Captain
# 11
07-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Interesting.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
07-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Can be found here under "house war" archived
Captain
# 13
07-07-2012, 11:35 AM
I don't really care about it, but thanks anyway.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
07-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Thank you all for your responses. I'm not a fan of fleets after having a bad experience so I made an alt fleet. I usually make 20,000 dilithium per day. Looks like I need to stop spending it and save it for my shipyards...
Career Officer
# 15
07-09-2012, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
Is this a push to eliminate the smaller fleets in favour of super fleets?
This relies on a false assumption, that every player and/or fleet should have a starbase.

Starbases are absolutely not required to play STO, to advance in STO, or to enjoy STO.

Fleet-less players, very small fleets, and RPers and PvP players/fleets (who don't farm much and so cannot build a starbase in a reasonable time compared to non-RP PvE fleets) will not have access to the perks of a fleet starbase.

But if such players and fleets enjoy being fleet-less, very small, RPing, or PvPing, lacking a starbase should not affect their overall gameplay. The perks are not so uber, and comparable versions of any new fleet-purchasable gear can be obtained in other ways, such as on the Exchange or by running STFs only.

So let the medium and large fleets slave away and throw in (or throw away) all their resources and time to build their starbases. The rest of the STO community will be fine.

LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
Captain
# 16
07-09-2012, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
Thank you all for your responses. I'm not a fan of fleets after having a bad experience so I made an alt fleet. I usually make 20,000 dilithium per day. Looks like I need to stop spending it and save it for my shipyards...
Looking at just the tier 1 starbases and what is required, that's a good idea.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-09-2012, 07:36 AM
Yay for now being forced to direct all dilithium into fleet stuff instead of c-store points :/.

Really, makes it sound like unless you are relentless in getting into every fleet project, you get nothing. At least, that's what I'm getting.
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
07-09-2012, 07:38 AM
Advantage of an alt fleet

I will get Everything I work for
and for me that means Galaxy class ships
and new shields
and a completely secure base with not one single half naked orion
Lieutenant
# 19
07-09-2012, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyxmas1 View Post
This relies on a false assumption, that every player and/or fleet should have a starbase.

Starbases are absolutely not required to play STO, to advance in STO, or to enjoy STO.

Fleet-less players, very small fleets, and RPers and PvP players/fleets (who don't farm much and so cannot build a starbase in a reasonable time compared to non-RP PvE fleets) will not have access to the perks of a fleet starbase.

But if such players and fleets enjoy being fleet-less, very small, RPing, or PvPing, lacking a starbase should not affect their overall gameplay. The perks are not so uber, and comparable versions of any new fleet-purchasable gear can be obtained in other ways, such as on the Exchange or by running STFs only.

So let the medium and large fleets slave away and throw in (or throw away) all their resources and time to build their starbases. The rest of the STO community will be fine.
My biggest beef with this is that fleets will be getting better and enhanced gear. I don't think it's right that though of us who don't want to be in a fleet are being put out in the cold with this. It's like they are trying to subtly force people into joining a fleet or something.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-09-2012, 07:52 AM
Yeah...

We are being told "The next tier of ships/next group of +1 ships are only for those who are in fleets, and can put plenty of time and effort into the fleet." (as I take it)

While sure, it's nice to have a solid, workable goal *cough*(unlike mk XII STF outfits)*cough*, for me it's coming across as an "all or nothing" deal.