Ensign
# 1 Coming back to STO
07-08-2012, 07:12 AM
I was thinking about coming back to play STO because I have a lifetime subscription and I am so confused about thsi 2 logins that appear when I go to the STO page. Can someone please explaint o me what is with the perfect world stuff? Is it a different game? Is it a new login only, new company? does this effect my lifetime subscription with STO? Thank you all for your help.
Canada Web Services
http://www.canadawebservices.com
Commander
# 2
07-08-2012, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenmiogi View Post
I was thinking about coming back to play STO because I have a lifetime subscription and I am so confused about thsi 2 logins that appear when I go to the STO page. Can someone please explaint o me what is with the perfect world stuff? Is it a different game? Is it a new login only, new company? does this effect my lifetime subscription with STO? Thank you all for your help.
PWE is the new owner of cryptic for nearly a year now. They have several F2P games on the market, hich share the same login.
All newly created accounts post ownerchange are automatically PWE-Accounts.
From your statement I guess you still have a crypticaccount, so choose this option.
Be aware, Crypticaccounts will cease to exist soon and atm there is a promotion for linking your old account to a new PWE-account.

LTS still has the same benefits as before, plus some new ones like a monthly stipend of 400 Points (500 Zen soon) to spend on the shop for example.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Just a quick question, how do you tell if you have a PWE account or a Cryptic Account?

I joined during the 2nd annivesary during the promotion for F2P. But I remember when I created my account I had the option to select if I wanted to create a PWE account or a Cryptic Account. I cant remember for sure but think I selected the Cryptic Account option.
Captain
# 4
07-08-2012, 11:56 AM
If you;re posting here with the same information that you do to log in, you have a PW account.

Although you had to take the step to transfer the account over. Have you done that? I don;t see you mentioning up above that you have.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-08-2012, 12:09 PM
I havent transfered any account over. I've been away for a couple months and only looking into this now cause its saying I have no active character and its like I havent played the game based off the stats.

As far as loging in, I log in here with the same password and ID as I do on the launcher. But I also joined back during the 2nd anniversary which was the F2P launch weekend so I assume I should be good since it was said above that the ownership already changed over by then.
Captain
# 6
07-08-2012, 12:15 PM
Then I believe you;re logging into the game with your old Cryptic account and this one here is a separate account.

And I don;t have a clue how to resolve that since you;re going to hit the username already in user error when you try to merge.

Anyone else?
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

Lt. Commander
# 7
07-08-2012, 12:18 PM
This is what I dont understand how is this a different account when it was all one account.

I see the forums were changed and the layout and now all of a sudden my account is acting like I am a new member with nothing and no characters.

Why I hate when companies do this cause they dont notify you directly through your email to let you know they expect you to check the forums daily when life gets complicated and you cant do that.

Ive had easily 200 posts on here before I took a 2 month leave cause life called and now I am back to play the game and its like I lost all my stuff and progress.

The updating is finished so I am going to try the game and see what happens.

It appears my characters are still there. So now the question I am asking myself is what is up with the forums then. I created my account here the same exact day I joined on that friday night of the f2p launch during the 2nd annivesary which is where I got on Saturday afternoon my Odyssey ship in a box after playing all night that friday.

Last edited by milner62; 07-08-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Captain
# 8
07-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milner62 View Post
This is what I dont understand how is this a different account when it was all one account.
That's why I was asking if you had transferred the account. You say you didn't but I;m not clear how your PW account came into being. The only way that they would be the same is if you merged them.

The old forums and the game sat separately away from anything else. Now we share the same login information and forums with all of the other PW games and your STO account is hooked onto that.

Quote:
I see the forums were changed and the layout and now all of a sudden my account is acting like I am a new member with nothing and no characters.
Then I have a feeling you are using a new account. At least your PW account is new and is not tied in with your old Cryptic one.

Quote:
Why I hate when companies do this cause they dont notify you directly through your email to let you know they expect you to check the forums daily when life gets complicated and you cant do that.
And when they sent out a game wide email, they got hundreds of people in here complaining about how their privacy was violated. It's a catch 22.

Welcome back by the way.

As an aside when I left after 2nd anner and game back at the start of f2p the first thing I did was ditch my characters and started over.
---
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

Lt. Commander
# 9
07-08-2012, 12:42 PM
I didnt transfer any account. When I joined I apparently created a PW account cause when I logged into STO the ball was checked for PW account. When I used the forums I dont recall even creating an account I just used the same log in information from the game and it logged me in just like now. I logged in here just like I did 2 months ago but everything is different.

As far as starting over, I wouldnt mind starting over I was just getting worried I might have lost stuff that was bought and it was no longer being shown bound to my account.

Besides that I sent a ticket in on this and see what they say.

Something is not working right considering under the welcome, text it tells me "you last visited: 12-31-1969 at 04:00 PM"

Aside from that I am logging into the game and here with the same PW account apparently that I created back on the friday of f2p launch (I remember it gave me the option to select what kind of account I wanted to create a PW or a Cryptic I left it default but didnt remember if that was PW or Cryptic. I am trying to setup my profile here and the thing isnt showing any characters from STO that I am playing right now.

Last edited by milner62; 07-08-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Career Officer
# 10
07-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Quote:
I am trying to setup my profile here and the thing isnt showing any characters from STO that I am playing right now.
STO Toons are not available yet, AFAIK

Edit: About the 1969 dates
Quote:
Originally Posted by synkr0nized View Post
Everyone has the same date.
December 31, 1969 is the date that corresponds to 0 in Unix timestamps. So when they moved the forum over to whatever database we have now and did not preserve this information, the default of 0 gives us all that date.

Last edited by deyvad; 07-08-2012 at 01:06 PM.