Starfleet Veteran
# 31
07-17-2012, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkirkfan View Post
Second Wave is bugged.

After the end space battle, it warps me to Bajor, but doesn't let me finish the mission.

I have tried 4 times, always the same result.
There are so many threads about this it makes my head spin sometimes. I have said it in them and I will say it here. This is just sheer laziness when it comes to fixing things. This bug has been around since the mission first came out, and is still there

The fact it is still around after being reported so many times ingame and on the forums is just laziness and makes a joke of the mission.

Time to get it sorted Dev's, we're sick of using the bug report feature on this mission!!!
Starfleet Veteran
# 32 Can this be fixed or not?
07-17-2012, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpacknz View Post
There are so many threads about this it makes my head spin sometimes. I have said it in them and I will say it here. This is just sheer laziness when it comes to fixing things. This bug has been around since the mission first came out, and is still there

The fact it is still around after being reported so many times ingame and on the forums is just laziness and makes a joke of the mission.

Time to get it sorted Dev's, we're sick of using the bug report feature on this mission!!!
Makes me wonder if they cannot find the bug and that it is intermittent and effects certain characters only at level 5 - would be interesting to hear a comment from a Dev!
Ensign
# 33 Wanna team?
07-17-2012, 08:09 AM
I've had the same issue. Ran it three times solo, trying various methods suggested in this thread, but to no avail.

I haven't tried running it with someone else yet though. I'll be online this morning, if anybody wants to team with me to run it again, shoot an in-game PM to
Johnny-Johnny@Red-Shirt1969

Career Officer
# 34
07-17-2012, 10:08 AM
i recently did second wave on my new Ferasan K'Law (a science officer). True to the form of this thread, at the end of the mission (despite completing all objectives and optionals) I was rudely deposited at DS9 rather than in orbit of Bajor. I tried a few things, logging off and on, warping to bajor and then back to ds9.

My only option was to rerun the mission (I didn't drop it before beginning again). Did everything the same, except deliberately crapped out on the optionals for the sake of time (and since I already had the accolades from the first run) and after the battles outside DS9, I clicked on the ops message then closed it without proceeding, let the red alert run out. then clicked on the ops message again. At this point my mission window was saying Warp To Bajor (report to commander meso thingy) not DS9 so i clicked go and was able to complete the mission. Also then did the borefest that is Of Bajor as quickly as i could.

Not sure where the bug is, but this seemed to work for me.

In Game: @Liath | STO Join Date: Jan 2012 | PWE Join Date: Feb 2009
Starfleet Veteran
# 35
07-17-2012, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiledon View Post
i recently did second wave on my new Ferasan K'Law (a science officer). True to the form of this thread, at the end of the mission (despite completing all objectives and optionals) I was rudely deposited at DS9 rather than in orbit of Bajor. I tried a few things, logging off and on, warping to bajor and then back to ds9.

My only option was to rerun the mission (I didn't drop it before beginning again). Did everything the same, except deliberately crapped out on the optionals for the sake of time (and since I already had the accolades from the first run) and after the battles outside DS9, I clicked on the ops message then closed it without proceeding, let the red alert run out. then clicked on the ops message again. At this point my mission window was saying Warp To Bajor (report to commander meso thingy) not DS9 so i clicked go and was able to complete the mission. Also then did the borefest that is Of Bajor as quickly as i could.

Not sure where the bug is, but this seemed to work for me.
See, that worries me. Whatever the issue, it isn't consistant. I got the "warp to bajor" dialog and got dumped on the right map, not DS9, and it still didn't complete. I was just there in the Bajor system map, with the mission reset back to its original state.
Rihannsu
# 36
07-17-2012, 01:43 PM
It's been glitched ever since it was released. People are complaining more because of the season 6 release and associating it with Season 6 even though the glitch probably predates it.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 37
07-17-2012, 05:19 PM
boglejam73, I love the name tag sticker!! I remember that episode on ds9, that was funny
Ensign
# 38
07-17-2012, 07:34 PM
I guess since we are not paying for this game fixing bugs like this doesnt matter
Captain
# 39
07-17-2012, 08:07 PM
I have been finding that I've been getting a lot of lag between completing a mission and the game realizing that I've done so.

For example, I can collect the reward for "Strange New Worlds" but the "complete mission" option is still in the dialog window. I usually click it and it clears out, but in this situation doing so would send you to Bajor.

I don't think it's exactly that since I've not done the mission since s6 went live, but I thought I'd offer it as an option. The game may not realize that you're finished even though it says you are.
# 40
07-17-2012, 08:11 PM
this is my 4th toon... previously, i've had no problems with this mission, 'second wave'. i am playing as a kdf captain and have wasted about 20k GPL trying to complete it... same problem as everyone else... one thing i have noticed, i can't' seem to convince staas to 'comply' {?} even though i completed the optional... several times the doff missions even fail to start. in order to get them to start, i have to drop the mission log out, and back in hours later. i have not tried it in a group this time around and am willing to give that a go, but there is definitely something wrong with this mission. some have said lvl 50 captains are the ones having problems... i am lvl 50... devs, please fix. any constructive advise is welcome. thanks in advance!