Captain
# 11
07-08-2012, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yinepuhotepgames View Post
Can I hear an "AMEN" on this?
No offense but you're preaching to the choir. Seems like that while Cryptic staff is willing to annoy those higher up for features, we're pretty much at the mercy of the PeeWee overlords.

I knew I stayed out of that thread for a good reason.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Career Officer
# 12
07-08-2012, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yinepuhotepgames View Post
Can I hear an "AMEN" on this?

Seriously, when there's no report post button, and you're told the only option is to PM a mod, but there's no easy way to find out who the mods are so you can PM one, it makes it seem that PWE doesn't care to moderate the forums.
There is a very easy way to find who the mods are, first most know Pwebranflakes is the main one, and to see the others all you have to do is leave the thread we are in, and scroll to the bottom of the thread list - in this case General Community Feedback - and you can see the names of kalecto, askray under the heading Moderators.

Yes the report button is easier, but that isn't so hard to do if you need to.

Dec/2008
Community Moderator
# 13
07-08-2012, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
Is quite happy to have been moderated for the signature I was sporting.
At least I know that one of the moderators is taking this seriously.
Now it seems we might never get a report post button back, but can we at least get a sticky from a MOD at the top of the forums explaining how to report a post ?
Just fyi it's never really a good idea to break the rules for the sake of doing so to prove a point. It can get you in more trouble than it's worth

They are working on the possibility of a report function (this was stated in another thread by Brandon), and also you can see the mods for every forum by going into the forum and scrolling to the bottom
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Career Officer
# 14
07-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
Just fyi it's never really a good idea to break the rules for the sake of doing so to prove a point. It can get you in more trouble than it's worth
I realize that man. I actually do. But at the point I decided to quote the thing I had once quoted in my Sig, such language and attacks had (despite reports) managed to stay on the forum for multiple days, in multiple threads.

I realize that quoting one of those things in my Sig and then posting a bunch all over the forums was a somewhat extreme way to bring the point to light. I realize that. But , was it effective ? I hate to say , Yes ... it was. But only with one moderator (that being you Askray).

Changing my sig to quote one of the least offensive things that was said, got (1) Me moderated for using an offensive SIG. Honestly just what I was looking for, AND
(2) Multiple threads full of such vile, offensive attacks are now gone. Again, just what I was looking for.

What I find really troubling is that even with my offensive signature, it took 12(ish) or more hours for someone to moderate it. Many many kudos to Askray. Not the Mod team, only Askray. Because despite my quoting something horribly offensive in my sig, and posting in multiple threads, Not one member of the purple name squad (and I know that some were on before Askray) even contacted me.

Right now, if there was a vote for best Moderator on these forums, it'd be Askray hands down.

In response to your statement above man. A couple of warnings from a mod .... Not more trouble than it's worth. Hell you could have perma banned me , and I'd have thought it was worth it , just because I now know that at least one Moderator is concerned about the current state of things, AND some truly VILE, OFFENSIVE things have been removed.

Before I pulled the thing with my Sig, some of that stuff had been there for days, unmoderated, despite reports.

I hate to be the one who broke the rules to prove a point.
I'm just glad it worked.
Career Officer
# 15
07-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Can't figure out how to send someone a pm with these stupid new forums.
So, my solution is that until i get a REPORT POST button, I will proceed to report all things I come across that I would press that button for by posting links to the offensive or rule breaking posts directly to the CORE Connect walls of whomever is listed as a Moderator at the bottom of pages.

Again. I am certain that I am not the only one for whom this is an issue.
I cannot suggest enough that a sticky be added to the top of the forums explaining all of the steps needed to (1) Figure out who the Mod is for a particular forum and (2) Private Message a mod.

These new forums are not easy on many levels, and I am not willing to put in more than a minutes work, figuring out how to pm a Mod just so I can report something.

I repeat.
Give us a sticky explaining all this.
Or get us a report post button back (I Know I know ... they're working on it.)
Captain
# 16
07-08-2012, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Can't figure out how to send someone a pm with these stupid new forums.
So, my solution is that until i get a REPORT POST button, I will proceed to report all things I come across that I would press that button for by posting links to the offensive or rule breaking posts directly to the CORE Connect walls of whomever is listed as a Moderator at the bottom of pages.
Does have a point. We can't PM from those links. Just checked.

Back to the support tickets I guess.

I'm just amazed that this hasn;t come up before on one of the other PW forums. It must have and been seen as an oversight but at least someone,
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

Captain
# 17
07-09-2012, 01:41 PM
@Askray (or anyone else) if you could figure out a url to send you a PM, it would be a plus.

Kind of bad having to use your core page as it;s out in the open.
---
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

Career Officer
# 18
07-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Guys, you don't need the core page. User cp, or private messages gets you to the pm menu. Send new message. You know the mods names .. all this 'I can't figure it out stuff is silly. Yes, I'd like the button back too, but c'mon already...

Dec/2008
Career Officer
# 19
07-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnbludd View Post
Guys, you don't need the core page. User cp, or private messages gets you to the pm menu. Send new message. You know the mods names .. Yes, I'd like the button back too, but c'mon already...
Okay. How do i get to this user cp ?? you are talking about ??
What the hell is a user cp ??
Where is the link for sending private messages ?
Maybe to you "all this 'I can't figure it out stuff is silly."

I on the other hand am a mostly technologically impaired Hippie, who , no matter how silly it is, Can't figure this out and would appreciate a post detailing the steps one has to take to pm a mod.

Sit there in judgement and call me silly or stupid or whatever, but this is the truth.
I cannot despite repeated attempts, figure out how to send a pm.

I intend to utilize their CORE Connect pages until such time as either (1) We have a REPORT POST button back OR (2) A post is made -and hopefully stickied- detailing how to send pms.

Silly to you, but as I know I am not the only one with this problem, at this point I am certain that there are MANY things going unreported.

Have a nice day.
Silly indeed

Edited to Add : There should at least be some sort of way to send them a PM when clicking on their name at the bottom of a page. Doing this takes you to their CORE Connect Page. Hence, using their core connect pages to report infractions.

Last edited by hippiejon; 07-09-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Career Officer
# 20
07-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Okay. How do i get to this user cp ?? you are talking about ??
What the hell is a user cp ??
Where is the link for sending private messages ?
Maybe to you "all this 'I can't figure it out stuff is silly."

I on the other hand am a mostly technologically impaired Hippie, who , no matter how silly it is, Can't figure this out and would appreciate a post detailing the steps one has to take to pm a mod.

Sit there in judgement and call me silly or stupid or whatever, but this is the truth.
I cannot despite repeated attempts, figure out how to send a pm.

I intend to utilize their CORE Connect pages until such time as either (1) We have a REPORT POST button back OR (2) A post is made -and hopefully stickied- detailing how to send pms.

Silly to you, but as I know I am not the only one with this problem, at this point I am certain that there are MANY things going unreported.

Have a nice day.
Silly indeed

Edited to Add : There should at least be some sort of way to send them a PM when clicking on their name at the bottom of a page. Doing this takes you to their CORE Connect Page. Hence, using their core connect pages to report infractions.
Jon when you reply to a post, both of the things I mentioned are right there above the window you type the reply into... one to the left and one to the right.

Private messages is under 'Welcome HippyJon'. User CP is up there under the forum address and the topic.

The player mods don't need that stuff on their walls, they aren't devs, just dedicated folks that want to lend a hand, they don't need a hard time. It's not the old forum, yes I miss features too....I don't think you're stupid, I get you're trying to make a point like you did with the sig, that you edited in the user cp, that you can't find now

Dec/2008

Last edited by capnbludd; 07-09-2012 at 03:18 PM.