Captain
# 41
07-26-2012, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Another thing to consider is...

When, Sarek, mind, melded, with, Kirk, Kirk. hijacked, the, Enterprise, wasted, an, entire, crew, of, Klingons, stole, their ship, and, brought, Spock, back, from, the, DEAD!. When Sarek mind melded with Picard, Picard cried a lot!.
LOL.

However Sarek was full of win. He knows who to go to when he wants stuff blown up and who to go to when he needs to not cry.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Lt. Commander
# 42
07-26-2012, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
The age old argument "Is Kirk the better captain, or is it Picard?" can be summed up in 6 words.... and one letter....

Sisko Punched Q In The Face.
Wouldn't that be 5 words and one letter?
-It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-- Mark Twain.
Career Officer
# 43
07-26-2012, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by retunred4good View Post
Wouldn't that be 5 words and one letter?
Guess technically the Q is both a word and a Letter in this context.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Starfleet Veteran
# 44
07-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Guess technically the Q is both a word and a Letter in this context.
Thats what I was thinking since it doesn't count as a proper name.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Captain
# 45
07-26-2012, 09:25 PM
I go Kirk. partially from my youth (grew up on ToS reruns & TMP era...)

Now, onto some specifics. Kirk was briefed by his crew, and would typically run defiant to their wishes as he saved the day "Don't quote me the odds" "You're a bricklayer", etc. Picard held meetings to come up with a community solution that everyone would like and feel a part of...

Kirk was destined to do all the stuff he did on his own. Sisko's destiny was written and aided by the prophets.

Side note: on the subject of ships "blown up" on a captain's watch, so far Picard (definite) and Sisko (maybe) are the only ones who had a ship blown up "underneath" them...

Kirk sacrificed the beat-up and due for decommissioning 1701-refit, Scotty could have gotten it working if he had time. That, and his sacrifice led to the capture of the BoP. BoP crash landed but could have been salvaged/restored to duty (it was in one piece IIRC) if UFP and KDF were on friendlier terms. Even then, some sources had Kirk's BoP as the reason the UFP learned much about Klingon shipbuilding... Picard was not on 1701-D when it went up, Riker and Troi lost that one. Picard is only on the hook for Stargazer. Didn't follow latter parts of DS9, so not sure how/if Sisko was involved in destruction of Defiant...

So ships lost count: Kirk - 0. Picard - 1. Sisko - 1? Janeway - 0 (though >50% crew lost). Archer - 0.

Kirk fathered children. Janeway adopted... That, and Kirk's "failed" prime directive encounters always turned out favorably for the Federation, Janeway's got half a quadrant mad at the UFP.

Archer was the "closest" to Kirk, both in mission and somewhat spirit. As the "modern" era Kirk, he draws second place on the "best captain ever" list, only because he's "too inspired" by Kirk...
Yes, I'm going here. Iconic / "hero" ships, I'm talking Galaxy/Defiant/Intrepid here you TNG-era fans, get a T6 version, then ALL the hero ships (Connie, Miranda, NX, etc.) need one too. I'm a ToS fan, and proud of it. This is a themepark, let me enjoy my ride or none of us deserve one...
Captain
# 46
07-26-2012, 09:27 PM
My choice: Archer. He had flaws, but he battled through them and helped create the Federation. Picard was just a simple "perfect person".

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhorton View Post
im considering using Voyager as my ships name after i make admiral
You can't use "Voyager" as a ship name. It's restricted.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Ensign
# 47
08-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Im going with Janeway because the Voyager series was always my favorite and I dont think Kirk's and Picard's crew was left stranded on a planet and survived, or got teleported into the Delta Quadrent, or libearated a Borg into their ship. There's many more reasons, but I'm not going to list them all.
Starfleet Veteran
# 48
08-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamegirlblue23 View Post
Im going with Janeway because the Voyager series was always my favorite and I dont think Kirk's and Picard's crew was left stranded on a planet and survived, or got teleported into the Delta Quadrent, or libearated a Borg into their ship. There's many more reasons, but I'm not going to list them all.
Picard was assimilated. Kirk was a captain at a time when the nearest starfleet vessel was brobably months away, and argued with god. Altho admiral janeway was a badass.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Ensign
# 49
08-05-2012, 06:22 AM
Kirk by himself isn't that great of a Captain, it's only as part of the Holy Triumvirate of Kirk, Spock, and Bones that he's the best Captain. Picard is only an OK Captain, he's too much of a European Captain, the best Captains are cowboy Kirk and The Sisko; if Janeway's megalomaniacal plans of galactic domination had ever played out, then I guess she'd be the best Captain by default, so it's a good thing Harry Kim was there to sabotage her. Archer, we don't talk about Archer... I think Porthos would've been a better Captain.
Rihannsu
# 50
08-05-2012, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by godemperorphooey View Post
he's too much of a European Captain, .
what do you mean by that?