Lieutenant
# 21
07-07-2012, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
my fleet wont tell you how to play the game ^_^ but we do require that you actually play the game. we also require that you talk and play nice with others. If you are communicative and playing we don't care what you do with your time online.
Ahah, don't get me wrong, I know that there are a lot of friendly fleets out there. Besides, talking/playing nice should be standard, considering we should all have basic manners and a level of social decorum. I've had great experiences with guilds in other MMOs, but there's something about being called "Fleet Admiral" that makes some people think they're entitled to respect, and to lord their will over other players.

Last edited by zadama; 07-07-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Career Officer
# 22
07-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteguy904 View Post
and last time i checked you needed 5 to form a fleet
dunno if it was already mentioned, but you may could just go to esd,and there ask in zone-chat if anoyone helps you with fleet-founding (for a lil' gift: f.e. 100k ec). they can leave after you set up your fleet. my bet is, it won't take long

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc/Rom: Lag Industries - D'Waste/Fed-Sci: Lag Industries - IAM
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PvP improvements, coming since 2010 lol

Last edited by wast33; 07-07-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Lieutenant
# 23
07-07-2012, 01:55 PM
Or you could just play the unblocked content until you have a good number of fleet marks, join a high level fleet for a day, get what you want and get out.
Lieutenant
# 24
07-07-2012, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozewa View Post
Or you could just play the unblocked content until you have a good number of fleet marks, join a high level fleet for a day, get what you want and get out.
^ I like this human... He is intelligent, and knows how to work the system.

As for not wanting to join a fleet. That is perfectly fine to do. I only have one alt in a fleet, but most of my alts remain fleet less.

That being said OP. this is an MMO. it is meant the be multiplayer, and while you can get what you want alone. MMOs are designed to be able to get what you want in a group faster.

So yeah. while you can grind up your fleet points and join a fleet for a day to raid.. I mean shop their fleet stores. You would be better off finding a fleet and doing it with them. But once again. it all depends on how much time do you want to put into it. Going alone will be harder but it can be done.

Last edited by zodiemish; 07-07-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Captain
# 25
07-07-2012, 04:23 PM
If you need these new uber-ships in order to survive the possibly much tougher story content that's supposed to come is Season 7, I'll be pretty disappointed since that would be forcing me into a fleet AKA playing in a way I'm not interested in playing.

Otherwise, the game is exceptionally solo player-friendly and I see no problem with finally giving the team players something to work for. I'm not going to cry over not being able to get a five console Olympic and neither should anyone else.
# 26
07-07-2012, 05:08 PM
Quote:
That being said OP. this is an MMO. it is meant the be multiplayer, and while you can get what you want alone. MMOs are designed to be able to get what you want in a group faster.
Yes but as a rule MMO's don't force you to join fleets, (or the specific MMO equivelent), to be able to do that. You can do that solo from such things if you so choose.

Though the fact that you can create a fleet solo is nice to know .
Lieutenant
# 27
07-07-2012, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl103 View Post
Yes but as a rule MMO's don't force you to join fleets, (or the specific MMO equivelent), to be able to do that. You can do that solo from such things if you so choose.

Though the fact that you can create a fleet solo is nice to know .
I think you repeated everything I just said. lol

But it is true. MMOs don't force you to join a guild / clan / fleet / corp. but MMOs do ( normally ) reward you if you work as a group. ( or in this case easier to get the rewards. )
It is not impossible to get the end game loot, best armor, or what ever alone in an MMO, but it is a lot easier if do it as a group.

which goes back to the design of massively multiplayer games.
Lieutenant
# 28
07-07-2012, 08:23 PM
I know at one point someone at Cryptic in one of the online interviews stated they were considered dropping the 5 person minimum to start a fleet. Anyone heard anything one way or the other on this?
Career Officer
# 29
07-07-2012, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by o4q123 View Post
I know at one point someone at Cryptic in one of the online interviews stated they were considered dropping the 5 person minimum to start a fleet. Anyone heard anything one way or the other on this?
They haven't done it yet on the test server. If people keep asking it may happen though.
Captain
# 30
07-07-2012, 11:57 PM
If you can't afford 400k EC to pay off a few people to help you found it at ESD then I can assure you you won't have the ressources to build a Starbase for yourself.