Captain
# 1 With Season 6 Fleet-Centric...
07-06-2012, 08:21 PM
For those who prefer not to join a fleet, they are screwed when it comes to new ships/content...

and the fleet advancement, will this be something that is at the discretion of the fleet owners, or will it be an advancement system like already exists?

Inquireing minds, and all that
Commander
# 2
07-06-2012, 08:42 PM
From what I understand, the Tholian Invasion event and a few other events are open to everyone. The Fleet stuff is obviously locked to fleets.

It sucks that this stuff is blocked by fleet access. But I have a feeling that this thread is going to turn into "OMG join a fleetz" soon.
These forums suck. ~Omega X
Captain
# 3
07-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unikon View Post
It sucks that this stuff is blocked by fleet access. But I have a feeling that this thread is going to turn into "OMG join a fleetz" soon.
Either that or other players complaining with a "OMG Another thread complaining about this?"

Simple solution if it;s of interest: Create a one player fleet. I have no want to join a fleet but even I will probably do this.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Captain
# 4
07-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteguy904 View Post
For those who prefer not to join a fleet, they are screwed when it comes to new ships/content...

and the fleet advancement, will this be something that is at the discretion of the fleet owners, or will it be an advancement system like already exists?

Inquireing minds, and all that
Fleet stuff is at the discretion of the Fleet leaders. but if you are being asinine about it. They fleet members stop contributing and progress slows to a crawl.
Captain
# 5
07-06-2012, 08:51 PM
quite possibly. however i had enough of the high school drama that always accompanies guilds/fleets whatever you want to call them according to whatever game you play.

basically, if to get the plus 1 /tier 6 ships you have to join a fleet, and your advancement is dependent on someone not employed by PWE, then i will be leaving the game.

and last time i checked you needed 5 to form a fleet
Career Officer
# 6
07-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Fleets in this game are a joke as it is, there aren't enough consistent people online and in-game to sustain active fleets for very long. It's hard to find fleets that have people communicating in them everyday that last a long time. I've been in about 20 fleets during my time in this game during the last 3 years, and I haven't found one yet that sustains active communication in the fleet. It may last a few months, and when the game was new they were active, but fleets don't last long in this game. People lose interest, once they get to level 50 there is nothing to do so they stop playing, and the fleet dies. Fleets are pretty much mainly good for new players, or players leveling up. For people at level 50, and have been at end-game for 2 years, it's hard to find active fleets.

Therefore, Season 6 sucks in the sense that it focuses on something that isn't active enough. It'd be like spending a whole season on PvP, which no one hardly plays anymore.

I wish instead Season 6 had focused on end-game content, or new featured series or episodes. Some new content that keep people active in the game would be nice.
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Empire Veteran
# 7
07-06-2012, 10:22 PM
I work messed up hours, some weeks im working over night, others im up early in the morning and home by 3pm, therefore my game play time is equally sporadic.
Because of this and because i like to do my own thing i have not joined a fleet.

But not wanting to miss out on all the fleety goodness coming our way i have created my own fleets, one each for my Fed and KDF, all with the help of some kind people responding to my shouts out in Zone chat.
They helped me form it and then left, i then invited my alts and hey presto single person fleet!

From what i've read and been told by the devs on TTS, they are aware of a large number of single player + Alts fleets and have designed the Fleet system with us loners in mind.
You can advance your fleet just the same way a "normal" fleet can, sure it will take considerably longer, but its do-able.

So you arent gonna miss out on anything.
Career Officer
# 8
07-06-2012, 10:42 PM
I remember reading either here or in the chat about someone saying that it was possible to have 1 person fleet's just by having people help you start it, then populate it with your own alts, and then they leave. - - usually you'll have to pay them off with something, but if this works, then you're not out anything.

if it doesn't work, I've ran into situations like this with making guilds for other mmo's, and my experiences with pug guilds has been mostly positive. alot of people are in this same situation, would be willing to do their part if it helps them get their goal as well, and since you meet them while you're playing, are most likely going to be playing the same general time as you. - - - just be smart about it, don't put anything you care about into the fleet bank and stuff like that.
Banned
# 9
07-07-2012, 01:10 AM
Removed There Is No Point
Rihannsu
# 10
07-07-2012, 02:26 AM
Colony invasion, no win scanario and the tholians incursion can all be played without being in a fleet

the others, starbase defence, red alert, incursion and blockade, all you need to do is to be in a fleet to play them. it does not matter how many people are in the fleet. just being there will allow you to team with other people who are in fleets. so just find any fleet and join up. there are hundreds of casual fleets that wont require anything of you and you can play the events. you might even join a fleet you like and find you can have more fun that you realised.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission