Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Starfleet Veteran
Just a quick question regarding the new fleet material on the new fleet ships on tribble. I will start of by saying its amazing. Looks so much like the hull plating on fed ships. Very well done to the ship team at cryptic.

The one thing Ive been thinking though is if we will be able to swap parts over when we customize our ships and still keep the fleet material. For example, at the moment if I have my standard Glaxy class retrofit and swap the hull for the Venture, we cant use material 6. (which is very anoying, considering Cryptics well known for customzing stuff).

The reason I ask is I will be wanting to use this material on "all" my fleet ships eventually and would like to swap parts over as you would when doing your ship up, and keep the new "Unique" fleet material.
Rihannsu
# 2
07-07-2012, 09:28 AM
I use 4 different parts for my Star Cruiser. I hope I can do the same with my fleet Star Cruiser and use this new material.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
07-07-2012, 10:14 AM
So do I. The new fleet material is something I've been waiting for since this game launched. A proper federation "aztec" hull plating design. Very effective and looks awesome.
Banned
# 4
07-07-2012, 10:40 AM
This is something I want to know as well.
And I also want to know if we will ever be able to mix n match Material 6 also.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 5
07-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Fleet materials unlock on all variants of the related class.
They are also usable on any variants you have unlocked.

Meaning: If you obtain a Fleet Akira, you can use the Fleet material on not only the base 3 Variants (Akira, Oslo & Zephyr), but also the Thunderchild, and Armitage, if you have unlocked them.

Parts are completely interchangable.

The Fleet Window/Escape pod variant is also available on all variants.

Keep in mind, not all ships obtained through the fleet system grant the fleet material/window/escape pod options.
I make space ships!
Twitter! STO_JamJamz
Captain
# 6
07-07-2012, 11:10 AM
Well said, Captain
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
07-07-2012, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captjamjamz View Post
Keep in mind, not all ships obtained through the fleet system grant the fleet material/window/escape pod options.
Why? (10chars)
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Banned
# 8
07-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Quote:

Meaning: If you obtain a Fleet Akira, you can use the Fleet material on not only the base 3 Variants (Akira, Oslo & Zephyr), but also the Thunderchild, and Armitage, if you have unlocked them.

Awesome to hear.
Is there any way this will be possible with C-Store ships and Material 6? Because right now its restricted to the ship model you buy, and can't be mixed and matched with any parts. =/

And speaking of Fleet Windows and Escape pods, any chance we could get full customization over which windows and escape pods we can use?
I mean easiest would be to just create texture variants of all possible escape pod and window combinations, which at presen't shouldnt be too many.

Something like this, quick photoshop of what the sovereign would look like with Escape Pods 1 and Windows 4.
http://alexraptor.com/images/SovTyp4WindTyp1Pods.jpg
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
07-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
Well said, Captain
You legend. So I can mix n match my Galaxy retrofit with the Venture hull parts with this new material. Awesome.
Career Officer
# 10
07-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Quote:

It should be made available for the Ody and Excel as well as the Dread even though you aren't making fleet versions of those. Starfleet ships should get it no matter what. Don't tie it to getting a fleet ship, make it a separate unlock as an alternate choice.

Dec/2008