Lt. Commander
# 1 M.A.C.O or Omega Force
05-06-2012, 06:33 AM
So my character is getting to the stage (i.e has grinded STFs) where I am now thinking about which of the two ground Borg Sets I should go for.

So which of the two would you reccomend and why?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-06-2012, 06:43 AM
Hmmm, for me I prefer the look of the Omega, but the stats of the MACO.

Also the Omega MK10 set has a suit you can wear whereas the MACO does not....
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-06-2012, 07:41 AM
I prefer MACO over Omega for ground purely because the shield is incredibly useful and it means that I don't need to carry shield packs anymore freeing up a device slot. The battle rifle is really useful as well.

I'd personally go MACO first then use them to grind more to unlock the Omega stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-06-2012, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Wolf
I prefer MACO over Omega for ground purely because the shield is incredibly useful and it means that I don't need to carry shield packs anymore freeing up a device slot. The battle rifle is really useful as well.

I'd personally go MACO first then use them to grind more to unlock the Omega stuff.
Looking at the stats of each that is what I was thinking to be honest.

I was thinking the M.A.C.O set with the Omega Carbine might give me the best of both worlds.

Thanks for the input
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyp48 View Post

I was thinking the M.A.C.O set with the Omega Carbine might give me the best of both worlds.

Thanks for the input
The quick remod is the best thing of either sets, really. Not much point if you lose that...
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblet
The quick remod is the best thing of either sets, really. Not much point if you lose that...
Unless you have the both weapons slotted.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-06-2012, 01:02 PM
Depends of you.

MACO is very usefull beacouse had a shield "buffer" ready to be used, and quit borg drops shields.

Omega is more offensive.

The MACO sniper rifle is very good, and very usefful.

The Omega carabine depends of you stile and kits.

If you use science Physics kit with the addapt system and the carabine you will pass nearly all your service period with "adapted". It also needs that you close more to enemy. If you adjust your play stile and use a "adecuated" kit, you will find your carabine very usefull.

On another words. It's more easy play with MACO than with Omega. But with time maybe you will be fine with Omega.

If that is your first set, pick MACO.

On visual aspects I preffer Omega, just beacouse MACO belt dont like me... but with Omega Elite set I must say that several armor pieces (shoulders) and neck dont ajust the same way with women than men.

Any way dont worry... you will have both

Thanks to everybody for the fun, sorry for my bad english.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-06-2012, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyp48 View Post

I was thinking the M.A.C.O set with the Omega Carbine might give me the best of both worlds.Thanks for the input
Actually that is not quite true.

The secondary weapon you will likely be wanting to carry is a Pulsewave with Knockback. Borg Standard issue and not part of either set.

It is particularly useful in Cure Ground Elite.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Both sets are good depending on how you use them. It depends on skill, play style, class and equipment. I personally love the Omega set.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-06-2012, 08:51 PM
So stupid question but can you guys tell me how to get the omega force armor to look like omega force armor when i equip it? i have omega force armor MK XI but it just looks like any other armor on my avitar and its starting to anoy me... any advice?