Ensign
# 1 Piracy?
07-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Just curious here, is it possible to be like a pirate kinda player in this game, like in EVE online, where you can attack other players, and loot.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
07-07-2012, 08:03 PM
STO PVP is consentual (in that you need to enter a PVP enabled scenario to get involved), and doesn't involve permanent loss of ships or items.

There is some PVE piracy Klingon side - they have a series of repeatable missions in Pi Canis that mostly involve stealing things from Starfleet, and duty officer missions all over the place that involve robbing civilian ships and facilities from just about every other faction. And Starfleet can get into some old fashioned piracy under color of law if you overuse the Inspect Civilian Freighter assignments.
Career Officer
# 3
07-07-2012, 08:16 PM
I wish this was possible OP, i really wish it was...

But STO is too artificial for that, and 99% of the playerbase would run from their computer screaming like a little girl if they would be attacked by.

Hence why only 0.1% of the STO players PVP's.
Career Officer
# 4
07-07-2012, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marctraiderz View Post

But STO is too artificial for that, and 99% of the playerbase would run from their computer screaming like a little girl if they would be attacked by.

That being said... only 0.1% of players can put up with the way Cryptic coded PvP in this game.....

Was really looking forward to Gozer redoing it.... but he's gone.. so yea...
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Career Officer
# 5
07-07-2012, 10:47 PM
No, and hopefully it stays that way. Keep that EVE bull in EVE, thanks.
Career Officer
# 6
07-07-2012, 11:03 PM
Thank god no...

Such a feature would be silly.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Captain
# 7
07-07-2012, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Single player Pvp
Lieutenant
# 8
07-08-2012, 01:21 AM
Quote:

A federation pirate? A really useful idea and totally Star Trek .

Next the Klingons will withdraw from battles because they fear the enemy. The Ferengi will donate all their Latinum and build a communistic society. Vulcans will become famous party beasts...

If you want to have such features don't play STO. It makes no sense in this game.

"What are his rights in this century? Will there be a trial or shall I execute him?" - Worf
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
07-08-2012, 01:31 AM
As long as "open PVP" takes place in a closed area and the defeated attacker is deleted every time I see no problem with it existing

(in other words I am cruising in open pvp space and am attacked by a defiant I vapourise said defiant and it no longer exists (the owner has to pay for it again))

the Attacker should risk everything for the crime of piracy
Captain
# 10
07-08-2012, 05:47 AM
I know it sounds childish but I would love some sort of pirate costume for my admiral and her crew. Would fit in with the backstory of misfits and troublemakers.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining