Republic Veteran
# 31 To The OP
07-13-2012, 01:27 AM
Hi OP.

Just a thought since i do this on my new Tuffli freighter. Try doing the Federation, Romulan and Borg defence dailies on the Federation side (can get you dith that way too). it is possible to do them on lower tier ships, i know, i do them on a freighter that has NO Tac consoles lol.....just be more creative is designing the ship, if a freighter can do these without tooo much trouble, a Miranda class or Connie should be able to do them as well....and i am talking about doing them Vice Admiral Level too....

Have fun trying...its a kick and challenge for me....enjoy!!!!
"If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
Career Officer
# 32
07-13-2012, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
We have mission where we have to use our shuttlecrafts and fighters, but we don't have missions that requiring us to use our old, lower tier ships. A lot of our other ships are just collecting dust and some of us would like to use them or see them in action. It would not make since for us to try to use them in VA PVP or STF's because they have low hull strength and weaker shields, but Maybe they can come up with a tier level PVP were players can fight eachother using the approptiate tier level ship. For example, having the TOS Constitution fighting the old D7 Battlecruisers, or the Constitution fighting the B'rel Class Bird of Prey. I think there could be some episodes or dailies that could be made for us to use the old Constitution Class, or Excelsior, etc. What do you guys think?
I like this idea even more now it's clear that obtaining Fleet T5 versions of the lower tier ships = MegaGrind + lots of months + Money x 5 = extortion.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Ensign
# 33
07-13-2012, 02:33 AM
I think that the mechanism of STo is "crazy" and no-lore.
In Star Trek history I don't know one Cpt that command multiple number of ships in his life!
In STo you are "forced" to change minimum 5 type of ships, and I think this is a stupid thing!
If I want to use, for example, a Miranda Class up to the last level and if I want to go with this ship in a Borg event, I don't see why I can't make this!

In Star Trek DS9, in the battle of the Dominion (I don't remember the title of the episode) you can see clearly that in the federation fleet there are together Excelsiors Class, Galaxy Class, Akira Class, Saber Class and... Miranda Class!
Yes, Miranda class, an old ship, the KHAAN's ship! Why? So, Why I can't use the Constitution Class in a 25th? I don't understand this...
I know that the Constitution is obsolate, and than Miranda?

I love this game, but I would have loved too much if I could choose my path, assigned to spaceships by the game (and not only to the miranda/centaur/shik'har class but even galaxy, or defiant, or akira, etc) and I can grow up Mark when I grow up with the levels! This way is much more realistic, much more lore and much more fun... IMHO!