Captain
# 11
07-10-2012, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attizz View Post
A federation pirate? A really useful idea and totally Star Trek .

Next the Klingons will withdraw from battles because they fear the enemy. The Ferengi will donate all their Latinum and build a communistic society. Vulcans will become famous party beasts...

If you want to have such features don't play STO. It makes no sense in this game.
Orion PIRATES, aren't in STO.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Lieutenant
# 12
07-10-2012, 01:32 PM
This idea...is not good...

Keep in mind that some people play this for pure fun in chill mode. Like me... Then someone comes, freely attacks me and steals my loot that i worked to get?

Then i gotta steal it back or steal from someone else right? No way man...no way...

I enjoy the fact that we can raid with the klingons etc.
For example i always figured that WoW story sucked extremely bad...TBC, WOTLK, CATA...there is always a big badass dude that is killing everything in his path not caring what it is and only logical thing to do is to unite at least till those guys die...but nooo horde and ally still kill each other while some 3rd side kills them both at same time...

my point is, star trek story is better then that, more logical and to the point.
Also piracy in Federation???
Career Officer
# 13
07-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Piracy wouldn't be PvP anyway, unless the other player was flying a freighter. Only stupid, dead pirates attack warships. The same warships who are carrying no loot, and regularly have missions to rescue freighters from pirates. All loss, no profit = stupid pirate.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Lieutenant
# 14
07-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Orion Pirates? There are some Orion doing this, but not all of them. That is true for the Nausicaan too like in ENT. So i don't get your point. They are both not members of the federation.

"What are his rights in this century? Will there be a trial or shall I execute him?" - Worf
Career Officer
# 15
07-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
and Nausicaans are peaceful space traders, definitly not known as pirates in the Star Trek universe.
Career Officer
# 16
07-11-2012, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attizz View Post
Orion Pirates? There are some Orion doing this, but not all of them. That is true for the Nausicaan too like in ENT. So i don't get your point. They are both not members of the federation.
Who's asking for federation pirates?
Captain
# 17
07-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deyvad View Post
I wouldn't mind it as a crew costume. The mercenary outfit is captain only.

Would fit in with my backstory.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-11-2012, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deyvad View Post
Oh you mean the Maquis?

=/\= Transwarp 10.0 Victory Achieved on 26-July-2012, Six Months After F2P =/\=
Lieutenant
# 19
07-11-2012, 04:10 PM
I would have to agree with the majority, that it is a poor decision. I played some WoW and when you are PvE ninja looters really suck! If you don't know what ninja looters are; they follow you around in the game and wait for you to kill a mob, the mob drops some stuff and they run in and scoop it up. It is suppose to be an illegal move but the GM's won't do anything about it.

If the OP meant can you play without faction, no. You are forced to join the Feds just to get the Klingon you really wanted, by then you worked your butt off getting your Fed up to 25 so you really don't want to delete him. Even if you did delete the Fed it won't open a slot for making another Klingon. For $6.25 you can buy 2 more unrestricted slots and make 2 more Klingons.
Career Officer
# 20
07-12-2012, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
Would fit in with my backstory.
Excuses, excuses. You just want wenches!

(I do too...)

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk