Survivor of Romulus
# 1 Tholian Sector Block/s
07-07-2012, 05:46 AM
Dont get me wrong i love the new Tholian content.. just have a Q about additional tholian content down the line.

Will the tholians get their own Sector block/s in the future when they get their own Fe's (assuming we get more FE's) deep space encoutners, random dailys etc ?
Career Officer
# 2
07-07-2012, 06:00 AM
The only problem is that the Tholians were Xenophobes, so adding a sector block for them would mean it, by rights, should be closed to all players since it would be an act of war to encroach on their space.

What they could do is establish where Tholian space is and add a few more systems along that area. The Tholians were established to change their borders when it suited them, so a whole slew of systems could give way for a series of border skirmishes and other missions involving them.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
07-07-2012, 09:17 AM
They've mentioned a new sector with story content with the Tholians for Season 7.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook
Lieutenant
# 4
07-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Quote:
The only problem is that the Tholians were Xenophobes, so adding a sector block for them would mean it, by rights, should be closed to all players since it would be an act of war to encroach on their space.
True. But by invading Nukara Prime, the Tholian Assembly has already committed an act of war against the Federation. They'd be perfectly within their rights to lauch a counter-strike - although why they'd want yet another war front on their hands is beyond me.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Tholian Space shares a border with the Federation and the Klingon Empire, which centered around the Taurus Reach in the Vanguard books. Logically, both the Federation and the Klingon Empire could be expaned southwards to present a border with the Tholians, and some neutral stuff in between, big interspace rifts, and of course all that crazy stuff in the Taurus Reach. That way we get a nice zone of interaction with the Tholians without violating their territory, we get an expanded neutral zone with the Klingon Empire (which'd be agreat place for another open PVP isntance) and it'd be nice having a bigger galaxy.

Likewise, it'd be nice to see Breen and Tzenkethi space branch off of the DS9 neighbourhood at some point, as they're both in that region.
Commander
# 6
07-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeneezergoode View Post
Tholian Space shares a border with the Federation and the Klingon Empire, which centered around the Taurus Reach in the Vanguard books. Logically, both the Federation and the Klingon Empire could be expaned southwards to present a border with the Tholians, and some neutral stuff in between, big interspace rifts, and of course all that crazy stuff in the Taurus Reach. That way we get a nice zone of interaction with the Tholians without violating their territory, we get an expanded neutral zone with the Klingon Empire (which'd be agreat place for another open PVP isntance) and it'd be nice having a bigger galaxy.

Likewise, it'd be nice to see Breen and Tzenkethi space branch off of the DS9 neighbourhood at some point, as they're both in that region.
http://www.embracingthenerd.com/wp-c...r_trek_map.jpg

Tholian Space is to the far west of Cardassian space.
"My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
-The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-07-2012, 11:54 AM
That's a nice chart, but I'm sure it was mentioned in "The Tholian Web" that they bordered both the Klingon Empire and the Federation, and they certainly do in the Vanguard and Typhon Pact books, and according to Memory Alpha. I'm working my way through remastered TOS, and was gonna jump to that one with the impending Season 6 release anyhow.
Career Officer
# 8
07-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Unless the mission in test suggests otherwise, I'm not convinced these Tholians represent the Tholian Assembly of our universe. In which case, they don't need a sector.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Where you can also catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Lieutenant
# 9
07-07-2012, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeneezergoode View Post
That's a nice chart, but I'm sure it was mentioned in "The Tholian Web" that they bordered both the Klingon Empire and the Federation, and they certainly do in the Vanguard and Typhon Pact books, and according to Memory Alpha. I'm working my way through remastered TOS, and was gonna jump to that one with the impending Season 6 release anyhow.
Indeed, the Vanguard series does a show that Tholian space is bordered by both the Federation and Klingon Empire, so I'd hope that any new sectors are put below the Eta Eridani Sector Block.

I'm interested in seeing if any of the Vanguard stuff is incorporated into the Tholian story, to be honest.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
07-07-2012, 12:16 PM
The Star Fleet Battles Game has them coming from "Beyond Our Galaxy" chased by the Seltorians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tholian
"Zero, Zero, Zero...Destruct, Zero"