Captain
# 11
07-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th23 View Post
It's not just plan A, it's A, B, C, D, etc.... for your reading pleasure
Yeah yeah, I know. I was referring to this particular instance.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters
Commander
# 12
07-06-2012, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnmanx View Post
News to me. Got a source on that?

Regardless, Gozer's conclusions drawn from the feedback are not the same as the feedback itself; it still has value, even if it 'plan A' didn't pan out.
Panda vent conversation Friday 6/22.

Arawn - SOB
Captain
# 13
07-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepleasuredome View Post
Panda vent conversation Friday 6/22.

Arawn - SOB
Same day he posted this then -

Quote:
Originally Posted by devgozer View Post
Thanks for the feedback folks. I don't think there will be a new PvP update thread for this week. For now I'll just post another question for you in this thread.

If you had to pick one of these two options Option (A), or Option (B), what would you choose?

Option (A)

A PvP system that was primarily made for level capped players, basically a end game activity.

Option (B)

A PvP system that could be used as an alternative path for leveling new characters.

Please don't read into this question. I'm not saying that a PvP system can't do both things, I'm just trying to get a feel for what you would prefer IF you had to choose between the two.

Whatever proposals he had can't have been all that far along if he hadn't even decided what he wanted it to do; so it being shot down may not mean all that much (in terms of work needing redone I mean).

Commander
# 14
07-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Same day he posted this then -

Whatever proposals he had can't have been all that far along if he hadn't even decided what he wanted it to do; so it being shot down may not mean all that much (in terms of work needing redone I mean).
What matters is not how far along they were, but that Stahl has repeated several times now (in paraphrase)"pvp is important to pwe, and we will have good pvp" and then denied pvp update proposals from one of his most senior content designers and long time employees.

And yes, the same day. But certainly not the same time of day. It wouldn't be the first time when Cryptic said one thing and another is actually happening (f2p for example). It's such a regular occurrence it should be no surprise to you, a veteran player and forum member of STO.

Arawn - SOB
Captain
# 15
07-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Quote:
What matters is not how far along they were, but that Stahl has repeated several times now (in paraphrase)"pvp is important to pwe, and we will have good pvp" and then denied pvp update proposals from one of his most senior content designers and long time employees.

And yes, the same day. But certainly not the same time of day. It wouldn't be the first time when Cryptic said one thing and another is actually happening (f2p for example). It's such a regular occurrence it should be no surprise to you, a veteran player and forum member of STO.

Arawn - SOB
It's not really a surprise, no. But I prefer to look forward; there's quite enough angry posters around here without me dwelling on past failures.

Commander
# 16
07-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Quote:
It's not really a surprise, no. But I prefer to look forward; there's quite enough angry posters around here without me dwelling on past failures.
Aye, but one can only look forward for so long until an established track record makes precedent. And that's what Stahl wants us to judge him, and thus Cryptic on. He said so himself. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=233254 And PvP is not the only gameplay that's been treated so. See PeregrineFalcon's history of the Klingon Empire, a thread I'm sure you know quite well. Or perhaps the multiple carrier threads where "there will not be a federation carrier" was stated many times. I mean really, I just don't understand how some players can not be realistic about what Cryptic says they are/aren't going to do when they do the exact opposite so many times.

Last edited by thepleasuredome; 07-06-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Captain
# 17
07-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Aye, but one can only look forward for so long until an established track record makes precedent. And that's what Stahl wants us to judge him, and thus Cryptic on. He said so himself. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=233254 And PvP is not the only gameplay that's been treated so. See PeregrineFalcon's history of the Klingon Empire, a thread I'm sure you know quite well. Or perhaps the multiple carrier threads where "there will not be a federation carrier" was stated many times. I mean really, I just don't understand how some players can not be realistic about what Cryptic says they are/aren't going to do when they do the exact opposite so many times.
It's just a different kind of realistic I suppose.

If you really accept that it's long odds, regardless of what you're told, then you can't get worked up about it when it doesn't happen.

Besides, it's not like its all gone wrong; the game's much better than it was at launch. Accepting that Cryptic does get it right sometimes is also being realistic.

Rihannsu
# 18
07-08-2012, 02:01 AM
there are no odds, there is no new guy, and there is no dev time devoted to pvp development. We don't make enough money, and the systems team couldn't design a pvp update/ balance fix if their lives depended on it

we might get a new arena map in season 7, while broken geometries and spawn points in Kerrat will remain the same as during S1.

Please hold the line, your call is very important to us
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013