic's track record, they'll probably just keep delaying. Or they'll drive the remaining community out by putting Captain Gecko in charge
Rihannsu
# 5
07-06-2012, 08:16 PM
Yeah....

No offense... Ah.. forget that..

We're going to need more then another Bandaid Fix and more crap thrown onto the stale sandwich we've been forced to gnaw on for the last two years. Especially in space.

You need a true Checks and Balances person/section to be able to make sure that when your design Ideas for new ships doesn't actually break PVP even further to the point where it actually becomes unplayable.

Every time I read one of these Ask Cryptics, it's maybe.. MAYBE one question that gets answered about PVP. The rest is always about 5 concerning the newest Season coming out.. and the rest Foundry or PVE based crap that probobly shouldn't concern us PVPers yet will anyway at some point I'm sure..

/rage
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
# 6
07-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Can't really form an opinion until I know who's taking over, and whether or not they've been checking out the forum.

Their thoughts on whatever feedback Gozer gathered would be good to know too.

Well, at any rate, I'm perfectly willing to give the new guy the benefit of the doubt for the time being. Saying I'm 'optimistic' would be kind of an overstatement though.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters
Commander
# 7
07-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnmanx View Post
Can't really form an opinion until I know who's taking over, and whether or not they've been checking out the forum.

Their thoughts on whatever feedback Gozer gathered would be good to know too.

Well, at any rate, I'm perfectly willing to give the new guy the benefit of the doubt for the time being. Saying I'm 'optimistic' would be kind of an overstatement though.
The point is their thoughts on whatever feedback Gozer gathered doesn't matter, because he already presented it to Stahl and Stahl shot it *all* down, which was one of the reasons he's leaving or has left. And why would whoever is new to pvp not have said he's new for pvp from craptic? Seriously? Every other MMO developer in the world makes pvp an important part of their game.

Arawn - SOB
Lieutenant
Captain
# 9
07-06-2012, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepleasuredome View Post
The point is their thoughts on whatever feedback Gozer gathered doesn't matter, because he already presented it to Stahl and Stahl shot it *all* down, which was one of the reasons he's leaving or has left. And why would whoever is new to pvp not have said he's new for pvp from craptic? Seriously? Every other MMO developer in the world makes pvp an important part of their game.

Arawn - SOB
News to me. Got a source on that?

Regardless, Gozer's conclusions drawn from the feedback are not the same as the feedback itself; it still has value, even if it 'plan A' didn't pan out.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters
Lieutenant
# 10
07-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnmanx View Post
News to me. Got a source on that?

Regardless, Gozer's conclusions drawn from the feedback are not the same as the feedback itself; it still has value, even if it 'plan A' didn't pan out.
It's not just plan A, it's A, B, C, D, etc.... for your reading pleasure